Ryan624 is offline Associate Member

check my diet out.. too much protein powder?

ok so im currently running a 500 test e cycle. trying to gain but not end up looking like 99 percent of the puffy bastards in my gym. also as far as meats go i only eat chicken . no cow no pigs. I also am doing a carb back load so that explains my lack of carbs in the a.m.. my workouts are full of intensity and energy without carbs . strength increasing everytime i get in the gym.

morning black coffee

about 2 hours after waking i have 6 eggs and cheese omlette

an hour or so later i have cottage cheese with some blueberrys.

pre workout powder pre lift

post workout - plain bagel with natural strawberry jam and 50 grams of whey (5 grams creatine) in water

hour later - 1 cup white rice 1 cup chicken and some brocoli'

2-3 hours later another omlette with 6 to 8 eggs and baked potato

2 hours later protein shake with 50 grams whey, banana, 2 tbs peanut butter and 2 cups milk

before bed 1/2 cup to full cup cottage cheese and sliced apple

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    too vague. do you even know how much you are eating?

what is your tdee and maintenance cals?

what is your BF percentage? height/weight?

im taking in AROUND 3000 CALORIES GIVE OR TAKE . 200-250 GRAMS OF PROTEIN. . MY MAINTANANCE IS 2400. IM 5 '10. 179LBS. 15% BF. SORRY FOR CAPS COMP. IS CRAZY

some days when mostly on leg days ill throw in a cheat meal like pizza or sopmething and go above and beyond around 4,000cals

trn123 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan624
    im taking in AROUND 3000 CALORIES GIVE OR TAKE . 200-250 GRAMS OF PROTEIN. . MY MAINTANANCE IS 2400. IM 5 '10. 179LBS. 15% BF. SORRY FOR CAPS COMP. IS CRAZY
    Personally I think if you're trying to build mass you need to up your total calories per day. I don't know your age, but I calculated as 25, and you TDEE was 2,726. For bulking I'd say you want start with at least 3.2k calories daily. If your weight stalls, add more calories.

My 3.1k calories looks like this and it's been working for me, your body is different though. (I'm taller, less weight, and lower body fat)

388 carb 233 protein 70 fat

ok much appreciated. is 100 grams of whey protein throughout the day too much?

and im 28

trn123 is offline New Member
    I wouldn't say 100 grams is too much. I personally prefer to eat my protein rather than drink it. Takes more preparation though.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    to answer ur original question, no i dont think 100g protein powder is too much. personally i dont use it, and havent for a few years cuz i enjoy food too much!

how long u been on cycle? what results are u getting thus far?

for me, gaining muscle is a pretty slow process. ive got my body figd out now where i dont really have to plug in food choices anymore into mfp or another similar app.

you know ur body better than anyone, and depending how long u have been doing this may still not quite be there yet. the best advice i can give u regarding figuring out what works for u is experimentation and time. cals in vs cals out dictates weight loss versus weight gain. just be sure to have adequate protein and experiment with ur other 2 macro ratios..

personally ive found a balanced diet to be best for me. when i want to lean out ill just slowly increase my cardio and substitute starch for veggies in one of my meals and be patient.. i also eat 4meals per day when maintaining.. when i wanna cut i immediately drop breakfast and dont eat until PWO. it works for me.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Thread Information