Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By PistolPete33
  • 1 Post By MIKE_XXL

Thread: Need weekend snack ideas.... UGH

  1. #1
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,788

    Need weekend snack ideas.... UGH

    So, I go camping on the weekends starting this past weekend and I do AWESOME all week long on my diet but come the weekend and now with camping it's way more difficult to stay on track. I'm not one to sit around and relax AT ALL but when I'm camping it's what it's mostly about. When I get bored I get hungry and this weekend I was pounding Soda, Doritos, and Chips Ahoy cookies. During the week I'm so good and I know it's good to have a cheat day (once per week not twice) so I'm looking for some easy snack ideas. I'm going to pick up some Quest Bars which are OK but better than Chips Ahoy. Looking for other snack ideas that won't crush my diet.

  2. #2
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,316
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33
    So, I go camping on the weekends starting this past weekend and I do AWESOME all week long on my diet but come the weekend and now with camping it's way more difficult to stay on track. I'm not one to sit around and relax AT ALL but when I'm camping it's what it's mostly about. When I get bored I get hungry and this weekend I was pounding Soda, Doritos, and Chips Ahoy cookies. During the week I'm so good and I know it's good to have a cheat day (once per week not twice) so I'm looking for some easy snack ideas. I'm going to pick up some Quest Bars which are OK but better than Chips Ahoy. Looking for other snack ideas that won't crush my diet.
    I cheat meal or day? You shouldn't be cheating all day even once ew. Beef jerky, pre cooked chicken breast, greens, rice cakes, Ezekiel bread, Ezekiel cereal are just a few things you could bring camping
    NACH3 likes this.

  3. #3
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I cheat meal or day? You shouldn't be cheating all day even once ew. Beef jerky, pre cooked chicken breast, greens, rice cakes, Ezekiel bread, Ezekiel cereal are just a few things you could bring camping
    I had a cheat WEEKEND!!!!!! HAHA It was the first weekend and a ton of work so it wasn't like I was sitting around all weekend. I actually raked and spread 30 yards of crushed stone today AND went to the gym after. Just don't want to work this hard and have it go to waste over the weekend.

  4. #4
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I cheat meal or day? You shouldn't be cheating all day even once ew. Beef jerky, pre cooked chicken breast, greens, rice cakes, Ezekiel bread, Ezekiel cereal are just a few things you could bring camping
    Tbh I agree... I had maybe two cheat meals in about 4months... Like Bio said bring it w-you... Foid prep is a job in itself but it's so rewarding to see the results,,, come in Pistol you know this!

  5. #5
    djgreen's Avatar
    djgreen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    North Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,220
    almonds and nuts, trail mix, any fruit that you can carry, granola/oat bars, put peanut butter on anything or by its self,

  6. #6
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Also you could cook everything prior and rubber where it up - huh Bio?! Lol. Honestly the options are endless

  7. #7
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,316
    You said in your first post that you know it's good to have a cheat day once ew. I wouldn't do that. It should be a cheat meal once ew or maybe 2 times but I wouldn't have more then one.
    PistolPete33 likes this.

  8. #8
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,788
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Tbh I agree... I had maybe two cheat meals in about 4months... Like Bio said bring it w-you... Foid prep is a job in itself but it's so rewarding to see the results,,, come in Pistol you know this!
    I have so much discipline believe me. I eat well and train hard but I was TERRIBLE this weekend. Just need to hold myself accountable.

  9. #9
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I have so much discipline believe me. I eat well and train hard but I was TERRIBLE this weekend. Just need to hold myself accountable.
    Hey at least your coming and asking for help! My know you can eat well you get down to 10-12% right... Goal lower?! Just know you can and will conquer this it's only as strong as you let it to be...

  10. #10
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,468
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33
    So, I go camping on the weekends starting this past weekend and I do AWESOME all week long on my diet but come the weekend and now with camping it's way more difficult to stay on track. I'm not one to sit around and relax AT ALL but when I'm camping it's what it's mostly about. When I get bored I get hungry and this weekend I was pounding Soda, Doritos, and Chips Ahoy cookies. During the week I'm so good and I know it's good to have a cheat day (once per week not twice) so I'm looking for some easy snack ideas. I'm going to pick up some Quest Bars which are OK but better than Chips Ahoy. Looking for other snack ideas that won't crush my diet.
    Give up camping???? It is hazardous to your health

  11. #11
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,788
    I made a Protein Mug Brownie tonight and it was SOOOOO GOOD!!!!! A healthy snack that craves the sweet tooth before bed.

  12. #12
    pitweiler is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33
    I made a Protein Mug Brownie tonight and it was SOOOOO GOOD!!!!! A healthy snack that craves the sweet tooth before bed.
    Care to share the recipe

  13. #13
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,788
    Need weekend snack ideas.... UGH-brownie.png

    here you go. I got it from a post on here a long time ago.
    Duo likes this.

  14. #14
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    i recommend calorie free "*****"...never got me fat...LOL...
    NACH3 likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •