Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New Diet for 2015

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

New Diet for 2015

Hello all, it's been a long time since I have been active on the board and a lot has changed over the years, one being i'm no longer the picture of health I once was. Anyway, i'm done with not feeling well bla bla bla...

6'0 260lbs - That's crazy to type..but oh well..it is what it is..looking to get back into shape so this diet needs to be solid. based on my current stats and using the following formulas, my needs should be:

If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

66 + 6.23 x 260 (1619) + 12.7 x 72 (914.4) - 6.8 x 35 (238) = 2361.4kCals

So 2,361kCals is my caloric needs to maintain weight (getting old sucks, I miss the old days of 2600+ to maintain.)

Now seeing as I need to lose weight, generally in the past I would drop kCals by 300-400 to start then drop as needed to adjust. I am thinking 2200ish to start?

Any good foods out there I am unaware of? Let me know, Kale is something I enjoy so I have added that in here, my first draft of a diet plan is

Wakeup

Water and Glutamine, Coffee perhaps (no sugar)

Training:

Weights/30m Cardio

Meal 1 (PWO):

ON Whey Protein w/ Dextrose - 417kCals 0.8g Fat 68.7g Carb 34.5g Pro

Meal 2 (PPWO):

7oz Chicken w/ 1/2c White Rice - 490kCals 5.2g Fat 62g Carb 44.5g Pro

Meal 3:

Tuna w/ 1Tbsp Flax - 275kCals 16.5g Fat 0g Carb 32.5g Pro

Meal 4:

7oz Chicken w/ 1oz Almonds, Kale or a Fiberous green veggie - 370kCals 19.3g Fat 6g Carb 44.5g Pro

Meal 5:

ON Whey Protein w/ 1Tbsp Flax - 345kCals 15g Fat 2g Carb 46g Pro

Meal 6:

1.5c Egg Whites w/ Spinach, 1Tbsp Flax - 323kCals 14g Fat 7.9g Carb 39.8g Pro

2,220kCals 70.8g Fat 146.6g Carb 241.8g Pro

29% Fats 26% Carbs 44% Pro

That's a start, now get at it you pros, tear it apart
    ***No source checks!!!***

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Dude I wouldn't start that low. As soon as your weight loss stagnates you don't have much to play with. Do you really want to end up at 1500cals a day?

What is your plan for lifting and cardio, 7 days a week?

Any idea of your bodyfat %?
    Last edited by Back In Black; 01-15-2015 at 04:16 PM.
    almostgone likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you could find a better use of cals then dextrose, maybe some fruit, get the sugar in whole food instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Dude I wouldn't start that low. As soon as your weight loss stagnates you don't have much to play with. Do you really want to end up at 1500cals a day?

What is your plan for lifting and cardio, 7 days a week?

Any idea of your bodyfat %?
    I knew that was coming because I thought the same. I used Dextrose to great success in the past, an alternative would be Oats.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to use it with my creatine back in the day.

I hope I still have some knowledge in the noodle from the past but we all know what worked before doesn't always work the same in the present. here I will break down the various sources of proteins, carbs, fats and fibrous veggies I will be using

Proteins: Whey, Chicken, Fish (Salmon, Tilapia), Steak (loins, london broil), Tuna, Egg Whites, Fat Free Cottage Cheese

Carbs: Dextrose, Oats, Rice, Sweet Potatoes

Fats: Flax, Coconut Oil, Fish Oil, Almonds, Natty PB, Olive Oil May (Just saw this tonight and picked some up, looks ok having the poly and mono fats and no sat)

Fibrous Veggies: Broccoli, Kale, Spinach, Brussel Sprouts, Asparagus

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Don't do your head in over the foods you're eating, just eat well and hit your caloric goals. I agree with BIB and say maintain for a little and start at 2400 for a week or two, then incorporate cardio sessions, 2 a week, then next week take 100-200 calories, next week add another cardio session, next week take 100-200 calories, when you're comfortably losing 1-2lb per week sit at that until you stagnate.
    spywizard likes this.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Good to see you back mate!......

