Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: Less is More Log

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Less is More Log

Hi guys,

This is my new log where I will be documenting my journey from today's Photo shoot, October 6, 2015 (I did not make it, needed better conditioning the judge said) until the next one which is approximately 365 days away. I have called it Less is More and I will do this very slowly and I will do it using a Ketogenic diet. Will this maximize muscle growth? Doubtful, but the carbs I have tried to eat lately makes me feel so bad and makes me bloated in zero time that I have decided this is a better way for me. I will start at about 2595kcal (20g carbs, 190g protein, 195g fat) which is still a small deficit and eat like that for a few weeks or until I see weight moving in one or the other direction.

Diet:
    Ketogenic diet
    Macro breakdown - 20g carbs, 190g protein, 195g fat

Supplementation:
    HGH 1.8IU/ed throughout the whole year
    Test-E 200mg/wk
    Tren -A 100mg/wk

The Test-E and Tren-A will be rotated throughout the whole year.

I'll weigh-in tomorrow to have some starting stats. Had one last Pizza tonight before the start and also to end my cut that have been going on for a long time so weight might be a bit out of wack but it will correct itself in time.
    InternalFire likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    You know I will be following along!

What about potatoes?

Are you using a PT or doing it on your own?

What type of training are you going to incorporate?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    You know I will be following along!

What about potatoes?

Are you using a PT or doing it on your own?

What type of training are you going to incorporate?
    No carbs at all, or as minimal as possible. I simply feel like shit with them, hard to describe.

No PT, this I am doing on my own but I got a lot of excellent advice on here from a vet and I am using that. I learned so much during the cut about how my body works and how it responds to AAS that I am taking all that with me going into this. Diet should be pretty spot on.

I am doing 1h of Crossfit in the morning and 1h of lifting, focusing on isolation movements, in the afternoon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    No carbs at all, or as minimal as possible. I simply feel like shit with them, hard to describe.

So you've felt like shit more or less your whole life?

Blog Entries
    Beginning stats, October 7, 2015:

Weight: 168.5
    Bodyfat (DEXA): 9.5%

Ending somewhere in October 2016:

Goal: 175
    Bodyfat: 7%

Breakfast this morning (This is actually two meals)
    8 eggs
    260g of Bacon fried in 25g of butter and 100ml of Coconut Milk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    So you've felt like shit more or less your whole life?
    HAHA :-) Only time I actually felt awesome is when I am in a surplus and on no carbs.

Beginning stats, October 7, 2015:

Weight: 168.5
    Bodyfat (DEXA): 9.5%

Ending somewhere in October 2016:

Goal: 175
    Bodyfat: 7%

Breakfast this morning (This is actually two meals)
    8 eggs
    260g of Bacon fried in 25g of butter and 100ml of Coconut Milk

mmmmmmmmmmmm bacon!!!

Blog Entries
    I doubt I'll be updating this log as much as the cutting log simply because eating more food is not as difficult as cutting and motivation is way higher. My macros from yesterday were slightly off. Will probably happen from time to time but I feel absolutely amazing and energetic like crazy. Workouts feel like it is the easiest thing even though I am pushing as hard as I possibly can. This is a great feeling thus far.

Totals 2,592 13 186 134 4 0
    Your Daily Goal 2,595 20 195 190 95 38
    Remaining 3 7 8 55 90 38
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar Fiber

Blog Entries
    Morning,

I weigh in every day and I am still (Only 4 days in) dropping weight. I am hoping this will even out in a few days to another week or I will add 100kcal/ed. Calculations state 2850kcal/ed for maintenance, but I am confirming this with real world tests. I am receiving my shipment of HGH on the 23rd of this month. I buy so much in one go I buy directly from the company that imports it from America. I got enough Test and Tren at home to last me, almost, the rest of the year.

Here is what the diet looked like yesterday!

Blog Entries
    Ok, so you know those days when you wake up and you are hungry from the get-go? I do, and most of the time when I have a cheat day I do not record things, I just eat. However, yesterday I needed to eat more than normal and I decided to record every single thing that went into my body and here is what that looked like. The good thing is I for sure stopped the weight loss at this point :-) The funny thing is, for me, eating like this is ZERO problem, no wonder I used to be a fat ****!

