Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    eggplant is offline Member

bulking diet..not gaining!

I'm on a bulking diet, and i didn't gain any weight for the past two weeks..i guess i'm not eating enough..my carb intake are mainly from oatmeals,veges and brown rice. I found it tough to determine how many carbs are there in brown rice..might be bcos of this dat i'm not gaining?
    i'm 5'8 162pounds...anybody knows how much proteins are there in one chicken fillet? and how much brown rice make up 80g of carbs?

My typical day diet..

11am:1 cup of oatmeal
    1 banana
    1 cup of fatt free milk
    1 muti-vit

2pm : Post workout
    2 scoops optimum whey
    4 tbsp dextrose
    1 cup brown rice
    2 cans tuna in water

3pm: 2 cups of whole milk

5pm: 1 cup brown rice
    6 pieces of chicken fillet
    1 bowl of lettuce

7pm: 1 cup oatmeal
    6 pieces of chicken fillet

10pm:6 pieces of chicken fillet
    1 bowl of lettuce

12pm:6 pieces of chicken fillet
    1 cup of fat free milk
    1 bowl of lettuce

about 300g prots, 300g carbs, 66 g fat

sorry for the long thread guys...any inputs will be appreciated..thnx

peace,
    eggplant

saboudian is offline Senior Member

Re: bulking diet..not gaining!

Well to solve your how much protein in chicken problem, just go to the store and buy a cheap $5 scale, will be well worth it.

First of all, you need some solid food protein in your 11am meal and i would add in a protein shake also.

3pm- milk is not a meal by itself, add a piece of chicken or some type of solid protein in there.

Other than that it looks fairly good, i would just make sure you get that scale to make sure you're getting in enough protein. Except for your postworkout meal, i would make sure that you're getting in at LEAST 40g protein per meal for the rest of your meals.

If you make those changes and you still cannot gain, than i would start substituting some of that chicken with red meat. If you still cannot gain, than it could be over training.

roidmanraging is offline Junior Member
    At 5'8 and 160lbs i'm willing to bet you are an ectomorph. Try doubling your complex carbs in your first 3 meals. Also, have carbs with EVERY meal. Sounds counter intuitive? Think of it like this, your body is constantly burning energy. It needs more in order to utilize the protein appropriately ie build muscle. Fuel your energy stores with carbs and leave the protein to build the muscle. Do this, pm me in two weeks and let me know how it's going.

dangit is offline Member
    When bulking, I've injested carbs right until bed time quite a lot of times. I'd just double the amount of rice you're taking in and keep the carbs coming in. You should try to aim for 500-600g of carbs if you really want to bulk up. At 300g of carbs, you're just basically keeping yourself at an equilibrium. I start loosing weight when I go under 300g of carbs a day. Double it up and you'll be sure to grow

ok..i think i should get a weighing scale..and i'll try doubling my carbs to see how it works. As for the red meat..i have a tight budget and could not take red meat at a regular basis..all in all...thanx for those info bros..will keep u all inform of my progress in 2 weeks ...

peace,
    eggplant

Just check the weekly ads. I picked up 10lbs of fresh pork last night at 99 cents/lb. (was on sale)

As far as upping carbs go, i would just make sure you get all your protein in first and then eat as many carbs until you're full, don't stuff yourself just to meet your daily requirements. You could start putting PB on just about everything you eat too if you still need extra calories.

i'm an ecto..erm..not realli skinny as the traditional one...my shoulders and back are quite big..so it makes me look larger..and i have the tendency to put on fat on my lower abs region..but there's something more that bothers me. i have a waistine about 34' but i can still see my six pack when flexed and the overall shape when relaxed. so i'm quite confused as in whether i have thick abs,or my bodyfat is high..and makes my waistline so thick.Bcoz of this, i dare not take in too much carbs..but i do wana get some quality bulk before i start cuting in sep..wat do u think?

peace,
    eggplant

When you cut down to a real low BF, then you bulk up, you tend to retain alot of definition. When i had a 36" waist in the height of my offseason bulking, i could still see the outline of my abs.

So lemme get this straight, you want to put on quality bulk without your lower abs disappearing before u cut. Ok now you're killing me, figure out what your main goal is and stop being so picky. You have to give up something to get something.

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    When you cut down to a real low BF, then you bulk up, you tend to retain alot of definition. When i had a 36" waist in the height of my offseason bulking, i could still see the outline of my abs.

So lemme get this straight, you want to put on quality bulk without your lower abs disappearing before u cut. Ok now you're killing me, figure out what your main goal is and stop being so picky. You have to give up something to get something.
    yes..i see ur point..but i had increased my waistline from 31' to 34'...and my arms and other parts hasn't got any bigger..i've been eating very clean...so what i meant was..to get some bulk in my other body parts to level up with my waistline..i don't mind my abs disappearing, but at least i have to see some improvements on my other muscles than my waist right..? Sorry if i sounded too picky

peace,
    eggplant

Everyone has a certain order of putting on fat. Every time i cut down and bulk up i notice it. For example, when i cut down the first areas i lose fat from are my legs and the last area i lose fat on is abs. When i bulk up, the first area i put fat on is my abs, and the last area i put fat on is my legs.

After you cut down and bulk up a few times, you'll notice your "order".

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    Everyone has a certain order of putting on fat. Every time i cut down and bulk up i notice it. For example, when i cut down the first areas i lose fat from are my legs and the last area i lose fat on is abs. When i bulk up, the first area i put fat on is my abs, and the last area i put fat on is my legs.

After you cut down and bulk up a few times, you'll notice your "order".
    ok..thanx for the info..

peace,
    eggplant

Thread Information