Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: Less is More Log

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    How long have you been performing your current training split? Are you adapted too much and maybe just need to change up the workouts? It can help you drive right through a lag.
    I just switched it 2 weeks ago and I always do 10 weeks training and one week off, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Really enjoying this log, t!

While we are mostly all concerned with you and possible overtraining... You are the one who knows your body best... Just listen to it as you've been... I just had to take a full wk off b/c I didn't listen to my body - glad you've recognized that!

It's good that you've come down 14lbs... How much bf? It seems your opening up that growth window for a more anabolic environment for your body to grow in!
    Best,
    Nach
    Thanks Nach and shit man, Congrats on Monitor status, got be on my best behaviour now :-)

Blog Entries
    Today's super positive update. I felt good from waking up and my energy levels felt like they were through the roof. When I got to the gym I tore that place up today. There was not enough weights and energy never seemed to go down. Crazy, felt like Superman in there. Think I got this down now. I am getting enough nutrition, maybe a bit too much and I only do Crossfit 2 times/week. Anyhow, felt like a million bucks today so I will keep this protocol for a while.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Glad you are back to normal!

Blog Entries
    Another day another super day. I am close to 3.2 - 3.3 kcal/day now and weight have stabilized at 180lb for the last few weigh-ins. I am tearing it up in the gym. Not done any Crossfit this week as I was sick past weekend and wanted to go slow. Next week I do have Crossfit Tues/Thurs and looking forward to that. I had almost forgotten what it feels like to feel GOOD in the gym and in general, but this is it. BOOM!

Blog Entries
    I am pulling back on calorie amount just a tad as I am gaining a bit too much fat for my own taste right now but boy, energy levels are through the roof. I am going to try dieting with carbs somewhere around the June timeframe when I need to start thinking about the upcoming competition. I know I need to pretty much low-carb it at the end anyways so might as well try it. I am setting new records in the gym daily. One thing that has never been a problem for me is to go all out. I know there is a lot of inspiration in Marcus thread (If you have not read it, do so now: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**) but I have never needed it for that specific reason, but there is a wealth of information there that even a vet in the gym could use. My mood is also at an all-time high and playing with my daughter is a joy again and I feel like it could go on forever. All in all guys, this is going really well!
    RaginCajun likes this.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    I am pulling back on calorie amount just a tad as I am gaining a bit too much fat for my own taste right now but boy, energy levels are through the roof. I am going to try dieting with carbs somewhere around the June timeframe when I need to start thinking about the upcoming competition. I know I need to pretty much low-carb it at the end anyways so might as well try it. I am setting new records in the gym daily. One thing that has never been a problem for me is to go all out. I know there is a lot of inspiration in Marcus thread (If you have not read it, do so now: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**) but I have never needed it for that specific reason, but there is a wealth of information there that even a vet in the gym could use. My mood is also at an all-time high and playing with my daughter is a joy again and I feel like it could go on forever. All in all guys, this is going really well!
    I've very happy to hear that. Keep it up!!!

sounds like things are looking up and up!!!

if you don't mind, post up some of your crossfit exercises. i like to get different ideas for workouts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    if you don't mind, post up some of your crossfit exercises. i like to get different ideas for workouts
    I'll post the WOD each Tuesday and Thursday when I train it. Place is closed this week due to holidays.

Blog Entries
    Struggling a little bit at the moment in keeping the diet clean. This is why I partially have been very hesitant to introduce carbs in the way I have. I seem to have a very, I mean VERY, hard time eating clean while eating this type of food. This is nothing new, it has been a constant struggle for years and something that will not go away anytime soon. I will need to rectify this problem in a short period of time before it gets completely out of hand but doing that and keeping carbs in there seems hard. I am almost never full unless I eat ridiculous amounts of food. I still have not checked my leptin so that is on the todo list, but something is off. Not sure there is something medically but if I have to struggle like this for the next 40-50 years it will simply not work and I'll, sooner or later, end up fat as ****. Just another day I guess. On a positive note, energy levels are up as never before.

i try to keep my main carbs to Ezekiel bread (or Daves killer seed bread), oats, and sweet potatoes

love sweet potatoes!

interesting to see what your leptin levels are as that piques my interest in me as well

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Struggling a little bit at the moment in keeping the diet clean. This is why I partially have been very hesitant to introduce carbs in the way I have. I seem to have a very, I mean VERY, hard time eating clean while eating this type of food. This is nothing new, it has been a constant struggle for years and something that will not go away anytime soon. I will need to rectify this problem in a short period of time before it gets completely out of hand but doing that and keeping carbs in there seems hard. I am almost never full unless I eat ridiculous amounts of food. I still have not checked my leptin so that is on the todo list, but something is off. Not sure there is something medically but if I have to struggle like this for the next 40-50 years it will simply not work and I'll, sooner or later, end up fat as ****. Just another day I guess. On a positive note, energy levels are up as never before.
    You can do it!

