C3RB3RUS is offline Banned

Low Blood Sugar? Mine is between 73 and 80.

I'm trying to loose fat. is a blood sugar this low Hypoglycemic? I don't have diabetes, but i stay away from carbs these days. sometimes i'll have some honey, or a carby thing after a workout.
    is this unhealthy?

My blood sugar is between 73 and 80! is this a bad thing? what's it mean (other than the plain and obvious: i'm in a fasted state and i've not been eating much except protein and fat.) I'm sure i'm not in keto, though. it's just a really low carb diet.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Do u happen to test first thing in morning?

no. i tested about 3 hours ago. why do you ask?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I find sugar jumps around during day depending on what eat, when exercise. In a fasted state is more consistent over time.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    There is nothing wrong with those numbers, prob your norm.

Do you feel different?

Why were you checking it, diabetic, insulin ? Curiosity?

I feel good.

I want my blood sugar levels to be low when i use GHRP / GHRH. The device was for that. it's handy for other things.

Does monitoring Blood Glucose have a place within an AAS cycle?

I don't use insulin

-I'm learning a few things. i was reading this because i'm concerned about the effects of a diabetes like state that comes from insulin resistance

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/growth-hormon3-steroids-and-diabetes/ < change the spelling

http://www.el1t3fitness.com/forum/anabolic-steroids/insulin-sensitivity-aas-964893.html < change the spelling < I feel like this article is extremely informative to me.

I have a sedentary job, so i'm at a higher risk for insulin resistance/ aka pre diabetes. how do i fit this knowledge into a cycle?

how do i determine my insulin sensitivity? i think it's normal? im really ignorant on this topic

i think i can use this to make myself more insulin sensitive. eh at least i learned a 'little' something
    Last edited by C3RB3RUS; 05-12-2015 at 09:57 PM.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    That's a great blood glucose reading. Are you in the US? There they have an inflated sense of what healthy blood sugar levels are due to all the sugar consumption and obesity. But it is not hypoglycaemia. You can take the BG over the day, to see what your fasting levels are, and how quickly you return to baseline after eating (BG being still elevated 2 hours after eating a meal with carbs is one of the earlier signs of insulin resistance).

I saw that you are limiting carbs - that is probably what is responsible for your good readings - unless you are just genetically lucky, or there is some other explanation like taking something that would lower it (like stevia) or exercise, which also lowers it.

It is unlikely that you have any insulin resistance with BG like this. I would imagine your triglycerides are low as well. Do you have any info on your blood lipids? Is your blood pressure high? Are you overweight? These things would give you more info about developing insulin resistance.

well, before i started working out again I was around 16% body fat. highly sedentary and i drank loads of caffeine. i still drink tons of caffeine. last doc that took by Blood pressure said i was pre hypertensive. At that time, i ate a small bag of potato chips everyday. nothing was off the table. candy, pizza, doughnuts, ice cream, you name it. now i'm back to 14% and I've cut out nearly all carbs unless I've finished a work out. I eat a 1 - 2 cups of veggies a day again, and for the last 2 weeks I've been drinking a gallon of water a day, except on weekends/off days.

The best part about all that nastiness is that i was recognized at work and given an award. i was working a shit ton.

these were taken a great while ago. i think it's been 2 years now. This was taken before i took a year off from 'living right'

Bun 22 (7-24) mg/dl
    creat 1.00 (0.6-1.4) mg/dl
    na+ 139 (136-135) mmol/l
    k 3.9 (3.6-5.2) mmol/l
    cl- 103 (100-108) mmol/l
    hco3 30 (21-32) mmol/l
    ca 9.2 (8.5-10.1) mg/dl
    protein total 7.3 (6.4-8.2) g/dl
    albumin 3.8 (3.4-5.0) g/dl
    ast 23 (12-58) u/l
    alt 35 (12-78) units/l
    alt phos 103 (50-136) u/l
    tbili 0.3 (0.2-1.0) mg/dl
    anion gap 6.0 (5.0-15.0)
    gfr-naa 100.5 ml/min
    gfr-aa 116.2 ml/min

interpretations:
    >=60 ml/min/1.73m2 = normal or mildly decreased gfr
    30-59 ml/min/1.73m2 = moderately decreased gfr
    15-29 ml/min/1.73m2 = severely decreased gfr
    <15 ml/min/1.73m2 = kidney failure

estradiol 32 pg/ml
    referance range for males (11-44)

testos free 96.7 (35-155) pg/ml
    testos total 615 (250-1100) ng/dl

back when i posted this i was told my potassium was a little low and my sodium high. i've since been eating much more spinach, but am worried about the oxalates in spinach, so i take a calcium supp with my spinach now.

I'm going to get bloods done again. to prepare for an oncoming cycle
    Last edited by C3RB3RUS; 05-13-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Simple answer: that's great.

Thread Information