Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: eb 8 week cut

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference

eb 8 week cut

Going to keep a log for the next 8 weeks, mainly for me to keep myself on track. starting 14th July.

My maintenance cals are 2500 per day. (Will adjust to lose 1-2lbs of fat each week)

Ill be cutting with 2500 cals of food and 3500 cals of MISS cardio a week (500 cals each day). This with the T3 and high cals should be great for losing fat and keeping muscle.

Ill be using HIT style weight training for this over a 4 day split. Training Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

Split is chest/bis, back, legs and shoulders/tris. Abs 2 x a week on top.

Ill be having 200 grams of protein each day hitting the 2000 cals, the rest of the cals will be from whatever, not stressing over the details just hitting the numbers day in day out. If i stall i will lower cals.

Everyday ill have 6 gram fish oil, Multi-Vit, 10000 i.u vit D, 2 piece of fruit, 3 piece of veg (ill not count veg in my cals) and plenty of water!!

Ill be taking 50mcg of T3 for 6 of the 8 weeks.

I will follow a type of intermittent fasting, eating a little protein and fats after a.m training and the rest of my cals at night (no other reason than i like to eat at night) if i start feeling hunger cravings i will switch up to eating keto style and lower my protein a bit, cut carbs and up fats BUT still hitting the 2000 cals (or 1800 cals if i stall)

I have three re-feed days planned or cheat days or lazy days or whatever the feck you want to call them! (no other reason than im going to be at family or friends parties,weddings etc, that i cant wriggle out of! ha!) ill be drinking for one of these, the other two i will not.

Ill keep track of my weight and the mirror, main goal is to lose as much fat weight as possible before my first blast. I havent trained in two weeks, I have been on holiday and resting my golfers elbow injury. Ive not been dieting either on holiday. So my first weigh in will be in 10 days, enough time to get rid of the water weight. Target is to lose at least 16 lbs.

Ill report in each day to give a brief description of my diet and training.

Cheers.
    Last edited by energizer bunny; 07-20-2015 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Updating plan
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Subscribed!

Also, just a thought... Have you had success w/restricting cals and not losing any muscle tissue?? I know yiur on TRT - but as you know T3 does not discriminate what it eats(fat/or muscle) - so at least your T levels are up -

So it also sounds that your carb sensitive?! Is that why the Keto diet? You've had success w/this b4... Just asking b/c we're all different - have you considered carb cycling(even if it's a low C split(w/refeed days(high days) - and up cardio as needed?? Just thinking outloud too...

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Yo Nach! the only way i gauge losing fat vs muscle is my strength, if strength stays the same or goes up im happy. Ive used T3 in the past and its the only fat burner ill use now. Im using it to speed up things mate! just want to lose as much fat as possible in the 8 weeks. As you know im looking forward to bulking as ive never done this before so trying to get lean for my lean bulk.

The only reason i eat keto is because my hunger is easily controllable and also i perform the same with or without carbs so. im hoping that my intermittent style diet will be enough to control hunger so i can eat a balanced diet, if not i know keto is easy for me.

If i ever get big and lean then carb cycling will def be worth looking into BUT at the moment im just keeping things simple, its just a numbers game at the min.

Carb Sensitive is something i dont like to chuck about because again were im at the numbers win! i know one thing though i can eat and eat and eat carbs!! ha and still feel hungry.........high fat and no cravings at all!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Cool! Excited for you - & to see what comes of this(your definitely doing all the right things! And you know your body better than anyone!

And w/the HIT training(it's really unrivaled) and it's totally transformed my physique - and diet of course lol

GL my man!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Cool! Excited for you - & to see what comes of this(your definitely doing all the right things! And you know your body better than anyone!

And w/the HIT training(it's really unrivaled) and it's totally transformed my physique - and diet of course lol

GL my man!
    Cheers mate!

excited to see what big eating does in a few months! and gear in few more months! ha

Arete is offline Junior Member
    Subscribed. Sounds like you have a dialed in plan. What's your current weight so we can help cheer you on? I am leaning out as well before doing another cycle or gaining weight. Last time I lost some weight I found kettle bell HIIT really worked good for an exercise. Excited to follow up and see how you do.

I'm sure you read leangains stuff on IF but I found it easy to do a 16/8 protocol eating between noon and 6-7 pm. When I actually stalled increasing calories and doing a fat fast at 90% fat for 10 days I lost 17lb that month from 230 to 213. So I know calorie restriction is the goal but Just another thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    Subscribed. Sounds like you have a dialed in plan. What's your current weight so we can help cheer you on? I am leaning out as well before doing another cycle or gaining weight. Last time I lost some weight I found kettle bell HIIT really worked good for an exercise. Excited to follow up and see how you do.