Def up the calories, im cutting on 2250 at the min and im only 5.6.....

Good luck!.....you should start a log for support and be accountable! ha

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Nothing wrong with your food choices mate but having a rough idea of your bodyfat would help. 1.5g of protein per lb of lean body weight. 0.5g fat per lb of lean bodyweight and the remainder in carbs. That'll be a good start but Id be looking closer to 2800-2900 to start especially if you are doing regular cardio from the off and coming back after a layoff.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
    Hello all, it's been a long time since I have been active on the board and a lot has changed over the years, one being i'm no longer the picture of health I once was. Anyway, i'm done with not feeling well bla bla bla...
    Welcome back brother!

6'0 260lbs - That's crazy to type..but oh well..it is what it is..looking to get back into shape so this diet needs to be solid. based on my current stats and using the following formulas, my needs should be:

If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

66 + 6.23 x 260 (1619) + 12.7 x 72 (914.4) - 6.8 x 35 (238) = 2361.4kCals

So 2,361kCals is my caloric needs to maintain weight (getting old sucks, I miss the old days of 2600+ to maintain.)

Now seeing as I need to lose weight, generally in the past I would drop kCals by 300-400 to start then drop as needed to adjust. I am thinking 2200ish to start?
    Personally, I think that's a perfect starting point. We're looking to reduce bodyfat/weight here ... people almost overestimate the amount of calories they actually need. If calories turn out to be too low, I'd rather start lower and at least make some progress, slowly taper up if I have to, vs. wasting time eating too much, not seeing results, and getting frustrated.

Any good foods out there I am unaware of? Let me know, Kale is something I enjoy so I have added that in here, my first draft of a diet plan is

Wakeup

Water and Glutamine, Coffee perhaps (no sugar)

Training:

Weights/30m Cardio

Meal 1 (PWO):

ON Whey Protein w/ Dextrose - 417kCals 0.8g Fat 68.7g Carb 34.5g Pro
    I understand why you're doing it, but I would ditch the Dextrose. In no way, shape, or form is that going to help you achieve your primary goal. Don't worry about maintaining muscle mass - there are far better (not to mention satiating) options - you mentioned oats; that'd be my choice.

Secondly - seeing as you're training fasted (for the most part), I'd at the very least go with a protein blend here vs. whey (again, I get the whey/dextrose fast acting bla bla bla ... personally I think it's overhyped, and the supposed benefits aren't worth it), even better would be some real food if possible.

Re: fasted training ... note my comments on your last meal.

Meal 2 (PPWO):

Meal 3:

Meal 4:

7oz Chicken w/ 1oz Almonds, Kale or a Fiberous green veggie - 370kCals 19.3g Fat 6g Carb 44.5g Pro

Meal 5:

Again, I'd personally opt for a protein blend if you're going with a shake here.

Meal 6:

2,220kCals 70.8g Fat 146.6g Carb 241.8g Pro

29% Fats 26% Carbs 44% Pro

That's a start, now get at it you pros, tear it apart
    Essentially, your pre-workout meal is you last meal from the evening prior. If possible, I'd go with something with a bit more 'sustenance', not to mention satiating: beef, pork, chicken, etc. If you're going to stick with the eggs, at least eat whole eggs and drop the flax here. You can buy omega-3 eggs if you really feel it matters to you.

FYI - there's really nothing "wrong" here, I'm just making minor critiques that may help you train a bit more intensely, and may make your diet a bit more doable. Bottom line is you already know what to do - eat right, train, and rest - and do all 3 consistently - you'll be back in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Nothing wrong with your food choices mate but having a rough idea of your bodyfat would help. 1.5g of protein per lb of lean body weight. 0.5g fat per lb of lean bodyweight and the remainder in carbs. That'll be a good start but Id be looking closer to 2800-2900 to start especially if you are doing regular cardio from the off and coming back after a layoff.
    BF is through the roof, I have love handles if that helps. lol

From the start I was going to start a regular routine but the key is the intensity will be way way down. I'll be honest, it will be pathetic at first.