It s a change and you need to give yourself time to understand it, accept it, and use it to your advantage. Keep yourself aware of you tendencies and maybe drink some water with fiber, or brush your teeth, or drink coffee when you feel those tendencies arise. You are in control and you will make progress when you find all of the positives and use them in your favor.
    bloodchoke and tarmyg like this.

bloodchoke is offline Member
    This is one reason that I'm interested in short-estered, 6-8 week cycles. Call me what you will (I've heard worse, probably today), but 12 weeks is a long time for me to be a good boy.

Blog Entries
    As always I am listening to what you guys are saying. I ALWAYS carry water and as soon as I feel hungry that is my first choice and I am now adding some fiber to that (Fiber-packed Coke Zero, YUMMY). I am now also carrying my toothbrush (LOL) and I'll try that little trick and see if that helps a little bit. It is, a strange psychological dilemma this whole thing. I lived on WAY less calories during my cut but eating more is making me more hungry. Interesting! Bizarre? In terms of training/food I will make one slight modification, I NEVER ate before training and that always worked well. I have started eating before training and I think I will switch back so I delay food a bit. That tends to help me a little bit.

Your metabolism is improving. The more you eat, the more your body will require a larger amount of food. Typically, that is why cutting is difficult because you are lowering calories while your body wants more. It makes sense to me, because in my experience clean eating makes me very hungry and I will always consume more food eating that way and it just fuels the fire.

Blog Entries
    @RaginCajun

At your request I started a thread here: Wod
    RaginCajun likes this.

Blog Entries
    My weight has stabilized at 187lb and one interesting observation, it have become harder to eat as much food. It's like the body is saying, "This is your optimal weight so I'll make you less hungry". Body fat is somewhere 14-16% I would say. It is crazy how much my body responded after the cut. It is interesting to see what everyone is saying in action. The body was craving nutrients and as I never slowed down training once I started eating my muscles responded VERY favorably. Feeling like a million dollars and since I do not have to jump on a cut for another 6 months I can not wait to see what I can gain in that time period :-)

Blog Entries
    I can confirm that my weight really has stopped at 187lb at this time. It is 5 days since my last update and weight is still the same. It was weird during Thanksgiving not being able o eat as much. It was simply not possible. Maybe it is a temporary thing but, for me, it is odd. HGH is going fine with 1.8IU (0.6mg) per day, test-e at 200mg/wk, and currently 100mg tren -a (Got another 4 weeks on that). Upper body looks great really but abs like shit, covered in flab, except the top row that I can slightly see :-)

I got a call from one of the judges in the competition today asking if I was going for the finals in January. Told him I thought I did not make which he was was a bit surprised to hear. Not as surprised as me finding out I actually made it through. Regardless of what happened there, I am not even close to pull that one off at this time so I told him, see you next year. Guy laughed, ending with, yeah, guessing you'll be the only white dude next year also :-)

Blog Entries
    Wednesday morning here in India and I just finished Triceps and Biceps. Still got a quick 5k later today. Not doing cardio to control weight but to increase endurance as I plan on doing a run late in 2016 and need to get my muscles used to that kind of activity. Not been running for close to 10 years so I am getting help from my business partner who just certified himself as an Iron Man coach. Working out real well! I am feeling unusually tired for the past week or so and as I said previously, having a hard time eating what I need. Stuck around 2,400 - 2,600 kcal/day and I need more like 3,000 - 3,200 at this time. I am only eating "clean" foods at this time and maybe that is what is causing this. I hit up a local KFC yesterday and after the 6pcs meal fell asleep on the chair in the restaurant, also had a hard time finishing the food and let me tell you that is NOT normal for me. Got 4 weeks left on Tren -A and possibly that is causing some tiredness as that is one side effect. 12 weeks until more bloodwork so let's see what that says.

