dep30 is offline Associate Member

gonna give intermittent fasting a try

I've did everything when it comes to diet pretty much. I've did low carb, counting calories, and carb cycling (best results) thus far. When I didn't have kids or just had one kid these diets were easy to manage but with two kids it gets rather hectic trying to juggle schedules and maintain a proper diet... This seems like it may work out for me and be a bit more friendly to my schedule. Ive never been high b.f. but atm I'm the highest I've been in over 5 years I'm roughly 15% give or take a %. I'm going to start at maintenance calories with approximately 300 grams protein and 300-400 grams of carbs a day. My tdee is 3200 atm and I'm going to start there and try to reduce it by 100 every week. I have a cruise vacation planned in a couple months so I'm going to see how good this works for me. I'm gonna attach a current pic well last week but my most current selfie, and track my progress for the next 7-8 weeks

Current stats:
    6'
    15% b.f.

gonna give intermittent fasting a try-forumrunner_20150515_120620.jpg

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i do intermittent fasting and love it! my eating window is normally 1230p - 830p, roughly

i normally do it about 5-6 days a week. love the feeling of being full after i eat instead of hungry every few hours.

look forward to your progress

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    you should loose weight but being hungry sucks

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck man I'm interested to see how it works for ya. Following this thread

Quote Originally Posted by djgreen View Post
    you should loose weight but being hungry sucks
    I started today and by lunch when I broke my fast I was hungry a.f. but it was manageable! It was only the first day tho we will see how it goes!
    Last edited by dep30; 05-15-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dep30 View Post
    I started today and by much when I broke my fast I was hungry a.f. but it was manageable! It was only the first day tho we will see how it goes!
    BCAAs and coffee/tea will be your best friends!

takes about a week or so for your hormones to level out and get use to the fasting.

just start out by going as long as you can and it will get easier.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post

BCAAs and coffee/tea will be your best friends!

takes about a week or so for your hormones to level out and get use to the fasting.

just start out by going as long as you can and it will get easier.
    Will do thanks for the advice! This is new to me so any advice is appreciated

here is what i do.

get up, down a glass of BCAAs and water.

then, i either hit the gym/cardio/or rest.

make some coffee and have it black with a splenda.

from there on, i sip on BCAAs until my first meal, which is normally about lunch time. i eat a big lunch and it normally will keep me full until about 4 o clock. i then have another meal or snack around then. supper, i will fill out the rest of my macros and engulf myself with food!

That's kinda what my plan is but I have to gym in the afternoon around 5

Quote Originally Posted by dep30
    That's kinda what my plan is but I have to gym in the afternoon around 5
    Sometimes I workout both in the morning and in the evening. All depends on my schedule

Wintermaul is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    here is what i do. get up, down a glass of BCAAs and water. then, i either hit the gym/cardio/or rest. make some coffee and have it black with a splenda. from there on, i sip on BCAAs until my first meal, which is normally about lunch time. i eat a big lunch and it normally will keep me full until about 4 o clock. i then have another meal or snack around then. supper, i will fill out the rest of my macros and engulf myself with food!
    how many kcals you at on a day? If you only got two meals and a snack there must be some heavy meals!

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermaul
    how many kcals you at on a day? If you only got two meals and a snack there must be some heavy meals!
    My meal sometimes consist of 1200 cals or so. I make sure lunch is the bulk of my cals

I found my calipers and checked my b.f. and it's 15.5%. this will give an accurate fat loss measurement as I go forward
    Last edited by dep30; 05-18-2015 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dep30
    I found my calipers and checked my b.f. and it's 15.5%. this will give an accurate fat loss measurement ad I go forward
    You sound motivated!

Time to grind!

Yes I am! I know it's only been a weekend.. and I've not really eaten clean but I have keep my calories at maintenance or under and I can already tell a Lil difference this am... Let's hope it continues! Also btw I am also taking hgh frag 191-176 to aid in fat loss. I have taken clen and t3 b4 but I will never use it again. It's just too harsh and I like to feel good

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    personally i love IF. i just eat my first meal around 1330 and then stop eating when i go to bed whenever that is. it is a great tool for managing cals esp when eating at a deficit while still being able to have larger meals which i love.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    I prettty much IF, not really any time scale or rules etc.........just love eating big meals when im relaxing in the evening!

good luck!

405! long time no speak, hows things?

