Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 1 Post By Khazima
  • 3 Post By RaginCajun
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat

Thread: Wedding food

uhit is offline Member

Wedding food

My sister's wedding is tomorrow and then my mates is on sunday, so I've got 2 days with wedding food (thankfully only 'lunch' is being served).
    Obviously I can't get out my food scale and measure the food.

The food for both days generally consist of:

Roast chicken legs
    White rice
    Diced lamb
    Fish (I think seabass or salmon)
    Kebabs

Then there is desert and I honestly don't know if its rude to say I don't want it because it's such a big event for the person

Desert is:

Chocolate fondue
    Ice cream
    Cakes

So I can't count macros here. What would be the best thing to do in this situation? Skip breakfast?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by uhit
    My sister's wedding is tomorrow and then my mates is on sunday, so I've got 2 days with wedding food (thankfully only 'lunch' is being served). Obviously I can't get out my food scale and measure the food. The food for both days generally consist of: Roast chicken legs White rice Diced lamb Fish (I think seabass or salmon) Kebabs Then there is desert and I honestly don't know if its rude to say I don't want it because it's such a big event for the person Desert is: Chocolate fondue Ice cream Cakes So I can't count macros here. What would be the best thing to do in this situation? Skip breakfast?
    Enjoy the day and get back to next week. Unless u r contest prepping, of course.
    Khazima likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I agree enjoy it and burn it off teo days later if your gonna be hung over too(I'd stay away from the drinks - all in moderation is fine!

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    I'd try to pig out on the proteins and leave the sugars alone thats just me. Or I'd skip my weekly cheat meal and live it up

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just let loose for the weekend, no one got fat in two days.
    DCI likes this.

Blog Entries
    You're gonna burn out if you aren't enjoying your life along the way of a bodybuilding lifestyle. Have a good time at the wedding and don't worry as much about the macros it's only 1 weekend

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Bridesmaids dude, bridesmaids!
    Khazima, tarmyg and DCI like this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    Bridesmaids dude, bridesmaids!
    Bad bad bad. Lol
    RaginCajun likes this.

bignath4607 is offline Associate Member
    Idsay eat what you want on the day burn it of in the evening by getting on top :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

uhit is offline Member
    Ill lay off the drinks and sip sparkling water whilst enjoying the lovely food

Man if you don't want to go pro the enjoy the dag on wedding!! It's two days man! Eat clean while your their if you want and have a little desert. Ditch the alcohol though. Enjoy yourself man, you live once so don't get too caught up being on the strict and narrow all the time. But hey this me, I have a cheat meal every week that consists of Ben and Jerry's.

uhit is offline Member
    First wedding done. No bloat or anything. Didn't go balls to the walls and still managed to enjoy myself to the three course meal. Workouts were done as normal beforehand and I threw in 30 mins of HIIT cardio as well. Probably hit maintenance or a very very slight surplus. Not drinking alcohol and sticking to sparkling water actually led to people admiring my dedication haha, did not expect that at all!

Looking forward to todays wedding now

Quote Originally Posted by uhit View Post
    First wedding done. No bloat or anything. Didn't go balls to the walls and still managed to enjoy myself to the three course meal. Workouts were done as normal beforehand and I threw in 30 mins of HIIT cardio as well. Probably hit maintenance or a very very slight surplus. Not drinking alcohol and sticking to sparkling water actually led to people admiring my dedication haha, did not expect that at all!

Looking forward to todays wedding now
    There ya go man! Enjoy yourself.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    For the better or the worse my days of sweating this stuff are over. I still do like you did and make some prudent choices but I do not deprive myself on special occasions. I do not compete and I enjoy these events and the food and even find that subconciously my decisions are better than others make just from being in this lifestyle for a long time.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've given myself a complete and total wedding cake pass. As much as I want, I don't care. I go to like 3 weddings a year, I eat well(ish) every other damn day.

Just like one workout wont give you abs, one wedding cake (yes, a whole cake if you dare) wont kill you... unless you go to a ton of weddings, then your screwed .

Thread Information