Thread: Hit a wall

djgreen is offline Senior Member

Hit a wall

I have lost about 50lbs in about 4 to 5 months through diet and exorcise but all of a sudden it has became impossible to drop below 240. I am suspecting my metabolism has slowed down due to my crash diet at the beginning, before I learned a good diet. so what do I do I have tried carb cycling and it does not help me right now should I use t3 t4 or some kind of drug to cut the last 20 30lbs because I can maintain weight no problem once I get there

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    What are your stats?

What are you eating now?

What does your daily diet consist of? Lay it all out, macro wise.

I bet you are not eating enough.

6'5
    im trying to eat pretty clean at 2000 2500 cals a day with some cheat meals with going to the gym for an hour 5 days a week but I think I may fall short of that most days, you may be right I may not be eating enough should I start eating 2500 2800 cals a day

What is your body fat percentage?

25% on the scale lil less because it doesn't take into factor my muscle mass

Let's just use 22%

If 22%, then you are looking around 2800 cals to maintain what you have. If have been eating at 2000, you should be losing weight. Are you counting everything you eat? Maybe you are eating more than you think or less.

Do you count macros?

not macros usually just cals I used a myfitnespal an app on my phone to count cals and after a wile I stopped using it but I bet im eating less than 2000 and not loosing actually maintaining at best that's why I think my thyroid has slowed down

Quote Originally Posted by djgreen
    not macros usually just cals I used a myfitnespal an app on my phone to count cals and after a wile I stopped using it but I bet im eating less than 2000 and not loosing actually maintaining at best that's why I think my thyroid has slowed down
    I love that app and use it all the time!

Start using it again and see what you are eating

yea ill give that a try again it worked when I used it, I wonder if a lot of ppl that looses a lot of weight run into this problem the first 50 melted off quick before I hit the wall

I still don't understand how I can eat low cals and workout for an hour with cardio added and not loose an ounce

Quote Originally Posted by djgreen
    I still don't understand how I can eat low cals and workout for an hour with cardio added and not loose an ounce
    Trust me, I'm in the same boat!

Look into carb cycling, there is a stickie on it. It could help out, give it a look

I am getting lean so i can cycle some test c I was thinking of getting to 20% bf an starting a 250mg cycle because ill loose a little on cycle. I know everyone says to cycle at 15% but I know of men a lot fatter than me on TRT running no AI or good diet and they don't get any sides other than acne ,so I figure if I run a normal dose while using an AI and estrogen blockers i shouldn't run into to many problems

But im not in a rush to cycle I just need to find a way to get to my goal bf% ill keep trying fitness pal and mabe a even cleaner diet an see how that works

Wintermaul is offline Junior Member
    How is your diet on a typical day? You said that you have some cheat meals how often and what do you eat? If youre only a few hundred kcal under TDEE a cheat meal 1-2 a week could easily cause you to not to get under TDEE in the total of a week therefor not losing BF. Another thing, if you're above 15% why do you have cheat meals?

a cheat meal for me would be ice cream about 200 300 cals and other than that its veggies lean meats low cal fruits and nuts I only eat ice cream to keep the cravings down but Im doing the same thing as I was when I was loosing weight

Marc114 is offline Junior Member
    I'm certainly no expert , I can only tell you what I did when I had the same issue. I kept my calories the same but adjusted down my fat and carb intake. made up for it by adding more protein. That did the trick for me.

ahhhhh didn't think of to much fat, and carbs that could be the prob because I don't keep a close eye on them mostly worry about cals
    Last edited by djgreen; 04-25-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Thread Information