Mon - Legs/Cardio
    Tuesday - Chest/Tris/Abs/Cardio
    Wed - Cardio Only
    Thursday - Shoulders/Abs/Cardio
    Fri - Back/Cardio
    Sat - Bi's/Abs/Cardio

Again, intensity is just not going to be there at first. I want to shoot for anywhere between 2-2.5lbs per week. For instance as the intensity creeps up and leg workouts turn into good leg days then I would remove cardio there.

I know it is important to slowly get my body back into a routine but for me I find intensity is the key. The first few weeks will literally be focused on getting a good stretch under light loads. If I were to go back in there and tear it up, puke all over the place...besides being in pain for a week I would be more likely to say "fuuu this".

My profession is one of the laziest in that I sit in my office for the day then when I study, I am sitting in my home office. Got to eat right and get my arsch moving.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Welcome back brother!

Personally, I think that's a perfect starting point. We're looking to reduce bodyfat/weight here ... people almost overestimate the amount of calories they actually need. If calories turn out to be too low, I'd rather start lower and at least make some progress, slowly taper up if I have to, vs. wasting time eating too much, not seeing results, and getting frustrated.

I understand why you're doing it, but I would ditch the Dextrose. In no way, shape, or form is that going to help you achieve your primary goal. Don't worry about maintaining muscle mass - there are far better (not to mention satiating) options - you mentioned oats; that'd be my choice.

Secondly - seeing as you're training fasted (for the most part), I'd at the very least go with a protein blend here vs. whey (again, I get the whey/dextrose fast acting bla bla bla ... personally I think it's overhyped, and the supposed benefits aren't worth it), even better would be some real food if possible.

Re: fasted training ... note my comments on your last meal.

Again, I'd personally opt for a protein blend if you're going with a shake here.

Essentially, your pre-workout meal is you last meal from the evening prior. If possible, I'd go with something with a bit more 'sustenance', not to mention satiating: beef, pork, chicken, etc. If you're going to stick with the eggs, at least eat whole eggs and drop the flax here. You can buy omega-3 eggs if you really feel it matters to you.

FYI - there's really nothing "wrong" here, I'm just making minor critiques that may help you train a bit more intensely, and may make your diet a bit more doable. Bottom line is you already know what to do - eat right, train, and rest - and do all 3 consistently - you'll be back in no time.
    Thanks buddy, glad to see I still have somewhat of a clue but like you said, "CONSISTENCY" is the key...it's going to be a rough start I know that but I have to do this, because I already know what I am doing now isn't working for me. Appreciate all your feedback. As far as a "protein blend" goes, what were you thinking? A Casein protein?

I have a couple 5lb tubs here so that's why I would use the Optimum Nutrition Whey. Also I had amazing success with Dextrose in the past so that's why it's there, Oats are always a backup and perhaps I can throw some dextrose in here and there but Oats sound better simply to make myself feel like I have had a meal.

I try to keep meals either pro/carb or pro/fat so again that is why Flax is spread out and included in that last meal. It is my understanding that it will also slow absorption thus making it a good choice before sleeping? I can drop the flax and say add Turkey bacon, again another thing I have used before, it's provides a little protein and some fat but mostly it provides flavor to the egg whites.

