Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RaginCajun

Thread: Juicers and blender drinks

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member

Juicers and blender drinks

Does anyone drink these?

Some times I will throw some vegetables and oranges in a blend for a drink but never got to crazy about it.

If you do, thenot what do u guys put together, how does it taste, and do u think it's worth it over eating a bunch of vegetables?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i would like to get back to juicing/blending drinks again

i would do kale/spinach/apple/beets/pineapple/lemon/peach/banana/avocado/celery/blueberries.

i am looking at getting one of those nutri-bullets.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    My wife received a Ninja for Christmas last year and she loves it. It is great for preparing smoothies, etc. blueberries, spinach, oranges, banana, Apple, carrot, and some whey is a damn nice meal on the go.

tempest818 is offline Associate Member
    Nutribullets are great. Usually i like to mix protein milk and alit of ice to make a great smoothie...or put vegetables and fruits and protein into a mix...honestly it all tastes great and sweet as long as you have some fruit in there. On days where i do crazy cheats, i like to go on a juice diet for the day to make up for the day before and the nutribullet really helps. It mixes very fast and even if u dont end up liking the whole juicing thing, you can make some great protein smoothies lol.

Cool, so would u say that the bullet is the better option as far as a juicer? Or is a blender a blender and that doesn't matter? I hear that it's different some how.

In the passed, when I do this i just us a blender but it always comes out kinda chunky.

Maybe I'm putting the wrong stuff in there. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    Cool, so would u say that the bullet is the better option as far as a juicer? Or is a blender a blender and that doesn't matter? I hear that it's different some how.

In the passed, when I do this i just us a blender but it always comes out kinda chunky.

Maybe I'm putting the wrong stuff in there. Haha
    i just don't like cleaning the juicer afterwards, pain in the arse!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    i just don't like cleaning the juicer afterwards, pain in the arse!
    might not be worth the cost of getting a juicer because of that.

My plan was doing this juicing deal on Friday and Saturdays. Do to working different shifts at work these two days I have a hard time putting myour meals in place.

For now I have been just kinda fasting until about 12 the. Eating big. Theno after work eating another big meal. Then, right before I sleep from working long day I would take down a protien shake.

If I could do something fast and easy like this juicing deal in the morning I would really be able to hit diet for ther day

But if it's something that takes a long time to clean and make it might not be worth it

But if it's something that takes a long time to clean and make it might not be worth it
    i think i would rather get one of the new nutri-bullets or ninja bullets. throw that thing in the dish washer and forget about it!

with a juicer, you have to take it apart and get in all the nooks and crannies. takes longer to clean that to juice!

maybe one of those expensive/commercial juicers are easier to clean but the one i have is a pain!

i think i would rather get one of the new nutri-bullets or ninja bullets. throw that thing in the dish washer and forget about it!

with a juicer, you have to take it apart and get in all the nooks and crannies. takes longer to clean that to juice!

maybe one of those expensive/commercial juicers are easier to clean but the one i have is a pain!
    Cool thanks for the info.

I wish I could just force my self up early and make/eat breakfast but the swing is crazy for me and I'm not used to it at all!

eating is not my problem, eating too much and often is my problem!!!
    73rr and hellomycognomen like this.

tempest818 is offline Associate Member
    The bullet is easy to clean and is by far the best option. Makes the most consistent mix with no chunks and not too liquidy given you put enough ice.

All you do is clean the container where your ingredients go and it serves as a good cup too.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest818 View Post
    The bullet is easy to clean and is by far the best option. Makes the most consistent mix with no chunks and not too liquidy given you put enough ice.

All you do is clean the container where your ingredients go and it serves as a good cup too.
    Cool thanks

I will look into it for sure.

Blog Entries
    i would like to get back to juicing/blending drinks again

i would do kale/spinach/apple/beets/pineapple/lemon/peach/banana/avocado/celery/blueberries.

i am looking at getting one of those nutri-bullets.
    Juicing avocado?!

---------------------

I used to juice, mostly made V8 type drinks, carrots, celery, cilantro, lime, lettuce, beets, and sprinkle a little salt in the end, it was pretty damn delicious.

For fruit I normally just eat it straight up as its already delicious alone.

The difference between a juicer and a blender is of course whether the fiber is consumed or not. Both have pros and cons.

The reason I stopped was I just got lazy washing the veggies, and then the clean up.

Thank u all for your comments and advice

What Im getting out of this is that juicing/blending is good but time consuming.

Since I am looking for a fast but healthy food source early in the morning on my two days I don't think this will work out.

I will be making protien bars and eating hard boiled eggs that I will make the day before I suppose for these two swing shift double days of mine.

If any other suggestions I'm allooking for it. I'm used to working a second shift job so it's kinda weird and hard on me to get up at 3:30 in the morning just to make my nice breakfasts that start out my day so well!

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen
    Juicing avocado?! --------------------- I used to juice, mostly made V8 type drinks, carrots, celery, cilantro, lime, lettuce, beets, and sprinkle a little salt in the end, it was pretty damn delicious. For fruit I normally just eat it straight up as its already delicious alone. The difference between a juicer and a blender is of course whether the fiber is consumed or not. Both have pros and cons. The reason I stopped was I just got lazy washing the veggies, and then the clean up.
    Yes avocado, try it, makes it creamy!

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    i think i would rather get one of the new nutri-bullets or ninja bullets. throw that thing in the dish washer and forget about it! with a juicer, you have to take it apart and get in all the nooks and crannies. takes longer to clean that to juice! maybe one of those expensive/commercial juicers are easier to clean but the one i have is a pain!
    This.

I bought/attained a cold press juicer (slow juicer) and it does a magnificent job. It was about £160(240$). But the bloody thing has a ton of parts and is a real bugger to clean the pulp from the filters etc.

I want a blender now. Thinking of a Ninja / Bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Any one now how long a drink stays good for?

If I made one or two the night before, would it still be good in the morning /afternoon?

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Anyone serious about this should shell out for a Vitamix, there is simply NO substitute for the performance on this baby.

jgd
    jgd is offline Junior Member
    The cleaning part of using a real juicer is such a hard thing to get over, so I make like a gallon at a time. I use Kale, (bunch of )carrots, a large chunk of ginger root, celery, apples, green grapes, pairs and spinach. The ginger makes it really pop, I randomly will put garlic cloves in, but damn its tuff to talk to anyone after that with the breath it gives. Aside from the cleaning, I love Juicing, makes you feel so good and lite.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?

If I made one or two the night before, would it still be good in the morning /afternoon?
    In the fridge, they will last well for days, but you will need to shake them for sure because of settling.

If I make a shake, I always make it the night before.

Blog Entries

Ideally its better to drink it immediately, the longer it sits the more oxidation takes place and greater the reduction in nutrient quality.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    Anyone serious about this should shell out for a Vitamix, there is simply NO substitute for the performance on this baby.
    Well i had never heard of them. Until now!! But damn, £650 for a blender!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Yea I don't want to spend that much money!!! Haha

Thread Information