Blog Entries
    Taking off for home, Upstate NY for a couple of weeks. Not been home in a couple of years and I will enjoy clean air, drinking water out of the faucet, and driving on the right side of the road among other things. Log might be a bit slow during this time as I will not train while I am away.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    Taking off for home, Upstate NY for a couple of weeks. Not been home in a couple of years and I will enjoy clean air, drinking water out of the faucet, and driving on the right side of the road among other things. Log might be a bit slow during this time as I will not train while I am away.
    Nice!

Enjoy your time bud!

Blog Entries
    Back home as of 3 am this morning and jetlagging like crazy. Gained some fat while gone but it was worth every darn bit of it. Not trained for almost two weeks now but will be back in ym tomorrow as normal and a second round at 4 or 5 pm with crossfit. I think the combination will take me to the next level, or I hope so anyway. We shall see in less than a year.

Blog Entries
    Clocked in at 171lb this morning which, considering how I ate the last 10 days, pretty darn good. I am of course back to a steady and controlled diet as of Yesterday which is 2,800kcal/day with a macro breakdown of >24g carbs, 216g fat, and 190g of protein. I started my HGH yesterday also. Got about a 3 month supply in the fridge at the time and will just stock up as needed. I will run a blood test at the end of the month and depending on what that says start with my Test and Tren combo. My blood test will always decide where this goes and if that is not in working order I will just hold off on things.

Workout today pretty much sucked however as I am jet lagging and felt pretty nauseous during the entire workout. Still got Crossfit at 5 pm and will hit that as hard as I can. Got 299 days to reach my goal and it would seem feasible at this point.

jealous of your cycle!

need to get my fat arse moving again!

glad you had a good trip home bud!

Blog Entries
    Saturday morning and I must admit that novastepp is having an effect on me, damn convincing that guy ;-) I am considering trying to use a carb-up day once/week using only complex carbs. Simple carbs are out as I bloat and feel, in general, miserable. I will wait at least one more week before, maybe, trying this as I need to read up on exactly how to carb up. From what I know at this point, and this might change, I would need about 465g Carbs, 190g Protein, and 20g Fat.

My Crossfit workout last afternoon went much better than the lifting in the morning. WoD was amazing and I felt strong as ****. I probably helped that I was the only one and the 4 pm group all stood around seeing how well I was going to do so giving up was not really in the cards ;-)

Blog Entries
    Monday morning and just as my cutting log I intend to write about what actually happens. The past couple of days has been difficult to stay on target. I can not really feel full and, as I have demonstrated several times to myself when documenting everything, can eat CRAZY amounts of food and not really feel satisfied (We are talking 6000+ kcal here). I think there might be an actual condition here so I am going to run some blood test, specifically looking at Leptin. What I do know is that, simple carbs, literally turns off the feeling of hunger so I am staying away from those. My wife, keeping it real, told me to stay away from ANYTHING processed (That include processed meats) as that do seem to mess me up. I am going to try that for a while and see how it works. Unless it is raw and I can cook it myself I will not eat it as when I do that I stay on target very well. Think I just got my solution, guess that is what happens when you write directly what's in your mind. :-)

Today I got Shoulders & Traps in the morning and 1h of Crossfit at 5 pm.

you don't think you are over doing it working out twice a day with weights?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hey t,

Are you planning on using Ronnies Slingshot method for this... Usually used at higher doses b4 sides creep(like SCBing) then drop down to a trt dose -

Ex - blast for 4-6wks drop down for 6 wks blast etc etc??

Best of luck w/the upcoming New shoot!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    How many rest days are you having?? How many hrs a night are you sleeping(or in the day as well if possible)??

I'm thinking along the lines of what RC has stated - you may burn yourself out and or overtrain to the point of having to rest and recover which could in reality make you go 2 steps forward 4 back - you know your body better than us... Just giving my opinion - as I've done this and burnt out rather quickly!

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Tarmyg, I'm subbed. Your reaction to carbs, specifically simple carbs, sounds identical to mine. Might be borrowing some ideas from you here. Good luck w/ your goals!

