Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MIKE_XXL

Thread: Looking for sustainable diet

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member

Looking for sustainable diet

I'm 33 6', 250 roughly 28% bf. I got sick two years ago and really let myself go, got depressed drinking too many beers etc. currently can't do any training due to muscle and body fatigue and at times intense neuropathy. So slimming down is going to rely strictly on diet until I'm able to hit the gym again. I was able to work out lifting weights on and off for the last two years but cardio is almost impossible can't feel my feet. I'm looking for advice on a diet and plan along with what supplements to take to slim back down. I'm also going to be starting trt within the next month but want to lose some weight before I start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Btw I work sometimes days sometimes at night so planning will be key. I eat only organic food at home my problem comes from when I don't eat at home or drink too many beers. Thanks guys.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    First things first mate, give up the drink, you'll be amazed at how much weight will drop off if you give up, try it for a month and see. Don't adjust anything else, carry on eating as you are, just drop all alcohol.

bignath4607 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320
    First things first mate, give up the drink, you'll be amazed at how much weight will drop off if you give up, try it for a month and see. Don't adjust anything else, carry on eating as you are, just drop all alcohol.
    Good shout pal worth a mentio op that alcohol promotes estrogen in men so another good reason to keep off it

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Quote Originally Posted by bignath4607
    Good shout pal worth a mentio op that alcohol promotes estrogen in men so another good reason to keep off it Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    That's another one hit wonder we won't see again ....

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    No everyone wants to or is a hard core BBer...For me sustainable diet is the following, i eat extremely clean monday to friday, on saturday i eat very clean until 6pm and same on Sunday, after 6 pm on both days i BBQ, drink few beers, sometimes even party like i am in my 20s... :-) eat pizza, ice cream and chocolate bars by boxes...the physique you see in my avatar, which is far from the best on here, is afforded by such diet...i have family, kids, business, work and gym, and i aint all that young anymore, i need time to relax and enjoy life for little things in it, i can still diet hard core if i must for 12-14 weeks at a time but the rest of the year i am living a little...i live my competitive spirit through successes of my clients now and passing on my knowledge...i would say bring down your BF to low teaans and then live a little bit at a time and you can have a decent physique and thats my advice to you...
    NACH3 likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Welcome!

Everyone has given you some great advice!

Have you ever had your hormones checked out? Are you a diabetic? Just asking these questions because you mentioned neuropathy in your legs. Can you elaborate on this some? Why so fatigued?

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    Welcome! Everyone has given you some great advice! Have you ever had your hormones checked out? Are you a diabetic? Just asking these questions because you mentioned neuropathy in your legs. Can you elaborate on this some? Why so fatigued?
    Not diabetic I have cidp which is immune related. The fatigue can be attributed to my condition. along with the medication. Getting hormones all checked out now at a hrt clinic should have results this week.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdil511
    Not diabetic I have cidp which is immune related. The fatigue can be attributed to my condition. along with the medication. Getting hormones all checked out now at a hrt clinic should have results this week.
    Had to research that one.

Are you currently working with a physical therapist?

fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    Easy tips to help you along:

Do not under any circumstances drink your calories. Your body does not register 100 calories of beer the same way it registers 100 calories of chicken or broccoli.

Before every meal drink about 16 ounces of water (two cups) and a cup of vegetables. This will fill you up and precent you from consuming to many calories due to over eating. Plus you'll never be hungry.

And keep in mind through this whole process that everyone in your life not only wants you to, but needs you to succeed. You are valuable to people and they want you to have a long healthy life.

Sorry if it looks like I got sappy lol.

Thread Information