Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By --->>405<<---

Thread: Diet ok or???

sixx is offline Junior Member

Diet ok or???

Wondering if this is ok or needs some changing up?
    Some quick stats
    5"11 , 85kg , about 12% bf
    Training 6 days a week

Meal 1: protein shake

Meal 2: 100 gram chicken, can of tuna

Meal 3: 3 eggs, strip of bacon

Meal 4: protein shake

Meal 5: 200g chicken, 160g brown rice, teaspoon of peanut butter

Meal 6: (after workout) protein shake, couple natural snakes lollies

Meal 7: 220g steak, 160 g sweet potato, teaspoon of peanut butter

Meal 8: protein shake

If I get hungry I'll have a few scoops of Greek yoghurt

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What are your goals and what are the macro's for that diet?

Are the weights cooked or uncooked?

What results is it giving you?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Haha wrote this at work was in a rush , it's a clean bulk ,, adds up to about 4-5k cals,, high protein low carb::: hoping to not put on shiploads of fat

Gotta eat carbs man. That's your body's main source for energy. Eating low carbs on a bulk is kind of pointless if you ask me. Depending on how low is low. Low carb generally means 100 grams or less. If your eating around that don't expect to see any size. Don't go crazy on carbs but adjust them higher to the point where your gaining about 1/2 pound or around a week.

Wintermaul is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixx
    Wondering if this is ok or needs some changing up? Some quick stats 5"11 , 85kg , about 12% bf Training 6 days a week Meal 1: protein shake Meal 2: 100 gram chicken, can of tuna Meal 3: 3 eggs, strip of bacon Meal 4: protein shake Meal 5: 200g chicken, 160g brown rice, teaspoon of peanut butter Meal 6: (after workout) protein shake, couple natural snakes lollies Meal 7: 220g steak, 160 g sweet potato, teaspoon of peanut butter Meal 8: protein shake If I get hungry I'll have a few scoops of Greek yoghurt
    A fast overview and i think its way too much protein and to little fat and way to little carbs. How do yoy coop with low carbs? Ill get very tired..

Yeah it is around 100g carbs , forgot to add I have green veggies with the meals too and atleast 3 litres water ... haha yeah i sometimes feel like shit , but every time I up my carbs i balloon... Also getting bloat from somewhere , I can't pin point where? ,, been messing with diet for a while and still no change ? Changed supps around... I'm stumped

You may as well be cutting brother! I suggest going to iifym.com and doing a little research as to where your proteins, fats, and carbs need to be. Tdee calculator is where you need to be on iifym

What are the protein and fat macro's?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Yeah mate I did actually do that , but i guess I'm experimenting with my diet at the moment , and yeah i guess it is a cut but I'm trying to add solid weight slowly , while losing bodyfat ... And try rid this bloat

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Maybe you are allergic to something in the protein powder.

Back in black that's a sickkkkkk name !!! Fat would be around 90g -120g ... Protein 300-350 g

Raging I was thinking that,, changed protein brands and powders heaps

Well, you are nowhere near 4000cals let alone 5000. At the top of those ranges plus 100g carbs you are shy of 3000cals. Cut or bulk but recomps take a long time and you need either

The patience of a saint or

The right cycle

Either way you need the right amount if cals and macro split. I think your protein is waaaaay too high.

Can you explain this 'bloat' maybe post a pic so we can see it? Carbs by their nature make your muscles hold more fluid more evident when you have been low carbing for a while.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If I remember correctly the rule of thumb for Protein intake is 1.5x LBM, you are looking at 246g Max protein, everything else is just hard on your liver and kidneys and gets pissed out.
    Pretty sure there is even some good reading on this topic in the diet section where Gbrice (a diet guru) is adamant that anything more than 1g/lbs of LBM is a waste. Meaning 165g is sufficient.
    I am just basing this of memory, I could be wrong with the numbers but I am 100% sure too much protein is going to hurt more then help you.

Back in black your fully right, I was going by what I started this carb cycle by , first 2 weeks I was at about 200g carbs , then cut down to 150g, then 100g,, have a carb up day... Check out jim stoppanis shortcut to shred it's along those lines, it worked really well a year or so ago so I tried it again .. But changed the diet up a bit .. As in with the protein being so high .., I'm trying to follow my body and it feels like it wants it ,, always craving meat or a protein shake

When I started this program also I was at about 87kg

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Glad to see you over here. You are definitely on the right track now and I'm sure these guys will help you out.

Dont worry about me jumping in on you post much, diet is not my strong spot. I mostly read here and dont advise.

Haha sweet as lovbyts

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sixx View Post
    Back in black that's a sickkkkkk name !!! Fat would be around 90g -120g ... Protein 300-350 g
    Quote Originally Posted by sixx View Post
    Back in black your fully right, I was going by what I started this carb cycle by , first 2 weeks I was at about 200g carbs , then cut down to 150g, then 100g,, have a carb up day... Check out jim stoppanis shortcut to shred it's along those lines, it worked really well a year or so ago so I tried it again .. But changed the diet up a bit .. As in with the protein being so high .., I'm trying to follow my body and it feels like it wants it ,, always craving meat or a protein shake
    even at 120g fat
    350g pro
    200g carbs
    3280cals

5000cals would look more like
    350g pro
    630g carb
    120g fat

something is missing here
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    How does your body respond to carbs? I eat a shit load of carbs(300g + daily or more - higher on refeed days too) high P, and low F(sometimes I don't get to 60g)....

This has worked the best for myself(and if your trying to bulk cleanly) I think higher carbs high protein and less F is crucial to gaining quality gains while losing bf on a bulk! If your diet is dialed in right then this will yield great results(unless your body doesn't respond) but this is pretty typical of a clean bulk!

Are you very active? If so you need carbs....

trn123 is offline New Member
    I've always struggled with gaining weight, I'm 6'3, 24, and I'm on the low end of BF%. I went from 139-162 in around 9 months (Naturally of course) using a ratio of 50% carb 20% fat and 30% protein. I've still been keeping my body fat low as you can see in pictures on the Steroid Q&A section. What works for me might not work for you though.

405 i was at that I'm not trying to scam ya or nothing ya paranoid cat, as I said I've slowly tapered down, using ss template ,,, I'm experimenting with my body, I tried extremely high protein and carbs, then pulled them down, dropped carbs even more and increased fat for energy... And too be honest it's worked well for me .. My body bloats up on heaps of carbs .. And someone said before you can get by on 160g protein (or some low figure can't remember) and I'm starting to agree with this.. I'm also dropping protein drinks because I think the artificial flavours/colours are ****ing with me ., I'm starting to think that protein drinks aren't as good as they say.. Nothin beats food

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^^ okay dude, just going by what u said. was trying to help.. good luck

Hahah Chears bro

Thread Information