I'll recalculate this plan based on your ideas once we are on the same page
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 01-18-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Ok, tomorrow marks Day 1

Starting the diet at roughly 2,400, switched a chicken meal to end of day based on our discussion of training fasted in the AM, this should help with that. Say I rest around 10-11PM, being up at 4:45-5AM shouldn't be too bad

Meal 1
    ON Whey Protein w/ 1c Oats - 520kCals 7g Fat 56g Carb 56g Pro

Meal 2

Meal 3

Meal 4

Meal 5

Meal 6
    7oz Chicken w/ 1oz Almonds, Kale/Fibrous Veggie - 370kCals 19.3g Fat 6g Carb 44.5g Pro

2,323kCals 77g Fat 133.9g Carb 263.3g Pro

Week 1 - Day 1

First "workout" complete...I quote that because i'm not sure a 12yr old would consider that a workout.

4 x Lat Pull Downs
    3 x Cable Rows
    3 x Lower Back Extensions
    3 x Upper/Middle Back

3 x Crunch machine abs
    3 x Prone Crunches
    3 x Leg Raises

Sets were at the least 12 reps, several times got to 10, then had to stop then finish up.

Went to do cardio, felt the sickness rising 5 minutes in. Jesus Christ what have I done to myself? lol Aborted and will do a 45 minutes cardio session later today to make it up. I knew it would be rough but ugh, pathetic. Let this be a lesson to anyone who is even mildly in shape, don't let yourself go, just don't.

I have pretty much eaten whatever I wished to get it all out of my system, no cheat meals for at the lest the first 4wks here. I do have some travel coming up but I will work around that the best I can (bring tuna in packs, whey etc.)

266.8lbs this morning
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 02-04-2015 at 09:04 AM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Datta boy!

Yes, when ya don't use it ya lose it!

Just have to get thru the tough 2 weeks and then your body will feel that surge of energy!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Thanks buddy, glad to see I still have somewhat of a clue but like you said, "CONSISTENCY" is the key...it's going to be a rough start I know that but I have to do this, because I already know what I am doing now isn't working for me. Appreciate all your feedback. As far as a "protein blend" goes, what were you thinking? A Casein protein

I have a couple 5lb tubs here so that's why I would use the Optimum Nutrition Whey.
    I use a multi-source blend - e.g. whey, casein, egg, glutamine peptides, etc. But if you all that whey sitting there, you might as well use it up.

Also I had amazing success with Dextrose in the past so that's why it's there, Oats are always a backup and perhaps I can throw some dextrose in here and there but Oats sound better simply to make myself feel like I have had a meal
    Amazing success towards what goal? Building muscle, I assume. But now the game has changed; you're looking to reduce bodyfat, right? Just bear in mind that dextrose will do NOTHING for you in that regard. It can only hurt, if anything at all. Like you said - oats would be an excellent choice - more satiating, much longer/slower steady fuel source, and it's food.

I try to keep meals either pro/carb or pro/fat so again that is why Flax is spread out and included in that last meal. It is my understanding that it will also slow absorption thus making it a good choice before sleeping? I can drop the flax and say add Turkey bacon, again another thing I have used before, it's provides a little protein and some fat but mostly it provides flavor to the egg whites.
    Nothing wrong with the flax, but since you were using egg whites + flax (i.e. protein + fat), I suggested dropping the flax and going with whole eggs because a) egg whites taste like shit, and b) more than half the nutrients are in the yolk - they're an excellent source of fat, protein, and many vitamins.

I'll recalculate this plan based on your ideas once we are on the same page
    Gonna check it out now.

Ok, just finished up a 30 minutes cardio session to make up for my early morning disgrace.
    RaginCajun likes this.

Week 1 - Day 2

Training/Cardio complete...much much easier today and was able to complete cardio. Amazing what one day of clean eating can do versus stuffing yourself full of garbage
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 02-04-2015 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerfaust
    day 2 training/cardio complete...much much easier today and was able to complete cardio. Amazing what one day of clean eating can do versus stuffing yourself full of garbage
    bam!

Week 1 - Day 3

45 Minutes of AM Cardio - Active Rest Day

Killin it!

You will be back to beast mode in no time!

