Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Splifton

Thread: Why i am not hungry?

applips is offline Junior Member

Question Why i am not hungry?

Hey Friends,

Just a quick rundown, i was fairly active person few years ago, bodybuilding and kickboxing i dont remember if i was ever been that lazy in my whole life, then unexpected happend. I have been away from my reguler routine for last two years due to my leg injury initially and later due to my laziness of getting used to and getting comfortable with an extremely unhealthy life style. Laying down on a couch watching tv, eating fast food twice a day everyday (sometimes 3 times a day) and large consumption of junk calories for two years brought my waistline to 42 inches.

Luckily i didnt put on too much weight or bodyfat, at least it was less than what i expected when i weight myself after 2 years.

My stats 2 months ago
    Weight : 109 KG
    BMI : 31%

My height is 182CM

My stats now
    Weight : 94 KG
    BMI : 23%

I did not starve myself to lose weight, my target was to lose weight slowly, 1 KG a week was good. I didnt rush or anything, only made few lifestyle changes such as started cooking again and eating healthy, started getting my macros right, no fast food, and started going back to gym (5x a week). Which made me lose about 15 KGs in 2 months and helped me bring down a bit of my bodyfat , more than what i expected but its ok to me - i still have a long way to go in terms of building muscles and my goals and where i was previously although i can see myself getting back my strength, getting leaner muscles (losing fat and building muscles at the same time , a debate for anyother day ) . i have lost most of my weight from my hips and thighs (yeah, i put on most of my body fat on my hips, whether i have a high estrogen levels or not is an other debate) although i have been on 2900 calories diet for last 2 months with 40/40/20 marcos (this macros index alway worked for me in past regardless of my goals, on 40.40.20 i get leaner and same thing happened this time).

To be honest, i wasn't really getting 2900 every day although it was good 2500 in form of lean calories.

Sorry for the long story but thought it might be helpful.

Now when i started gym or i should say restarted after 2 years i was hungry and having about 6 to 7 meals a day depending on the size of meal to get my calories intake (and yes my workouts from week 2 have been intense) but from the start of last week till now, i am not hungry at all. I get hungry after workout but just 200 grams of chicken and half cup rice makes me full not to never get hungry again. This started happening last week. I force myself to eat, i at least want 2500 calories a day .

I was just wondering if anyone has been through this type of situation when you dont get hungry. This never happened to me before.

I think the major factor might be my addiction to fast food and my body liked the change at the start but now it is giving up? Honestly i dont really miss fast food.

So weird, not sure whats going on and what should i do to fix it.

Cheer
    Last edited by applips; 12-16-2015 at 09:44 AM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    welcome!!!

what is your body fat percentage?

maybe you are eating too much if you are trying to lose some weight.

lay out your daily food intake and we can critique

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome to the forums! Like said above, give us your daily diet. Break it down to eat meal. What it was and how much of each thing.

The more detailed the better!

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    When you had your instance of binge eating fast food, did you ever notice any developmental signs of insulin resistance?
    applips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    welcome!!!

what is your body fat percentage?

maybe you are eating too much if you are trying to lose some weight.

lay out your daily food intake and we can critique
    Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    Welcome to the forums! Like said above, give us your daily diet. Break it down to eat meal. What it was and how much of each thing.

The more detailed the better!
    Thanks guys, Here is just a quick overview

(12 AM To 10 AM)
    Bulk Nutrients - Earth Protein (Chocolate), 30 g
    Mixed Berries - Frozen, 80 g
    Uncle Toby's (Australia) - Traditional Oats, 40 g
    Homemade Flatwhite - Semi Skim Milk, 350 ml

(10 AM To 12 AM)
    None - Chicken Breast, 204 gram
    Basmati - Basmati Rice (White), 195 g (1 Cup) or wholemeal buns

(12 PM To 3 PM)
    Broccoli - Boiled, 1 cup or green vegetables or fresh salad
    None - Chicken Breast, 204 gram or fish

(3 PM To 6 PM)
    Watermelon, raw, 400 g or fresh strawberries 100g
    Dymatize Nutrition - Micronized Glutamine, 1 Tsp 4.5g (not everyday, jus occasionally)
    Bulk Nutrients - Earth Protein (Chocolate), 30 g
    Fruit Apples - Apple, 2 medium apple
    Devondale - Skim Milk 99% Fat Free, 0.5 cup

(6 PM To 9 PM)
    None - Chicken Breast, 204 grams or Top Sirloin Steak or lean beef cubes
    Basmati - Basmati Rice (White), 195 g (1 Cup) or wholemeal buns

(9 PM To 12 AM)
    Hard Boiled - Egg Whites, 4 White
    Broccoli - steamed , 1 cup or green vegetables or fresh salad

I mix things up with other food as well such as Turkey mince lean or lean beef mince etc and meal sizes so this wont be the same everyday. Also although i try 40/40/20 at the end of the week its 37/35/27 or 38/36/25 etc (yeah my fat ratio goes up a bit)

My bodyfat has dropped to 23%

Edit, In addition guys, i am not on any fat burner or anything , i lose fat quickly naturally therefore never needed fat burners etc.
    Last edited by applips; 12-17-2015 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Splifton View Post
    When you had your instance of binge eating fast food, did you ever notice any developmental signs of insulin resistance?
    Hi splifton,

This might be the case and you might be right, when i did my last tests my sugar levels was a little high, which was most likey due to 1.5+ L of coke consumption daily for a long time period, basically i replaced water with soda (all type of junk sodas) although i didnt notice any symptoms or signs. The only thing in danger zone was my chlostrol levels which was basically the wakeup call for me. My doctor said if i dont make life changes now in next 3 to 4 years i will be taking chlostrol medication.