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Monday morning and just as my cutting log I intend to write about what actually happens. The past couple of days has been difficult to stay on target. I can not really feel full and, as I have demonstrated several times to myself when documenting everything, can eat CRAZY amounts of food and not really feel satisfied (We are talking 6000+ kcal here). I think there might be an actual condition here so I am going to run some blood test, specifically looking at Leptin. What I do know is that, simple carbs, literally turns off the feeling of hunger so I am staying away from those. My wife, keeping it real, told me to stay away from ANYTHING processed (That include processed meats) as that do seem to mess me up. I am going to try that for a while and see how it works. Unless it is raw and I can cook it myself I will not eat it as when I do that I stay on target very well. Think I just got my solution, guess that is what happens when you write directly what's in your mind. :-) Today I got Shoulders & Traps in the morning and 1h of Crossfit at 5 pm.
    your on the right track with the food. If it wasn't alive or grew from the ground I won't touch it and anything processed is a waste of time

Blog Entries
    I do not think so as I have only added 3h/wk in training and during my Crossfit time I am using pretty light weights and focusing on bringing my heart rate to the absolute max. But it is on my mind and should my body not respond well I will reevaluate it of course.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Hey t,

Are you planning on using Ronnies Slingshot method for this... Usually used at higher doses b4 sides creep(like SCBing) then drop down to a trt dose -

Ex - blast for 4-6wks drop down for 6 wks blast etc etc??

Best of luck w/the upcoming New shoot!
    Was not sure I was going to answer this question as some irresponsible moron might get ideas but I decided to answer. As diet determines success I am running very meager amounts of AAS. Here is what it looks like:

HGH 1.8IU/ed
    Test-E 200mg/wk
    Tren -A 100mg/wk, 8 weeks on 8 weeks off, this is assuming that my bloods come back in acceptable conditions.

I feel comfortable running this as I learned very well during my cut how AAS will do little to nothing unless my diet is in check.

How many rest days are you having?? How many hrs a night are you sleeping(or in the day as well if possible)??

I'm thinking along the lines of what RC has stated - you may burn yourself out and or overtrain to the point of having to rest and recover which could in reality make you go 2 steps forward 4 back - you know your body better than us... Just giving my opinion - as I've done this and burnt out rather quickly!
    As I said to RC, I have only added 3h/wk and this is mainly HIIT cardio as I am using light weights (I take Saturday and Sunday off). I get somewhere between 8-10h/night and when I feel a bit off I take 100mg Modafinil which gets me up and running again. I rarely use that though compared to when I was cutting. I am trying to be as careful to not overtrain as possible but I just listen to my body and when I feel completely worn out I rest.

Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    Tarmyg, I'm subbed. Your reaction to carbs, specifically simple carbs, sounds identical to mine. Might be borrowing some ideas from you here. Good luck w/ your goals!
    Thanks for following along.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    your on the right track with the food. If it wasn't alive or grew from the ground I won't touch it and anything processed is a waste of time
    Thank you, it has taken me a long time to understand how my body functions, I am a slow learner my any standard for some reason.
    Last edited by tarmyg; 10-27-2015 at 04:59 AM.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Just remember this game is all about figuring out what works best for you. We can only guid each other based on our own experience but I do know that we all react different to food. There are some basics but for the most part we all have a different nutrition plan to reach our goals
    DCI, SlimmerMe and AKD_FitChick like this.

Blog Entries
    I seem to be having a bit of a problem with the diet this time around. I think it is diet related anyhow. Even sticking to 2800kcal/day I am not feeling energetic enough for my taste. Something is off and I am not sure what it is at this moment. Saturday I have a blood test coming up and I hope that it will be in the ranges I want. Well, tomorrow is another day. Only did Back workout today and yesterday I skipped my 5 pm Crossfit. Maybe it is simply a slump!

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with the diet this time around. I think it is diet related anyhow. Even sticking to 2800kcal/day I am not feeling energetic enough for my taste. Something is off and I am not sure what it is at this moment. Saturday I have a blood test coming up and I hope that it will be in the ranges I want. Well, tomorrow is another day. Only did Back workout today and yesterday I skipped my 5 pm Crossfit. Maybe it is simply a slump!
    are you getting enough rest/sleep?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Was in total understanding of you may not have answered that ? Regarding SBCing or the slingshot method.... You are using the tren Ina manner that will burn fat like no other!

I'm sub'd and wish you all the best, t!

-Nach
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I'm not going to say what I want to say, but you know what that is

Is it possible you are overtrained and need to take a break? Don't ever undervalue the benefit of resting. Let your body recover and promote the anabolic environment from exercise and hopefully the reduction in fat as well.