Week 1 - Day 4

Shoulders

Seated DB Front raises
    Seated DB press
    Seated/Bent Over DB Rear Delts
    Cable uprights
    Rear delt, reverse fly
    30 min cardio

I am sore sore sore...always did legs on Monday but trying them on Saturday, I'm thinking of hitting the hot tub nightly. Anyone ever use that or say an ice dip?

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust
    Day 4 - Shoulders Seated DB Front raises Seated DB press Seated/Bent Over DB Rear Delts Cable uprights Rear delt, reverse fly 30 min cardio I am sore sore sore...always did legs on Monday but trying them on Saturday, I'm thinking of hitting the hot tub nightly. Anyone ever use that or say an ice dip?
    Yes, love the hot tub.

I wish there was a cold plunge at my gym, I would use it.

You could also soak in some Epson salt

Week 1 - Day 5

Biceps/Triceps/30m Cardio

Done, did the hot tub last night, it seemed to work but my left shoulder in particular is a hurting mofo...so tomorow will be Legs, possibly no cardio depending on how much I can put into legs

So far 5 days of Cardio, 4x30m sessions and 1 45m Cardio session

I'll weighin Monday I guess

One thing I probably need to change is eating so much Kale, not sure how valid that is as a replacement for say Broccoli or Spinach. Been basically turning my last meal into a salad, bed of kale with the chicken on top

Day 5 - Biceps/Triceps/30m Cardio

Done, did the hot tub last night, it seemed to work but my left shoulder in particular is a hurting mofo...so tomorow will be Legs, possibly no cardio depending on how much I can put into legs

So far 5 days of Cardio, 4x30m sessions and 1 45m Cardio session

I'll weighin Monday I guess

One thing I probably need to change is eating so much Kale, not sure how valid that is as a replacement for say Broccoli or Spinach. Been basically turning my last meal into a salad, bed of kale with the chicken on top
    i can't see a problem with eating one over the other.

Week 1 - Day 6

Legs/ 15m Recumbent Bike

So this concludes my first week of training, man today was rough. Now this wasn't a "leg" workout by any strecth of the imagination. No squat movements, just stretch and squeeze.

Leg Extensions
    Hamstring extensions
    Seated Hip Adduction
    Seated Hip Abduction
    Calve raises, followed by calve presses
    15 minutes of recumbent bike to keep the legs going.

The bike was brutal, just was seriously difficult and kept it to 15m

Sunday will be a day off, for now I mean a day off and not an active rest day. I can add that later, Wednesdays will be my active rest day (Cardio only). Now stick to the diet plan over the weekend and I am home free ready to start in on Week 2

Sounds like you are motivated bud!

Kill it!

Week 2 - Day 1

Back/30m Cardio

Weighed in after 1 week......and the results are in......

263.8lbs

That is exactly 3lbs so we are on target, 2.5-3 is good. No cheat this week, probably didn't eat enough yesterday, missed my egg white meal and instead had an apple but came back and had the last meal before sleep.

I'll keep riding this diet plan and training until we see some slow down, then we can adjust. Call me crazy but I always weighed myself after training, am I alone in this? Also, going to start an ECA this week as well.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 02-04-2015 at 09:02 AM.

you need to weigh yourself in the same situation every time. i would weigh myself right after you pee or poop in the morning, as soon as you get out of bed.

Week 2 - Day 2

Chest and Cardio

Feeling a bit better, a little more pep. Got some good squeeze in today. Tomorrow is 45m cardio/active rest day
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 02-04-2015 at 09:02 AM.

Week 2 - Day 3

Active Rest Day, 45m Cardio done

Took an ECA before cardio this morning, didn't seem to get much out of it but cardio is done nonetheless.

