turquoisegenie is offline Female Member

new girl on the block-gots issues

Okay so I've introduced myself on the women's newbie page and quickly got a grasp on how things run.
    I am starting a whole new journey into a fitness realm that I am particularly unfamiliar with and it's pretty exciting.
    I'm turning 30 next month... But I look much much younger. And I want to continue looking as young as possible for ever and ever. (Amen)
    Here's my thing, I don't eat meat.
    I've never cared about my protein intake BC I am so used to watching calories. But, protein has a lot of calories generally, so this is a concern.
    I'm 5'9, 140lbs... Probably 18% body fat? 140 is a little big for me, I have an injury that's kept me out of the gym for a month.
    Slowly rehabbing and I'm going back Monday to start some workouts that don't effect my knee.
    I want to cut the fat, slim down.. I don't want an overly muscular body, I love my femininity.
    Also, my booty is not the problem, I actually want to slim this thing down. It's up and perky but me no likey the badunk a dunk monster I created. I am in unfamiliar territories here with my body and I'm really not sure what direction to take with it.
    I have dealt with ED most my life and this had been a transition over the last two years. So I'm ready and willing to be a student. Bo_rhinoxo IG. This is where I'm logging. Just ignore everything else. Seriously.
    Thanks!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Welcome!

Starting a log helps!

What does your daily meal plan look like?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Welcome!

Starting a log helps!

What does your daily meal plan look like?
    I'm logging, but I'm fresh at this whole thing.But hey, maaan... I'm freaking constipated. Over the last two days I've consumed 90g + of protein each day, easy.
    I had no idea I would be in so much pain from it! Holey cow I'm dying. How do you maintain tons of protein without getting stopped up?

bina is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisegenie
    I'm logging, but I'm fresh at this whole thing.But hey, maaan... I'm freaking constipated. Over the last two days I've consumed 90g + of protein each day, easy. I had no idea I would be in so much pain from it! Holey cow I'm dying. How do you maintain tons of protein without getting stopped up?
    Drink a lot of water. At least a gallon a day and I just started taking a fiber supplement which helps. It will take a bit for your body to adjust to your change in diet.

Quote Originally Posted by bina View Post
    Drink a lot of water. At least a gallon a day and I just started taking a fiber supplement which helps. It will take a bit for your body to adjust to your change in diet.
    I took something to help but the water is definitely needed. Guessing I should eat an avacado a day? For the oils? I ran out for some vegan pho. This is kicking my butr, day two. And I hadn't even hit the gym yet.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I have a GI problem/digestive probs...(no spleen 5 ventral hernia repairs) but fiber fiber and fiber(& lots of water as someone stated) also check out Magnesium Chelated(aids in digestion) also dense greens will help, fiber supps(benefiber metamucile etc)... Avacodos are a great healthy fat source(avacodo oil, olive oil, flaxseed etc).... **live cultures of Probiotics(25-50,000) work very well for any back up problems, as well...

Post up what(everything you eat in a day "what are you warm ting right now" thread as it helps tremendously - and keeps you accountable as will everyone in there lol

GL
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-04-2015 at 02:40 AM.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisegenie View Post
    Okay so I've introduced myself on the women's newbie page and quickly got a grasp on how things run.
    I am starting a whole new journey into a fitness realm that I am particularly unfamiliar with and it's pretty exciting.
    I'm turning 30 next month... But I look much much younger. And I want to continue looking as young as possible for ever and ever. (Amen)
    Here's my thing, I don't eat meat.
    I've never cared about my protein intake BC I am so used to watching calories. But, protein has a lot of calories generally, so this is a concern.
    For a woman you can get a good amount of protein from soy without having to worry as much about estrogen/progeserone like men do. Is eggs considered meat?
    I'm 5'9, 140lbs... Probably 18% body fat? 140 is a little big for me, I have an injury that's kept me out of the gym for a month.
    18% bodyfat would put you in a pretty athletic category for a female. Someone like Jillian Michaels might be 17-18%. Bodyfat % are different for women since they hold more fat for baby making purposes Heres a link that shows accurate pics of women at different bodyfat%'s to help you get a gauge of where your at
    http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutri...men-women.html

Slowly rehabbing and I'm going back Monday to start some workouts that don't effect my knee.
    I want to cut the fat, slim down.. I don't want an overly muscular body, I love my femininity.
    Also, my booty is not the problem, I actually want to slim this thing down. It's up and perky but me no likey the badunk a dunk monster I created. I am in unfamiliar territories here with my body and I'm really not sure what direction to take with it.
    I have dealt with ED most my life and this had been a transition over the last two years. So I'm ready and willing to be a student. Bo_rhinoxo IG. This is where I'm logging. Just ignore everything else. Seriously.
    Thanks!
    I would love to see your current diet and training routine and hopefully we can be of some help to you. Also consider an enzyme supplement to add to your high protein diet or buy some magnesium citrate (liquid) and drink a couple ounces of it twice daily and adjust just in case you get the opposite of constipation
    Last edited by scotty51312; 05-04-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Okay, so I'm probably at 25%
    I do eat eggs but i cant have them every day.
    I post things on my IG but I created a tumblr account to log my blogs about it. Helps me organize my day to day.
    I don't have a set plan yet. I'm just mindful while I get in the swing of things.
    Trying not to get overwhelmed.
    My tumblr name is SweetProduce
    Just created it, don't know how to navigate it yet.
    I'm eating egg whites, Greek yogurt, hemp seeds, black beans, protein shakes, peanut butter.. Of course I apply my culinary skills to my meals.
    Had phö last night. It was vegan and amazing.
    I have a goal on cutting alcohol out.