You may want to look into test/tren lethargy. Many feel very lethargic when they have high hematocrit levels. Sounds like this may be your issue.

Blog Entries
    Weight is still stable and strength is going up, new squat and bench PRs. I came down with something in the last few days so no training today until Monday. Done that mistake before of training while sick and, yeah, did not turn out so well. Missing a couple of days is not a big deal in the big scheme of things. I have only done my 5-day split with two 5km runs each week for a while as we got a company launch on Saturday and time is less. After that, I'll add back in my Crossfit 2 times/week. Truly looking forward to that one. Still hard to eat enough calories but I am squeezing in enough to gain so that is good. The overall feeling is good and I feel in general very energetic.

nice on the PRs! get well bud!

wondering if you have started the metformin or doing more research into it, saw that thread on it in the lounge

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    nice on the PRs! get well bud!

wondering if you have started the metformin or doing more research into it, saw that thread on it in the lounge
    Still researching that one. Want to know a bit more before jumping into it. Might wait for a clinical trial that is starting in the US to finish first. Do not really feel in any rush about it.

Still researching that one. Want to know a bit more before jumping into it. Might wait for a clinical trial that is starting in the US to finish first. Do not really feel in any rush about it.
    it definitely piqued my interest!

Blog Entries
    Strength is through the ****ing roof and people around me think that I apparently have gotten enormous. Guess they never met Marcus300 or someone like him :-) Honestly, I have gotten much bigger by pretty much force feeding myself food and working like a ****ing maniac in the gym. There is a lot of fat on the frame now, but I honestly do not care at this specific time as there is a long term plan. I have found a contest prep coach company who is going to help me to get ready for October 2016. They said we need to start around the beginning of March for me to be ready.

With all this strength my forearms have given up. There is a pain that comes as soon as I put any load on them, can not even lift my daughter honestly and she is 56lb. This means biceps training is completely out for a while and to a certain extent chest. Shoulders for some reason still works fine to workout. Back is fine as I can use straps and completely relax the forearms.

Put up a new profile pic on Facebook and people immediately asked what I am taking, such is life!

An interesting note for the real BB nerds, I have looked around for a new gym and went to one the other day and met up with Pavan Shetty who apparently also trains people there. I look like a matchstick next to that mofo. LOL.
    RaginCajun likes this.

Blog Entries
    Right now I am doing really well. I got another 12 days left on Tren -A and then it's time for an 8-week break from that. Going to be nice not having to pin EoD for a while but at the same time, it has been a remarkable experience. My BP is quite high, but I fully expect that to drop down to normal levels after I discontinue the Tren-A. Overall, quality of life is VERY high right now which is reflected in my work life that is going really well. As we all know, this comes and goes so I am enjoying it while it lasts.

Blog Entries
    I have slowly been building up my training and currently I am, most weeks, able to pull off the following:

Monday:
    Morning: Traps & Shoulders, 30 min elliptical
    Evening: 5k run, takes around 25-30 min

Tuesday: Legs & Chest, 30 min elliptical

Wednesday:
    Morning: Biceps & Triceps, 30 min elliptical
    Evening: Crossfit

Thursday:
    Morning: Back, 30 min elliptical
    Evening: 5k run

Friday: Chest, 30 min elliptical

Saturday: Crossfit

In terms of cycling, this is the current status. I am from today only on 200mg of Test-E/wk and 1.8iu of HGH. No more Tren -A until March 1 assuming blood test comes back Ok, can not wait for that honestly :-) What a ride this is and I got almost a year of this to go. BOYAA!!!

I have slowly been building up my training and currently I am, most weeks, able to pull off the following:

Monday:
    Morning: Traps & Shoulders, 30 min elliptical
    Evening: 5k run, takes around 25-30 min

Tuesday: Legs & Chest, 30 min elliptical

Wednesday:
    Morning: Biceps & Triceps, 30 min elliptical
    Evening: Crossfit

Thursday:
    Morning: Back, 30 min elliptical
    Evening: 5k run

Friday: Chest, 30 min elliptical

Saturday: Crossfit

In terms of cycling, this is the current status. I am from today only on 200mg of Test-E/wk and 1.8iu of HGH. No more Tren-A until March 1 assuming blood test comes back Ok, can not wait for that honestly :-) What a ride this is and I got almost a year of this to go. BOYAA!!!
    jealous of the cycle!!!

sounds like you are doing great!

i need to get back to doing two a days!

