Thread: Carb cycle??

bina is offline Female Member

Carb cycle??

This is what I was thinking a carb cycle would look like

136lb at 24%bf it says my tdee is 1867 - 2105depending on my activity level but I based it off of 1867 calories.

Mod days

151.5 p = 606 cal
    45f = 405 cal
    124 c = 496 cal

1507 calories in all 360c below tdee

Light days

Same as above but only leafy greens

About 1,011 which is about 856 cal below

High days

151.5 p = 606 cal
    45f = 405 cal
    300c = 1200 cal

2,211 cal in all which is 300 above tdee

Does this look right?

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Low-carb, generally is only when you go below 100g. For me, personally I need to be below 60g for it to work. I generally just avoid carbs, except trace carbs on the low days.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What is the total estimated caloric deficit for the week? Look at it that way and then decide how high the carb days can be and how low moderate and low carb days need to be. 3500 calories is an estimated 1lb loss a week.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    Low-carb, generally is only when you go below 100g. For me, personally I need to be below 60g for it to work. I generally just avoid carbs, except trace carbs on the low days.
    Looks like I have been low carb already at about 80 carbs a day. I will jump this up starting Monday for the three days and then lower that number on the next three days after. Thank you for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima
    What is the total estimated caloric deficit for the week? Look at it that way and then decide how high the carb days can be and how low moderate and low carb days need to be. 3500 calories is an estimated 1lb loss a week.
    I don't add into my calorie count the calories I burn from my workouts. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to. I think dropping about 2,000 calories is what I'm going to try next week as an accumulated deficit. Does that seem reasonable?

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bina View Post
    I don't add into my calorie count the calories I burn from my workouts. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to. I think dropping about 2,000 calories is what I'm going to try next week as an accumulated deficit. Does that seem reasonable?
    Yes, that's a good steady rate if you haven't already factored in exercise to your TDEE, and you can always adjust.

Thread Information