I'll check out those supplements.
    What about the other kind of supplements? The harsher things?
    I would take something to aid in my goals.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisegenie View Post
    Okay, so I'm probably at 25%
    I do eat eggs but i cant have them every day.
    I post things on my IG but I created a tumblr account to log my blogs about it. Helps me organize my day to day.
    I don't have a set plan yet. I'm just mindful while I get in the swing of things.
    Trying not to get overwhelmed.
    My tumblr name is SweetProduce
    Just created it, don't know how to navigate it yet.
    I'm eating egg whites, Greek yogurt, hemp seeds, black beans, protein shakes, peanut butter.. Of course I apply my culinary skills to my meals.
    Had phö last night. It was vegan and amazing.
    I have a goal on cutting alcohol out.

I'll check out those supplements.
    What about the other kind of supplements? The harsher things?
    I would take something to aid in my goals.
    Anavar is good place to start but try and get your bf down to say 20%(the less the better your results) ... 10mg per day(or 5 to start - and go off sides to increase)... If you increase split dose every 12 hrs w/the 10s(5mgs say at 5-6am then again at 5-6pm) ... But more isn't always better in this game...
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-04-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Anavar is good place to start but try and get your bf down to say 20%(the less the better your results) ... 10mg per day(or 5 to start - and go off sides to increase)... If you increase split dose every 12 hrs w/the 10s(5mgs say at 5-6am then again at 5-6pm) ... But more isn't always better in this game...
    I've been trying to post a reply about my routine today but it said it has forbidden content? Lol that's crazy! Nothing of the sort was mentioned.
    Tried twice, both lengthily. I don't understand?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Anavar will add lean muscle and reduce bf provided diet is clean. I am getting confused on her goals or why this is being suggested. Altho somewhere I read she wants to get shredded. Perhaps wants both. Recomp is not impossible but difficult. I saw OP photos on IG but 25% seems high estimate. Please don't take this wrong but skinny fat comes to mind. Very little muscle tone. At 5'8" and 140 lbs you are not fat!!!! Maybe more just skinny.
    Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 05-04-2015 at 04:30 PM.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Maybe this will help. The scale is a poor indicator. Here's why. Both weight 5 lbs but one takes up more space! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3435863178.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	208.0 KB 
ID:	156783 Most bathroom scales do not accurately distinguish between weight of muscle and weight of fat. It's just pounds to the scale. Resist using a scale to judge progress. Use pics and measurements. They tell more accurate story of your transformation. Clothes are a better indicator then the scale. Personally I would not jump on anavar . I would rather see you construct a meal plan and training routine that involves moderate weights and higher reps. 20 - 25 reps. 4 sets. Start with a weight that takes you to a place of fatigue and to failure. It will take a little time to figure out where this is for you. I actually had to log this on my phone in a notes page. That's what I did. Recorded every machine by its name on the side and the weight that I did. Annotating if I needed to add, subtract. After a while u won't need this but save it so you can look back and see where you started. Your diet is key. For me it's my biggest variable. I can eat clean one day even 4. But getting thru 21 days is really a challenge for me. It is for a lot of us. I had one good day today. I need to do drastic things. Eliminate food from my home. Eliminate ppl from my life. (Sadly some ppl are not healthy for girly esp my party buds bc alcohol is empty calories. If you were to log what a typical day looks like, the members will give you valuable feedback. Just write down what and approx how much you ate by meal and snack. You aren't far from what I think you want.
    Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 05-04-2015 at 05:10 PM.

I'm even a little confused on what I want. Sheesh. I don't even know if my body structure will let me get as thin as I want.
    I don't even see myself as skinny... I think I'm a cow 🐄 skinny fat tho? I know what that feels like to touch, and yea, I feel like that right now. This is the worst I've felt in a long time, even after I had both my kiddos, I walked out of the hospital with a flat stomach.
    It's OK. I'll try and stay positive and not hate the world.
    Like I do now.
    I'm depressed and I'm going to crawl under the covers now.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    are you lifting any weights?

do you use myfitnesspal?

at 140 lbs and let's 20% BF, leaves you with about 112 of lean body mass (muscle)

to maintain what you have, you need to eat around 1700 cals a day. so, in order to start cutting, drop the cals by about 200-300 a day to see how your body responds. do not expect the weight to just fall off, you need to gradually lose it so your body can adjust, give or take about 1-2 pounds a week since you are not that fat!

we can guide you in the right direction, Girly and Bina are two that can really help.

consistency and discipline are the magic pills!

Okay so I'm 5'9, I've lost a couple pounds, at 138 now.
    Lost my bloat and drinking tons of water.
    I posted my work out on IG.
    500 reps on my legs and butt, 200 shoulders and arms, 200 scrunches and 40 mins of resistance cardio.
    (Stair master, tredmil on 15% incline)
    I noticed a huge difference in my stamina as from yesterday.
    Skin is brighter, tummy flatter, body more firm.
    Assuming it's muscle memory.
    Hadn't eaten anything yet, it's 2pm.
    Guess I should have a shake.
    I'm not sore, i stretch A LOT. icing my knee though.
    Posting pics tomorrow morning.
    Taking measurements today.
    Much happier today.
    My funk is going away!

Thread Information