Liviu is offline New Member

Intermittent fasting, diet log, questions.

Hello!
    English is not my native language but I will put some effort in this writing, so you guys get to understand me.

I am 26 years old, 175 cm tall (like 5.9) and 88kg (194 pounds) , about 15% bf.

I am not new to IF. I tried training fasted a couple of years ago, when I didn't even know about IF and it's principles. I was training early in the morning so no time for breakfast. I loved that.
    This summer was my first time trying IF. I was fasted from 7.00 p.m. till 11.00 a.m., was training in the morning, so also fasted. I had good results and very powerful workouts. Not trying to loose weight.

Now I am working from 8.00 till 5.00, going to the gym right after work. I am fasting from 8.00pm till 12.30 p.m., so I am working out not fasted. I get to eat my first meal at 12.30, thats when I break my fast, go to the gym at 5.30, have my shake post w. and my second and last meal when I get home. I lost about 3 pounds in 2 weeks which is ok because I am not really in a caloric deficit, in fact not counting them at all, just trying to eat clean as much as I can in those 2 meals.

So there goes my confusion:
    From next week I am starting my cutting (or more of a recomp) diet.
    I will be eating 2000 calories per day (I think thats more than enough for me to lose weight) and getting these like: 250g protein, 150g carbs, 45-50g fats.
    One of the things that i can't decide is when to fast? I can leave it like it is but I like training fasted and isn't that in fact what IF is all about? Training fasted?
    One, and only way to do it from my opinion, is to fast for 20h and eat the other 4h. So it will look like that:
    My first meal will be just after working out, a big shake, at 7-7.30 p.m., after I will get 2 more meals until 11-11.30 p.m. So I will have to eat all my calories in a 4h window, and fast for the rest 20h. In this case i get to train fasted. Or just stick to 16/8 and have my first meal at 12.30 p.m. and my last at 8-8.30 p.m., train in between these hours.
    Those that tried a 20/4 split please help, and those that haven't what would you choose? Not to eat for 20h everyday is a real challenge.
    My goal is to get to 10% bf but not loosing too much wheight.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Stick with your 16/8 approach

Consistency is the key!

Check out lean gains dot com, lots of good info there

Liviu is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Stick with your 16/8 approach

Consistency is the key!

Check out lean gains dot com, lots of good info there

I will, thanks. So I should forget about fasted workouts.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liviu View Post
    I will, thanks. So I should forget about fasted workouts.
    no you can keep lifting fasted if that is what you prefer. as long as you are working out and lifting, you should be fine.

just do it for a few weeks and see what happens. reassess if you are not feeling it is working.

Thread Information