Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By davidtheman100
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By yeahbuddy289
  • 1 Post By novastepp

Thread: Am I ready to cycle??

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Am I ready to cycle??

Hey guys. If you dont already know I have been cleaning up my diet and for the first time in my life have actually done a "cut". I was always trying to bulk... I just wanted to put on weight and some how convinced myself that seeing a bigger number on the scale translated into a better physique. Well back in March of this year I took a long look in the mirror and didnt like what I saw. So I have been on a pretty strict diet- absolutely no fast food and I only eat out once or sometimes twice a week for a cheat meal. I completely cut out sugary drinks (use to drink soda with my fast food lunch and would drink energy drinks and about a half gallon of ice tea a day). When I started this process i was 222-224lbs and estimated by you guys to be 20% bf or more. I have successfully dropped down to 202lbs. I dont know where I heard this saying but it was always in my head throughout this process- "train ridiculous, eat meticulous". And that is what I did. However, my goal is, and always has been, to get as big as I possibly can- just not the way I was doing it before. I would like to run a cycle and try to put on some good clean size. Shredded abs would be nice but that really isnt my goal. I would just like your opinion as to whether or not I have given myself a good base to start adding clean size. Pic on the left was taken tonight, pic on the right was taken back when I was 222-224lbs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	148.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	949.3 KB 
ID:	159190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	120.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	555.8 KB 
ID:	159191

Anyone? Lol

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You have made good progress but I think you can still make a lot of gains natty before jumping on the gear

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Eat meticulous train ridiculous - is Blake Kavlic's line/signature at the end of each post! It's surely is True!

You have made great progress - like Bio mentioned - the more you put into your diet/training(getting down to sub 15 even 12ish will yield much better results!

Keep doing what your doing... Train heavy(hypertrophy)and intense as possible - GL

Thanks guys... what would you estimate my body fat to be at now? Like I said im not really looking to be shredded... just want my body fat to be at a safe level to cycle when the time comes.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Thanks guys... what would you estimate my body fat to be at now? Like I said im not really looking to be shredded... just want my body fat to be at a safe level to cycle when the time comes.
    15-16ish

A safe level to cycle is 15 correct?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    A safe level to cycle is 15 correct?
    essentially 15% is safe to cycle if you're holding some muscle to begin with and you are holding some muscle but just realistically think about if your cycle went perfectly as planned and your gear was perfectly dosed and everything was on point... gain 25 lbs on your cycle on a bulk...I don't think you would end up looking as good as you think you would right now...I HIGHLY suggest cycling when you're sub-10%...The whole idea is to blow up lean as a bodybuilder..
    yeahbuddy289 likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Making great progress. well done
    yeahbuddy289 likes this.

Thanks Marcus... Been working harder in the gym and in the kitchen than I ever have before... Even when I thought I was training hard... I wasn't... I see that now. I think you guys are absolutely right when you say almost everyone who thinks they are training hard enough really isn't. That's why I'm so excited to cycle... The way I'm training now coupled with how I'm eating and how disciplined I've become, I think I could put on more lean tissue than I ever have on previous cycles.

Dave thank you for your post. I would agree with you that the lower the body fat you start with the better. But with proper diet and training the way I know I can do you think it's possible for me to cycle and put on lean tissue with only a slight increase in body fat?
    marcus300 likes this.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I'll jump in and offer help critiquing your diet if you would like. If you would be willing to share your diet, meal by meal, I could help you fine tune it so that you can drop some more bf before you consider a cycle.

You look like you are building the foundation, and I'd really hate to see you waste your first cycle when you are not truly prepared. The diet is teh preparation. I believe that if you can hold strong and complete a natural "cut" with a diet and cardio routine, you will be more than ready for your cycle.

To cut, it doesn't mean it has to be drastic, it means your calories are on point with your metabolic demands and you consume those calories with cardio for a few weeks and you drop some body fat. Simple, and you can do it!

Of course, if you can stay strong in your lifts then that sets you up even better for adding size during a cycle; its a win win.

So let's work on the diet!!!
    Booz likes this.

Thread Information