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    I prettty much IF, not really any time scale or rules etc.........just love eating big meals when im relaxing in the evening!

good luck!

405! long time no speak, hows things?
    hey man. things are awesome! good to see ur still around.

ill be trying to hang around a bit more here i think now..

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    hey man. things are awesome! good to see ur still around.

ill be trying to hang around a bit more here i think now..
    Good man! glad its going well..........i haven't been around myself, apart from the odd post but hoping to step it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    personally i love IF. i just eat my first meal around 1330 and then stop eating when i go to bed whenever that is. it is a great tool for managing cals esp when eating at a deficit while still being able to have larger meals which i love.
    He's alive!

Glad to see us back bud!

I feel the same way about the big meals!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    He's alive!

Glad to see us back bud!

I feel the same way about the big meals!
    glad to be back around a bit!

big meals: gotta have em. one of my faves now is pound chikn breast sauteed with taco seasoning and a kg of squash.. only like 600cals.. and a 3 pound meal

Haven't seen u around in a while bro hope all is well and good in the Sav. I'm liking this method of dieting so far I've been doing it for several days and can already tell a difference in the mirror! I'm trying to stay close to maint calories for the first week then drop it by 100 a week for about 6-7 weeks if these first few days are any indication I think I'll b looking ok by vacation time

Haven't seen u around in a while bro hope all is well and good in the Sav. I'm liking this method of dieting so far I've been doing it for several days and can already tell a difference in the mirror! I'm trying to stay close to maint calories for the first week then drop it by 100 a week for about 6-7 weeks if these first few days are any indication I think I'll b looking ok by vacation time
    haha thx man things are great in the SAV!

bold is a great way to cut.. how i do it. u could drop cals in the form of carbs first by 30g per week and then every 3 weeks drop ur fat by 10g.. and then repeat.

haha thx man things are great in the SAV!

bold is a great way to cut.. how i do it. u could drop cals in the form of carbs first by 30g per week and then every 3 weeks drop ur fat by 10g.. and then repeat.
    Sounds good man I'll have to give it a try

Sounds good man I'll have to give it a try
    dont know if ur doing cardio but u would wanna increase ur cardio the same way. i start at 300cals x 2 per week and eventually end up at 450cals x 5-6 per week. ive personally found tracking cals works better for me than time spent..

dont know if ur doing cardio but u would wanna increase ur cardio the same way. i start at 300cals x 2 per week and eventually end up at 450cals x 5-6 per week. ive personally found tracking cals works better for me than time spent..
    I been doing cardio fasted 3x's a week at 200 calories and doing some circuit training with abs mixed in.. so I'm prolly close to 300 maybe a Lil more. I'm gonna have to get up earlier and more often looks like to get 450 calories and 5 days a week haha! Preciate Ur advice Bro!

I been doing cardio fasted 3x's a week at 200 calories and doing some circuit training with abs mixed in.. so I'm prolly close to 300 maybe a Lil more. I'm gonna have to get up earlier and more often looks like to get 450 calories and 5 days a week haha! Preciate Ur advice Bro!
    yea roger that there buddy.. personally i havent noticed any diff between fasted and fed cardio for what its worth.. other than i can perform better when doing it fed

yea roger that there buddy.. personally i havent noticed any diff between fasted and fed cardio for what its worth.. other than i can perform better when doing it fed
    Me too I just try to not spend all after noon at the gym. Gotta get in that quality time with my kids! We need more hours in the day bro!

Me too I just try to not spend all after noon at the gym. Gotta get in that quality time with my kids! We need more hours in the day bro!
    with u there man! i guess im lucky i usually get a long lunch and do my cardio pwo.. i remember the am fasted cardio days though.. i remember how good i felt on the way to work at 0600 after doing 40mins cardio.. it wasnt fun at 0430 though

Ok I broke out my calipers after one week of I.f. and I'm down from around 15.5 to 14.5 b.f. and on the scale I was 214. so far I've just stayed around maintenance calories and pretty much ate whatever I wanted, however on heavy training days like legs and chest I do get more carbs in and restrict carbs on light training days or off days. I have been doing cardio a few times a week and my gym sessions are pretty intense in the afternoons. I'm not trying to get contest ready but would like to be in the 10-11 % b.f. range in 7 weeks which seems very possible at this point
    Last edited by dep30; 05-22-2015 at 06:40 AM.

Thread Information