Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RaginCajun

Thread: Help needed

swbaggies is offline New Member

Help needed

Guys/Gals

Apols for the long mail but i wan to make sure i get this right.

Stats
    Age. 35
    BF. attached pic
    Weight 71kg
    height. 178cm

Lift 5 days a week...

Current Diet on average

morning
    protein shake

dinner
    Rice, sweetcorn, meat (pork or chicken)

night
    portion of meat, either chicken or pork

throughout the day... apple, orange, watermelon and mango

after workout, shake... also take 10g glutamin with each shake

I KNOW i am not eating enough i just dont know what or how to eat if that makes sense..

I am Thai so Rice is a staple of my diet and its white.

Goals.
    I recently lost 12kg in weight and went down 5%bf, using the same scales. What i want to do is put weight back on but in muscle whilst reducing my bf to around 10%. I have set myself a goal of around 8 weeks, is this realistic? id like to know what to add to my diet and what to tweek. I was going to try steroids but im determined to try and sort diet first. I dont really want to bulk to much but happy to go up a few kilos if it means muscle and reduced bf

I supppose i cant get my heead round eating more means less bf AND more muscle.

If need to know anything else id be well happy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help needed-2015-05-13-11.16.10.jpg   Help needed-2015-05-10-14.42.32.jpg  

in relation to previous post

ive worked out from an online calculator my tdee is 2212 and bmr is 1609, i have not a clue what the difference is. i dont really understand any of this guys. Should i be taking on board more or less than this for the goals ive stated and if so is that in relation to the tdee? ive also seen that my macros should be 50/30/20, does this sound right? any help would be appreciated

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    first of all, welcome!

8 weeks may be doable but it looks like you do not even know how much you are eating

building more muscle will ultimately help in reducing bodyfat

what i would like you to do is count everything above (macro wise and cals), so you can actually see how much you are eating. let's start there, then we can tweak it. an app i use to track everything is myfitnesspal, it is the tits!

also, what kind of training are you doing? i recommend you read this thread, and start training hardcore! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-l...s-diary**.html
    Khazima likes this.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by swbaggies View Post
    Guys/Gals

Apols for the long mail but i wan to make sure i get this right.

Stats
    Age. 35
    BF. attached pic
    Weight 71kg
    height. 178cm

Lift 5 days a week...

Current Diet on average

morning
    protein shake
    Whey is fine when you first wake up to get you growing/gaining again but there needs to be a real meal right after this Eggs and oats is a classic mass meal (8 egg whites 1 egg yolk)
    dinner
    Rice, sweetcorn, meat (pork or chicken)
    Rice...eh....corn....eh..... Meat... yes more of it. Keep the carbs up and double the protein/fat in this meal

night
    portion of meat, either chicken or pork

throughout the day... apple, orange, watermelon and mango
    fruit is good for you but its not really bodybuilding food. Every time you eat fruit eat 1/4 cup of almonds, or peanuts

after workout, shake... also take 10g glutamin with each shake
    shakes are ok post work out. But you need real food here as well. Real food has something called "thermic value" your body uses energy to digest it.

I KNOW i am not eating enough i just dont know what or how to eat if that makes sense..

I am Thai so Rice is a staple of my diet and its white.

Goals.
    I recently lost 12kg in weight and went down 5%bf, using the same scales. What i want to do is put weight back on but in muscle whilst reducing my bf to around 10%. I have set myself a goal of around 8 weeks, is this realistic? id like to know what to add to my diet and what to tweek. I was going to try steroids but im determined to try and sort diet first. I dont really want to bulk to much but happy to go up a few kilos if it means muscle and reduced bf

I supppose i cant get my heead round eating more means less bf AND more muscle.

If need to know anything else id be well happy.
    Putting on muscle almost always comes with some fat gain but with your build and genetics It should be easy to get rid of the fat once you've added some muscle to your frame

RC also said what i was thinking... this doesn't look like a meal plan... Try tracking everything you eat for 3 days and posting it in here. Portion sizes included....also macro's if possible. TDEE means maintenance calories. If you want to add mass you need to eat above that number 500 calories above is a good start.

Hope this helps

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just to reiterate what's already been said, get the app 'myfitnesspal' and track what you're eating, once you're used to it it's really simple. When you get the app, set your goals to maintain your weight. Then eat like that for a few weeks (worry more about how much you're eating than what you're eating, your diet seems fine). See how much weight you gain/lose and we can adjust from there.

I'd recommend gaining some weight first since you're already pretty lean, aim to add half a kilo every two weeks or so. Then when you're say 80kg cut back down to 75 or 70 and you'll look a lot better.

Guts
    Thanks for the replies sorry for the delay in thanking you all ive been off line for a couple days.
    Ive been to see the Personal Trainer at the gym i use and this is the food plan he gave me to try based on the foods i like etc.
    I havent started yet and DO plan on using the app you all suggested but what do you think of the following as a first diet? The days are pretty similar but the content nutriten wise is fairly similar so ive posted only the one day to keep it short.

meal one
    porridge (oatmeal)
    1 apple
    whey shake

meal two (main meal)
    pork
    rice
    sweetcorn

meal 3
    shake with 2 eggs included (i struggle to eat eggs so best way for me to take them)
    chicken breast

meal 4
    chicken
    pasta
    corn

meal 5
    porridge
    banana

The second whey shake i will include in the meal after my workout

the stats are as follows
    calories 2192
    protein 240g
    fat 78g
    carbs 190g

so i think the split is roughly right.

Thanks for your help

Actually looks like a pretty solid meal plan tbh, maybe a little heavy on the protein but all in all a solid meal plan (which is uncommon from the personal trainer at the gym haha).

I could see it getting very tedious to eat those same things every day though.

My pt also suggested i suppliment with I_carnitine. Is this any good?

Quote Originally Posted by swbaggies View Post
    My pt also suggested i suppliment with I_carnitine. Is this any good?
    Nothing special, give it a try if it's not putting you out of pocket and see if you find any benefit.

Thread Information