Blog Entries
    are you getting enough rest/sleep?
    Still at 8-10h/night. Maybe it is not quality sleep somehow.

Was in total understanding of you may not have answered that ? Regarding SBCing or the slingshot method.... You are using the tren Ina manner that will burn fat like no other!

I'm sub'd and wish you all the best, t!

-Nach
    Thanks, I am hoping so.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    I'm not going to say what I want to say, but you know what that is

Is it possible you are overtrained and need to take a break? Don't ever undervalue the benefit of resting. Let your body recover and promote the anabolic environment from exercise and hopefully the reduction in fat as well.
    I am listening brother So Lets see how this goes :-) Here is my breakfast this morning:

You will most likely feel a blast from all those carbs. I know you like the fruit, but next time I would just eat oats and a smaller protein source to make up the cals from the fruit. Maybe... a few berries in a cup of oats with the milk, then a scoop of whey in water. Should off-set the need for the nanner at least.

And this is very trivial, but your calculations are incorrect in regard to macros and their corresponding cals.

For example, even with rounding, the banana contains 23g carbs and 1 g protein should be 24g at 4 cals each, which is 96 cals.
    Raspberries are 20g at 4cals each which is 80 cals, plus 9 cals from the fat gram which is 89cals.
    Milk is 20 at 4 which is 80, plus 63 from the fat which adds to 143cals.
    And the oats are 64 at 4 each which is 256 plus 54 cals from fat which is 310 cals
    total is 638.

Might matter over the course of an entire day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    And this is very trivial, but your calculations are incorrect in regard to macros and their corresponding cals.
    LOL, I got to report this to My Fitness Pal :-)

Blog Entries
    Well, I got sick Saturday with a sore throat and that is partially why I felt lethargic I think. I have also changed my diet now and will leave that alone for 4 weeks (As I always tell everyone else) and see what happens. The rate that my body is able to gather fat should be a science paper for someone I think, It is quite amazing.

Well, I got sick Saturday with a sore throat and that is partially why I felt lethargic I think. I have also changed my diet now and will leave that alone for 4 weeks (As I always tell everyone else) and see what happens. The rate that my body is able to gather fat should be a science paper for someone I think, It is quite amazing.
    I respect you greatly for practicing what you preach and taking the time to listen to your body and determine what is best for you. I'm sure you will find success, keep it up!
    tarmyg likes this.

Damn get well bud

I bet my body could beat yours in a race on storing fat!
    tarmyg likes this.

Blog Entries
    Weighed myself this morning and clocked in at 80kg (176lb). Now, I realize that there is a lot of water there due to carb intake and such but **** me, almost 14lb in a month. Well, I'll just keep plugging, got 3.5 weeks left to see where this diet is taking me so no rush changes.

My weight can fluctuate 5-7 pounds in a day in regards to water and carbs.
    NACH3 likes this.

Blog Entries
    hi brother im enjoying your log but im concerned you may be overtraining and your CNS is taxed....you may want to pull back a bit and see if you energy bounces back...maybe you would benefit more if you only did one workout per day...my 2 cents for free...good luck...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    hi brother im enjoying your log but im concerned you may be overtraining and your CNS is taxed....you may want to pull back a bit and see if you energy bounces back...maybe you would benefit more if you only did one workout per day...my 2 cents for free...good luck...
    More than one have brought this up so I am paying extra close attention to this and the slightest feel of something off I'll pull back on the workouts. I was back in the gym today and felt very energetic.

Can not say how much I appreciate the feedback guys. It is much appreciated!

More than one have brought this up so I am paying extra close attention to this and the slightest feel of something off I'll pull back on the workouts. I was back in the gym today and felt very energetic.

Can not say how much I appreciate the feedback guys. It is much appreciated!
    How long have you been performing your current training split? Are you adapted too much and maybe just need to change up the workouts? It can help you drive right through a lag.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Really enjoying this log, t!

While we are mostly all concerned with you and possible overtraining... You are the one who knows your body best... Just listen to it as you've been... I just had to take a full wk off b/c I didn't listen to my body - glad you've recognized that!

It's good that you've come down 14lbs... How much bf? It seems your opening up that growth window for a more anabolic environment for your body to grow in!
    Best,
    Nach

Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread Information