bronos is offline New Member

Complete new DYEL guy here wanting to learn how to diet properly.

Just a word of warning: I am a beginner at the DYEL stage. Legit I barely have any muscle, mostly fat. My dream is to be big one day so why not ask the biggest and baddest how to get there?

I'm not completely new to dieting and exercise. I mean I went from 275lb to 210lbs at one point. But then I stopped for a year due to taking 18 credits/semester. Now I'm back and back for good.

Anyways I started again on March 24th, 2015 and was around 248lbs. It's been about 3 months now and I've only lost about 18lbs. I mean it's progress but I want to lose it faster. It's been hard.

Right now my main goal is to lose the fat ASAP. I'm gunna make another thread in the exercise section about lifting/cardio. But I do a little bit of both, but last 2 weeks it's been mostly cardio so my muscles are a lot smaller.

Dieting is extremely hard. I hate myself when I cut, feel lethargic and weak.

My stats currently:
    Height: 6' 2"
    Weight: 230lbs
    BF%: ?

I attached a log of what I ate on Monday

Right now I'm just focusing on calories.
    My BMR (230, 6' 2", 21): 2120
    TDEE (4x/week cardio/lift): 3000

I try to keep my calories under 2000 because I want to lose fat faster. There have been days where I've eaten over. But I've been consistent for the past 3 weeks.

I'm looking for advice on how to improve my diet, macros, and any other general advice. Also what bodyfat do you guys think I am right now? Could someone if you have time make up a basic meal plan for me that I should eat per day?

Thanks guys I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for being on here but I really want to be a decent build in 1-2 years at low bf%.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Complete new DYEL guy here wanting to learn how to diet properly.-03-24-15-cropped.jpg   Complete new DYEL guy here wanting to learn how to diet properly.-06-09-15-cropped.jpg   Complete new DYEL guy here wanting to learn how to diet properly.-diet-log.png  

Nobody's going to give ya a hard time man! Well some will at some point but not on this thread I'm hoping. That's great progress man. I can't give you an estimate on your bf % but I can give you some pointers on your diet. In today's society everyone wants everything now but in this lifestyle it's not going to happen. Losing weight fast is the worst way to lose firstly because your more likely to gain it back just as quickly as you lost. Secondly your losing a lot of muscle while your at it. You should aim to lose 1-2 pounds per week to minimize muscle loss. I know it's not fast but trust me within a few months and you start seeing good progress you will be a lot happier you lost it slowly. As far as a food plan its simple. Go to iifym.com and calculate your tdee or total daily expenditure. This is how much you burn in a day. Eat around 350-500 calories under this to lose weight. I like to have my numbers about 40% protein 40% carbs and 20% fats to add up to my daily needs. Foods are simple no processed bs. No crap. Eat whole foods. Chicken, Lean Steak, Fish, Sweet Potatoes, broccoli, rice, cottage cheese, asparagus, peanut butter... You get the point. Eat clean foods and incorporate them into your diet. Myfitnesspal is a great app that everyone uses to track their calories. Check that out and iifym. Do a little reading on these and let me know if you need anything else and I'll try to help.

I see you already know your tdee, sorry didn't see that. Just eat 350-500 cals under that.

Thread Information