yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Listening to your body

Im currently trying to cut down some body fat so I have been eating at a calorie deficit. On the weekends when im not working or training, I can eat my 4 meals (pretty much eat the same things everyday) and I can work past the hunger without too much of a problem. But, during the week, especially after days I train, I eat my regular meals and my stomach is screaming for food all the time- even after eating. Im assuming this is due to my body needing the nutrients to repair the muscle tissue. Should I listen to what my body is telling me and eat a little more on days after I train so my body can heal and recover? Or should I just stick to the numbers I have calculated for my TDEE? Im worried that by denying my body the nutrients and calories it needs to repair I will lose a greater amount of lean tissue while I am continuing to cut.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    Try eating a little more i think you have the right idea keep adjusting until you find what works

Yeah it just seems like im losing size in the wrong places... arms are almost an inch smaller and my waist isnt moving too much.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    when I am cutting I add a reefed day on Sunday and that seems to help my body catch up

I experience this as well. What I did is raise my calories by 200 and just add a little more cardio in. Helps me psychologically knowing I can eat a little more but still well under my maintenance calories. You could also time your carbs to eating a majority of them post workout. I'm sure you already know that drinking a ton of water will help cut down that hunger pain.

Yes... Been easily drinking a gallon a day. I have also starting snacking on small portions of baby carrots and celery.... Just something healthy and low calorie to shut my stomach up lol

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Yes... Been easily drinking a gallon a day. I have also starting snacking on small portions of baby carrots and celery.... Just something healthy and low calorie to shut my stomach up lol
    That's what I do man. I usually have a big bowl of broccoli. Cuts aren't fun!

Blog Entries
    Maybe do some keto at first you'll be even more hungry after you get into ketosis it will make it so you're burning more bodyfat and you're less hungry AND every 10 days or so you'll be able to have a pretty big beneficial re-feed and carbup it's fairly muscle sparing as well maybe mix it with some intermittent fasting so that you can eat more and clsoer together during the day and maybe 3 hours before bed to the time you wake up and then wait an hour and then eat

Thread Information