Edit: in addition, although i was consuming lots of soda i dont like sweets so luckily i wasn't eating chocolates or cakes or any other sweet treats during that time although fast food itself has lots of sugar + sodas + 1 L tub of ice cream a week so at the end of the day it was a large quantity of sugar
    Last edited by applips; 12-17-2015 at 04:54 AM.

Maybe cut down on fruit. And change out the shakes for something of real protien. I don't no what the buns are but I stay away from all breads well cutting.

White rice isn't the best rice to eat. But it's Not going to kill u.

Also, maybe drop cals down buy a 100 or 200.
    Etc me no how that helps out.

Maybe cut down on fruit. And change out the shakes for something of real protien. I don't no what the buns are but I stay away from all breads well cutting.

White rice isn't the best rice to eat. But it's Not going to kill u.

Also, maybe drop cals down buy a 100 or 200.
    Etc me no how that helps out.
    Thanks 73rr,

I would love to add some real protein instead of shakes but i force myself to eat and if i eat instead of a shake i will throw up for sure i want to eat though as you said.

I will certainly cutdown on fruits, cheers for that. Any reason for dropping down fruit though, the only reason i added berries was to help drop my chlostrol.

Buns i eat are wholemeal bread rolls (217 calories - 35C, 8.5P, 3.2F) i am a recovering fast food eater lol in my previous life burgers was the most important part of my life, i am slowly trying to cutting down the use of bread for sure. I buy 4 roll pack every week in which i use 2 or 3 weekly.

By Dropping calories, do you mean drop from 2900 to 2700 or from 2500 to 2300? I dont always get to 2900 calories mark.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i have your maintenance cals around 2400

if you are eating 2900 cals a day, you are eating too much to lose weight

Quote Originally Posted by applips View Post
    Thanks 73rr,

I would love to add some real protein instead of shakes but i force myself to eat and if i eat instead of a shake i will throw up for sure i want to eat though as you said.

I will certainly cutdown on fruits, cheers for that. Any reason for dropping down fruit though, the only reason i added berries was to help drop my chlostrol.

Buns i eat are wholemeal bread rolls (217 calories - 35C, 8.5P, 3.2F) i am a recovering fast food eater lol in my previous life burgers was the most important part of my life, i am slowly trying to cutting down the use of bread for sure. I buy 4 roll pack every week in which i use 2 or 3 weekly.

By Dropping calories, do you mean drop from 2900 to 2700 or from 2500 to 2300? I dont always get to 2900 calories mark.
    Like RaginCajun said. Your eating at a surplus. Drop down to around 2200 cals

noseeme is offline New Member
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but your avi suggests you may be a coffee drinker. If you're consuming a lot of caffiene (as I suspect you are to offset the sugar/sodas you said you dropped) you may be suppressing your appetite without much effort.

Just a thought.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by noseeme
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but your avi suggests you may be a coffee drinker. If you're consuming a lot of caffiene (as I suspect you are to offset the sugar/sodas you said you dropped) you may be suppressing your appetite without much effort. Just a thought.
    ^^^ true. I have used coffee in this way. I have skinny gf who drink coffee all day to stay slim.

MrFreshmaker is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    ^^^ true. I have used coffee in this way. I have skinny gf who drink coffee all day to stay slim.
    I drink more than 600 mg of caffeine per day,and i just can't stop eating! I don't think caffeine suppresses apetite!

noseeme is offline New Member
    It impacts everyone differently. I take 200 mg as my pre and by the time I finish my session I have to force myself to eat. That being said, and hour later I am ravenous.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFreshmaker View Post
    I drink more than 600 mg of caffeine per day,and i just can't stop eating! I don't think caffeine suppresses apetite!
    For me its kinda different, when i drink coffee my stomach feels so full but straight after coffee if i start eating or drink water it all goes back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    i have your maintenance cals around 2400

if you are eating 2900 cals a day, you are eating too much to lose weight
    Cutting it down to 2200 , thank you. I am losing weight very fast on 2500, cutting to 2200, this is speed up the weight lose process more, should i be worried?

Like RaginCajun said. Your eating at a surplus. Drop down to around 2200 cals
    Surething, will this impact the muscles gain i have?

Quote Originally Posted by noseeme View Post
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but your avi suggests you may be a coffee drinker. If you're consuming a lot of caffiene (as I suspect you are to offset the sugar/sodas you said you dropped) you may be suppressing your appetite without much effort.

Just a thought.
    It might be, i only have one medium flatwhite with skim milk (no sugar). I am kinda addicted to a moring coffee from a long time, if i dont have it i struggle to work or think. I am sleepy , so sleepy. Therefore i have 1 coffee at 10 o'clock in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    It makes me feel full too, to overcome that i drink water or have a small snack and that feeling goes away. Although i only have 1 coffee a day

Quote Originally Posted by noseeme View Post
    It impacts everyone differently. I take 200 mg as my pre and by the time I finish my session I have to force myself to eat. That being said, and hour later I am ravenous.
    Never tried it before workout, i tried creatine powder prework out couple of time which had caffeine in it but i am alway hungry after workouts regardless

Thread Information