I'm sure you read leangains stuff on IF but I found it easy to do a 16/8 protocol eating between noon and 6-7 pm. When I actually stalled increasing calories and doing a fat fast at 90% fat for 10 days I lost 17lb that month from 230 to 213. So I know calorie restriction is the goal but Just another thought.
    Cheers mate.

Al post first weight up in about 10 days, no point weighing myself after two weeks eating what i like and not training as it wont be true fat loss. I mate read lean gains. mines a mix of lots of styles of eating prob close to the warrior diet as i eat in 4-5 hour window. When i go keto style i bump my fats to about 80% and feel great on that, at above 15% body fat its def just a numbers game for me though, simple eat less and train hard is the foundation.

Arete is offline Junior Member
    Awesome. I also eat 80% testing to get deeper in but I have more fat % at the moment. Look forward to seeing the progress EB. it'll motivate me as well. Thanks.

Day 1

Ill keep a detailed write up of todays training and diet, though normally i will not be as detailed. no point.

Wake-0400, half litre of water, 3 gram fish oil, 5000iu vitd, 250ml sugar free energy drink.

At gym-0430, chest and bi workout.
    10 min warm up, 5 min cross trainer, 5 min mobility work.

Inclined d bell, 3 feeler sets, 1 work set, double drop used.
    Inclined flys, 2 feeler sets, 1 work set, double drop used
    Flat d bell, 1 feeler, 1 work set, triple drop used
    Flat flys, 0 feeler, 1 work set, double drop used

Eze bar curls, 1 feeler set, 1 work set, double drop used
    Eze preacher curl, 0 feeler, 1 work set, straight set to fail
    Dbell curl, 0 feeler, 1 work set, straight set to fail
    Forearm curls, straight sets.

3 rounds of hiit rowing, 15 sec sprint and 45 sec cruise.

Workout complete in 60 mins. Half litre water during.

0545, whey shake with full fat milk.

1200, beef jerky

Arms chest sore as feck! First day back at work so feeling tired on my break.

1800, 200 gram of fillet steak, 200 gram baby potatoes, mixed veg. seasoned with garlic salt, onion salt, and pepper. can of pepsi max, apple and banna. half litre of water.

1900, 2 eggs, 1 slice bergen bread, 10 gram butter, quest bar.

2000, whey shake, full fat milk, 3 gram fish oil, 5000 i.u vit d3. half litre water

drank 1.5 litres water during the day aswel.

Totals 2058 cals, 200 gram protein.
    Last edited by energizer bunny; 07-14-2015 at 01:05 PM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Nice EB! How's it feel(besides sore) to be doing HIT! Real fvkin gnarly, huh!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Nice EB! How's it feel(besides sore) to be doing HIT! Real fvkin gnarly, huh!
    its def intense mate! feels good and def think its going to work wonders!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    its def intense mate! feels good and def think its going to work wonders!
    Oh it will!

Day 2

Wake 0400

Gym 0430

Legs today

leg ext
    leg curl
    leg press
    calf raises
    farmers walk and lunges

Abs

all to failure using drop sets, rest pause and forced reps. ruined my legs and had to miss out on squats! sore as feck now! ha

plus my chest and bis are ruined from yesterday! good stuff!

Diet

2035 cals, 203 gram protein.
    Last edited by energizer bunny; 07-15-2015 at 12:30 PM.

Day 3

rest day

wake 0700
    had a good nights sleep, normally my sleep is crap so body was def tired!

needed that rest! my body is very sore after the past two weight sessions!

diet

2354 cals, 205 gram protein.

went over my cals today, felt like i needed to, ill make the deficit up later in the week via cardio.

Day 4

wake 0400

gym 0430

Back/Traps

Tried to use deadlifts, bbell and dbell rows! unfortunately my elbow injury flared up! will have to adapt my back training until im willing to take some considerable time off! not for a long time yet!

had a decent workout with cables and machines though.

Diet

2260 cals, 208 gram protein.

going full warrior diet from tomorrow, same macro and cals. Just not eating until the evening. Been breaking my fast at midday this week and ive felt crap after eating, very hungry! no good.

also adding 200 cals of miss cardio after each weight lifting session from tomorrow. also upping my rounds of HIIT cardio to 5.

Day 5

wake 0500

gym 0530

Shoulder/Tris

Hit shoulders hard using drop sets and rest pause, took it easy on the tris giving my elbows a little rest.
    200 MISS cardio on the cross trainer and 5 rounds of 15 seconds/45 seconds HIIT on the rower.

Diet

Feeling much better today for not eating at midday....had a whey shake with water aftrer a.m training and a cup of coffee with cream.......then nothing until this evening.

2000 cals, 205 gram protein.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    How's things going EB? Looks and sounds great....

