Antmurray is offline New Member

Reverse diet post show into a 7 month bulk.

Whats up guys, my first bodybuilding competition is june 20th and after my show i plan on doing a proper reverse diet starting from 1500 calories, going up 100 calories a week and continuing this for close to 8 months as my " lean bulk " i want to keep body fat as low as possible and i figured going up 100 calories a week for the next 8 months would do be some justice, after calculating everything it takes me up to 6000 calories and after i hit 6000 and maintain for about 2 weeks i was going to start my 20 week cut into my next show, does that seem like it would work ? any advice is helpful. My goal is to get as much lean mass as possible and hold on to my abs while adding some weight.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    100 calories a week ???? 15 calories a day ?
    I don't think you will be putting much muscle on with that

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    100 calories a week ???? 15 calories a day ?
    I don't think you will be putting much muscle on with that

I mean you don't think that will help build up slow lean muscle ?

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    I think your numbers are out. 1500 to 6000 cals, equals 45 weeks at 100 cals a week.

Having given it some thought, it may work. Hit me up around Christmas.

What Is your starting weight ?

Like I said I made it work to where it is at 6000 calories. Certain weeks I'm gonna stay at the same amount etc. and I'm 195 right now 5 and a half weeks out from my show about 8.5% bf

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Antmurray View Post
    Like I said I made it work to where it is at 6000 calories. Certain weeks I'm gonna stay at the same amount etc. and I'm 195 right now 5 and a half weeks out from my show about 8.5% bf
    Seems a bit silly, if it took you to 1500 calories to get ripped then chances are your maintenance is never going to get above 3000-3500 even if the reverse dieting tactic holds true. So in other words after you've gotten above 4000 a day you'll start accumulating fat mass like crazy. Doesn't make sense.

IMO a much more optimal approach would be to add 100-200 calories every 4-5 days until you begin to gain weight, then If you're trying to lean bulk keep adding calories until you're steadily adding 1-4lb every months (depending on how advanced you are) and maintain that until you stall gaining weight, then slowly add some more calories until you're in that zone again.

Thread Information