Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jimmyinkedup

Thread: Why sugar after training?

BigMan65 is offline Associate Member

Why sugar after training?

milos sarcev talks about it as if it literally has a muscle building effect, if im understanding him correctly.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Yeah there was a time when it was felt that the insulin spike simple carbs consumed post workout would cause created an anabolic environment that would allow you to build more muscle. Literally an anabolic window was created by working out and creating an insulin spike and consuming simple carbs and protein would capitalize on it.
    It has since been discovered that it really does not make any difference and in my opinion nothing really justifies the intake of that much sugar at any point in time, even from a general overall health perspective.
    BigMan65 and MIKE_XXL like this.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I agree, there is nothing wrong with a refeed after training but what i recommend is the following, right after training BCAA 5 gm, 15 minutes later 1 scoop of why hydrolyzed or isolate and banana, 1 hour later whey isolate and oatmeal...and you re good to go...

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    I agree, there is nothing wrong with a refeed after training but what i recommend is the following, right after training BCAA 5 gm, 15 minutes later 1 scoop of why hydrolyzed or isolate and banana, 1 hour later whey isolate and oatmeal...and you re good to go...
    Sounds like an insulin protocol lol.

I had a debate with my lecturer about this, and he provided a significant amount of recent evidence that there may be some small benefits to ingesting protein and carbs immediately post workout, but minor at best.

The benefit comes from obviously consuming protein to increase muscle protein synthesis but also the carbohydrates decrease the rate of muscle protein breakdown. Together having a better effect than either of them alone.

Just let me reiterate, the effects are at best minor.

Thread Information