Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By uhit
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: Meal delivery diets... Are their any good ones?

BIGO181979 is offline New Member

Meal delivery diets... Are their any good ones?

Anyone tried any of these meal delivery companies like Flexpro and such? With 2 jobs kids, dog training and working out again I have a ridiculously busy schedule and can't find the time to meal prep and cook properly. Half my meals are bought in a drive through and I need to make a change. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these companies.

uhit is offline Member
    Have you tried the 'bro' thing and precooking everything in the am and taking it with you in tupperware?
    It is an option and will be much cheaper.

Can't assist you in the companies since I am uninformed myself.
    DCI likes this.

BIGO181979 is offline New Member
    Yeah thats what I am saying i don't have time to cook and put meals away.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    I don't trust anything delivered or made ahead of time other than with myself or wife. You really never know what your getting. It would be a bummmer to spend the money and time for month to find out you ate a bunch salt, sugar, preservatives and so on. Whole foods=Good Nutrion!! Spend the extra money on smaller packages of food you can keep with you in a small cooler. GL

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by uhit
    Have you tried the 'bro' thing and precooking everything in the am and taking it with you in tupperware? It is an option and will be much cheaper. Can't assist you in the companies since I am uninformed myself.
    Let's call it bro pro.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have triplets, work two jobs and train like a dog four times a week. I am seperated and "make" time to grill up my chicken and boil some pasta or rice. In fact I usually do it while I am cooking breakfast on Sunday. Once it's cooked/grilled put your meals together and your done. It's just a habit really that you "just" need to get into.
    DCI likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    I have triplets, work two jobs and train like a dog four times a week. I am seperated and "make" time to grill up my chicken and boil some pasta or rice. In fact I usually do it while I am cooking breakfast on Sunday. Once it's cooked/grilled put your meals together and your done. It's just a habit really that you "just" need to get into.
    Wow. U got a lot going on.

It's all about priorities! I bulk cook on weekend. My bulk is probably a lot less then yours.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Wow. U got a lot going on. It's all about priorities! I bulk cook on weekend. My bulk is probably a lot less then yours.
    I am sure.....but don't you feel half the battle is planning ahead and by doing so you are more likely to stay on track?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    I am sure.....but don't you feel half the battle is planning ahead and by doing so you are more likely to stay on track?
    Yes sir. Uncomplicated approach. I put proportioned food in airtight containers making salads along the way. Much easier. No thought in the morning as I am running out the door! Apple or protein bar/ shake in car for emergencies.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    Agreed on all point I cook 10 chicken breasts at a time and 2.2lbs of lean ground steak beef and rice and potatoes and broc/peas all at the same time takes about 30 mins max then into ikea sealed boxes bang them into the fridge.

All my meals for tomorrow day are already cooked and ready to go.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Yes sir. Uncomplicated approach. I put proportioned food in airtight containers making salads along the way. Much easier. No thought in the morning as I am running out the door! Apple or protein bar/ shake in car for emergencies.
    I even cook my oats before i go to bed so their cold in the morning so i can eat them in a rush if im stuck food to me is fuel

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My wife has been doing Nutrisystem for the past 7 weeks and is down 14lbs. It's working great for her. I agree though that you need to make the time to prep your meals though. It's simply part of the lifestyle. How long do you store chicken for when prepping? I can't eat it after it's been in the fridge more than 24-36 hours.

NumLock is offline Junior Member
    i don't trust them. i'd better cook myself, and it doesn't consume a lot of time.

Thread Information