Good mate, been a tough week being the first week back after two weeks of nothing!!

Feel good for it and know exactly what to fix for the next seven weeks...

will weigh myself on friday and then aim to drop 2lbs each week after that.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Good mate, been a tough week being the first week back after two weeks of nothing!!

Feel good for it and know exactly what to fix for the next seven weeks...

will weigh myself on friday and then aim to drop 2lbs each week after that.
    Awesome man!

I remember the first wk of HIT lol - I was/and still am in serious pain afterwards - you'll find your groove - & when you do - you'll be very happy w/this training - and of course the results which we all desire!

Day 6

wake 0600

rest day, though i had to get up at 0600 to do some extra hours at work!! on call next weekend so another weekend wasted, never mind eh!

Diet

went over today on cals, not worried though, ill up the strictness after my first weigh in.

2259 cals, 210 gram protein.

Day 7

wake 0700

Rest again today

Changing plans slightly! bought an exercise bike, should be here within the week. Im going to eat at maintenance and use cardio for the deficit. going to hit 500 cals worth every day, thatl be 3500 cals each week, with the T3 this should be ideal to get 1.5 lbs a week of fat burned! This means ill have plenty of room to manoeuvre when its needed.

Diet

2060 cals, 200 gram protein.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    sounds like a good plan!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    sounds like a good plan!
    Im sure you will agree Ragin! anything that lets ya eat more food and still burn fat is a good plan! haha.

Im sure you will agree Ragin! anything that lets ya eat more food and still burn fat is a good plan! haha.
    no doubt!!!

i love to eat!!!

no doubt!!!

i love to eat!!!
    My down fall mate! i can smash the training! dieting is so tough! all these years and im still struggling with it lol.

My down fall mate! i can smash the training! dieting is so tough! all these years and im still struggling with it lol.
    same here bud!

another downfall of mine is drinking. i wouldn't say i drink a lot, just on the weekends, but it ends up being an all day thing! just empty cals!

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I highly like and rec "carb cycling" for fatloss, not just cal counting. love it.

Good luck!
    RaginCajun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Juced_porkchop View Post
    I highly like and rec "carb cycling" for fatloss, not just cal counting. love it.

Good luck!
    Definitely will be using this at some point, when the losses slow maybe. how do you set yours up mate?

same here bud!

another downfall of mine is drinking. i wouldn't say i drink a lot, just on the weekends, but it ends up being an all day thing! just empty cals!
    I, when i drink its a session like! ha, not that often these days though.

Day 8

wake 0400

gym 0430

Chest and Biceps, drop sets and rest pause sets to failure! Then 250 cals of cardio.

early start at work also today, so feeling tired

Diet

2100 cals 208 gram protein.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Looking good thus far, Keep it up!

Day 9

wake 0400

gym 0430

back and triceps

really good work out. lots of rest pause and drop sets.

250 cals cardio

diet

didnt count today, did a double shift at work with 3 hours between them so just got food in and had a nap.

Day 10

wake 0630

Rest today. First weigh in today

weight 13st 10.6lbs (193.6lbs) will be weighing in on a Saturday a.m from now on in.

Diet

2380 cals 220 gram protein.
    Last edited by energizer bunny; 07-23-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Looking good thus far, Keep it up!
    Cheers mate!

the past 2 weeks have just been a feeler really, being more strict from Monday, time to start losing them lbs.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hey EB,

Marcus uses carb cycling and his approach starts at 3 low(40% lower than what you'd normally consume) then 1 high(15% higher than what you'd normally eat) - if things stall there - he even may go 4/5/6 low 1 high to really shock the body and deplete all glycogen stores.... Just figured I'd share

Haha....cheers Nach, def will do it at some point, just not ready to be that anal yet!....soon as i hit a big sticking point ill turn to this....

are you using carb cycling mate?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Haha....cheers Nach, def will do it at some point, just not ready to be that anal yet!....soon as i hit a big sticking point ill turn to this....

are you using carb cycling mate?
    No... Not yet... Still lean bulking luckily my body likes lots of carbs

Days 11 and 12

well this was the first of my planned cheat days, i was at a wedding and it spilled over to two days. Didn't drink though so that was a bonus. Back on track tomorrow and hitting the gym to catch up on the past two days workouts.

Day 13

wake 0500

gym 0530

Legs and Shoulder/Traps

squats, leg ext, leg curl, seat calfs, leg press,

Mill press, dbell press, dbell side raise, shrugz, machine traps.

all exercises to positive failure.

diet

2416 cals, 200 gram protein, 68 gram fat, 261 gram carbs, 33 gram fibre.

Day 14

wake 0645

Rest day.

diet

2583 cals, 205 gram protein, 55 gram fat, 321 gram carbs, 35 gram fibre.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information