Thanks for all the checkins and comments Ragin, appreciate it.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 02-04-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Week 2 - Day 4

Shoulders

Standing DB Front raises
    Hammer machine Military Press - Something in my left shoulder is bad...so I slowly stretch it and try to warm it up
    Seated DB press - Pain still in my left, aborted after one set
    Seated/Bent Over DB Rear Delts
    Shrugs
    Rear delt, cables and then seated reverse flys
    30 min cardio

My very own wife made a comment last night questioning my diet "everyone knows you shouldn't have a big meal late in the evening". Going to have to sit her down tonight and lay it down, unacceptable attitude and she is completely ignorant to any form of diet/training. A small petite woman..just irked me and we all know the importance of positivity on the mind and body.

Sad when you're so far gone that your own wife doesn't respect you eh? Naturally as this moves along and progress becomes more visual then i'm sure it will be a different tune but it's BS nonetheless.

Week 2 - Day 5

Biceps/Triceps/Abs/30m Cardio

Felt pretty good today, did some barbell curls, dumbbell curls..slowly transitioning more from cables to more free weight movements, will then leave cables for filler here and there.

Thought about doing legs today instead, but leaving them until the last workout of the week has been ok so far. This way I am not waking up aching from head to toe early AM making it even more difficult. Saturday legs should be good since Sunday is my day off

So far so good, hoping the weight keeps coming off steadily. No cheats yet nor are any planned for the near future.

Week 2 - Day 6

Legs/15m Recumbent Bike

Now today was a workout, gym was packed today so my typical order of things was off so started with

Hack Squats - 4-5 sets
    Hamstring Extensions - 3-4 sets
    Standing Calve raises - 4-5 sets (legs were shaking bad)
    Leg Extensions - 3-4 sets

Felt a little iffy at this point, took a moment to collect myself. Did some flys just to keep going but take some stress of my legs for a minute.

I wanted to do lunges but it wasn't in the cards today, barely made it up the steps to the recumbent bike, did 15 minutes, went soo much better than last week so it's getting better already.

This concludes the second week of training, tomorrow is a day off. No cheat fellas...weighin on Monday and I am hoping for another 2-3lbs

Week 2 - Day 7

Just a quick note to to let you know that I hate you all, after yesterdays leg workout I am hobbling around like I've been kicked in the nuts by the Jets front line.

Week 3 - Day 1

Weighin Results: 260.8

Another 3lbs gone so we are on track fellas, this time I weighed after waking up and taking a wizz. Going to go train now.

Edit:

Back Day - Got a late start this morning but training intensity is creeping up. Started with some machine rows to warm up, then did some working sets.

Plan was to T-Bar row, so warmed up the lower back on the extension machine. This gym sucks, they have the corner apparatus to slide a barbell in but the barbells are too big. So no T-Bar, went with bent over barbell rows, then onto one arm dumbbell rows, followed by pulldowns. Cardio done, going to throw another 30-45m cardio in later today.

Kinda feeling a cold coming on but trying to get that taken care of with some meds.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 02-09-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Week 3 - Day 2

Calves are beyond sore, can't walk flat footed yesterday at all and would have to slowly try to stretch and just deal with the excruciating ****ing pain. It's a little better today...

Chest - Dumbbell Day - Incline Press, Flys, Decline Press and Flys, Flat Press, Cable Flys, Lower abdominals (leg raises) and crunches. 30m cardio was difficult due tot he tightness in particular my left calf and hamstring but I got it done.

Cold is better today, going to continue hitting the Nyquil to keep it at bay

Week 3 - Day 3

Active Rest Day - 45m AM Cardio

Week 3 - Day 4

Shoulders - Warming up on some side raises and crap, somehow twisted or squeezed and got a kink in my neck on the left side. Yay! Oh well, moved on and put in some DB work, more side raises, front raises, barbell upright rows, shrugs on hammer machine, DB presses (need to push harder on these next time). 30m Cardio

Still a little cold action going on, been taking Nyquil at night so hope it's not going to affect things. Other than that, onward and upward..or shall I say downward I go

up your vitamin C intake to about 5-6 grams a day, or until your stomach can tolerate it, and drink plenty of water. it helps out a lot!

and to your wife, just show her ass what you are going do with your sexy self!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information