Blog Entries
    Today I walked into Crossfit apparently forgetting that I have Tennis elbow in both arms. After two rope climbs, my memory had refreshed itself and the pains were almost unbearable. I was doing really well before this with resting. I think I will ask for corticosteroid shots in both arms, take a couple or more of weeks off arms training and hope for the best. I am doing everything as recommended in my other thread, simply forgot today and paid the price. Such is life!

Today I walked into Crossfit apparently forgetting that I have Tennis elbow in both arms. After two rope climbs, my memory had refreshed itself and the pains were almost unbearable. I was doing really well before this with resting. I think I will ask for corticosteroid shots in both arms, take a couple or more of weeks off arms training and hope for the best. I am doing everything as recommended in my other thread, simply forgot today and paid the price. Such is life!
    damn man, i know the feeling!

i got/get them bad when i was on cycle, guess it is from pushing harder

hope you heal up
    tarmyg likes this.

Blog Entries
    I am about 2.5 weeks off Tren -A and from a strength perspective I am not noticing any difference, in fact, I have further increased my 1RM on pretty much everything. I am keeping up calories as best I can. I have stabilized my weight at 190lb since December 16, 2015. It's a bizarre feeling of not gaining any more weight even though I am eating pretty hardcore. I for sure have gained quite a bit of fat but that have stopped and right now I am only gaining strength. My next Tren-A run should theoretically start on March 1 which is the same day as my cut is supposed to start for the October competition. I have zero interest in starting a cut at this time TBH because this continuing strength gain is a bit intoxicating :-)

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Excellent bro!
    I hated tren -A, too much pinning for me! Up at 190lbs is good though mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Blog Entries
    Time to start logging a bit more. I am making my diet a bit more accountable so I am going to keep posting that. This is sort of a lead up to the cut that will start in March. Going to shoot for 3000 calories/day which an approximate breakdown of 300g Carbs, 180g Protein, and 120g of fat. I am, as much as possible, staying away from simple carbs which are something I have been eating for a while now ever since I changed my diet from Keto to a "normal" diet. I noticed quite many discrepancies in MyFitnessPal but not so much that I am switching just yet. Will look into other apps though.

Blog Entries
    Just back from the Doctor where I got two Corticosteroid shots. That and complete rest for 2 weeks is what I will do. Running, elliptical and such is fine so I guess that is what I will do. Two weeks in the big scheme of things is no big deal but as you guys all know, staying away from the gym is ****ing difficult.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    With MFP, its easy to amend the meals if they're not accurate. Or if you know a certain food or product are incorrect, add your own. Typically you'll see that foods are verified,and others voted/used by many people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsdsdsd.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	161240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sdsds.png 
Views:	172 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	161241

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    Just back from the Doctor where I got two Corticosteroid shots. That and complete rest for 2 weeks is what I will do. Running, elliptical and such is fine so I guess that is what I will do. Two weeks in the big scheme of things is no big deal but as you guys all know, staying away from the gym is ****ing difficult.
    Just do what you can and heal up

Blog Entries
    Back from the gym, 40 minutes on the elliptical and a quick 3km run on the treadmill.

Diet yesterday looked like this:

Totals 2,979 198 159 188 37 33
    Your Daily Goal 3,000 300 120 180 90 38
    Remaining 21 102 -38 -8 52 5
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar Fiber

Blog Entries
    Still not had a chance to train as of yet today. Just bought a jump rope and will train on double-under's until I can start lifting again. Of course, still elliptical and a quick run to go today!

Diet yesterday looked like this:
    Totals 2,794 303 140 110 66 33
    Your Daily Goal 3,000 300 120 180 90 38
    Remaining 206 -2 -20 70 24 5
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar Fiber

Too much fat? Are your protein sources lean enough?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Too much fat? Are your protein sources lean enough?
    Protein is almost exclusively Chicken and what comes in the oatmeal.

At this time, I am simply eating enough protein and filling the rest up randomly. February 1 I'll start controlling the other macros a bit.

Looked like this today with one meal left to go:

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread Information