Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat

Thread: Working with the Wife!

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member

Working with the Wife!

Ok so my wife has been working hard to loose some weight before we go on vacation. She is 54 years old, 5'1" and is currently 139. This is really good, she has lost 13 pounds since October, but has plateaued. I have been helping her with her diet some and now plan to get more involved. I did started her on clen , taurine, and potassum last week. Slowly tapering up 20mcg for 2 days then 40mcg for 2 days, she is on her second day of 60mcg. She is tolerating the sides well. She has super low blood pressure and low heart rate so that hasn't effected her...just minor shakes.
    She has been getting up at 5Am at least 5 days a week and doing 30 minutes of cardio and some lifting. Now that she is on the clen I need to get a good nutrition plan in place for her. I am struggling a little. She doesn't have consistent work hours like I do and when at work she is sometimes to busy to take 5 minutes to eat. So I need to make food choices that she can put in the back room (no fridge) and just pop it in her mouth chew and work at the same time making glasses for the patient.
    I have her TDEE at 1810 so 1310 would be a 500 cal deficit. Here is what I have so far with no foods plugged in. What do you think? Any good food suggestions for while at work? Most of the time she could get the 0900 in at home next 3 would be at work most days.
    0500 - wake up clen 80mcg, taurine and potassium
    0530 - 30 minutes cardio some weight training
    0600 - meal 1 – Post workout nutrition - 27g protein, 32.5g carbs, 4.35g fat
    0900 - meal 2 - 27g protein, 4.35g fat
    1200 - meal 3 - 27g protein, 4.35g fat
    1500- meal 4 - 27g protein, 32.5g carbs, 4.8g fat
    1800 - meal 5 - - 27g protein, 32.5g carbs, 4.8g fat
    2000 - meal 6 - BEDTIME MEAL - 27g protein, 4.8g fat

I will put her on keto before bed on day 21. I estimate her body fat at about 30% right now. At one time she was about 12% and ripped ... oh wait that was when she was 30ish! Still looks great IMHO and is very HWP!
    Last edited by bethdoth; 12-14-2015 at 02:04 PM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    maybe get her to start lifting more, going heavier on weights to see if she is really pushing herself

what about carb cycling now that she has plateaued some?

I have a hard enough time trying to get her to eat 1300 calories a day. I have to do everything for her right now and to plan a carb cycling diet for her would be difficult if i wasn't doing it too.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag
    I have a hard enough time trying to get her to eat 1300 calories a day. I have to do everything for her right now and to plan a carb cycling diet for her would be difficult if i wasn't doing it too.
    Hopefully girly will chime in

How many days is she hitting weights and is she hitting it hard?

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    i have a hard time eating 1300 calories every day too…and i am inconsistent which is my biggest problem.

her protein is a little heavy IMO
    what kinds of carbs is she eating? lots of fibrous carbs, veggies or rice/sweet potato
    does she metabolize carbs well? i am terribly carb sensitive and restrict carbs to 30 net per day….but i eat more fat and my body seems to like that much better
    i drink a gallon of water a day; more when i work out. drinking water helps me to eat less

the biggest change I made was from mostly cardio to weights. after spending YEARS in cardio classes my body was not changing. The best i have felt was lifting 3 or 4 days a week/ cardio only 2 times per week.

Weight training will build muscle and burn fat….cardio…burns fat. look leaner with more muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    DCI likes this.

I wish I had all the answers GGR, but it has been years since she has tried to get back into shape. She has been able to just eat and drink what she wants and not workout, with the end result being a slow gain in weight over 24 years. She is very active at work on her feet and moving 8 hours a day. She used to love to lift weights and was actually down to 99 pounds with good muscle tone at one point. Since starting her on clen she has been drinking at least a gallon of water a day and says she is never hungry. I keep telling her she has to eat and she says I can't eat if I am having to force myself to choke something down.
    A typical day of eating for her would be one of my protein pancakes for breakfast (oats,rice flour,whey protein,egg whites,and almond milk), for a mid morning snack she likes Greek yogurt , lunch is one of these fish/turkey/chicken with 1 cup cooked brown rice, then she either starves,goes and get a salad, sometimes she will eat cottage cheese for an afternoon snack. She gets home between 5:30 or 7:30 depending on schedule. She will then eat whatever I made for dinner/lunch the next day. Again mostly fish/turkey/chicken and a green veggie. Occasionally I will make boneless pork chops and Brussels sprouts or rib-eye steak and asparagus.
    So if I do the math
    Pancake 1F/15.58C/15.62P
    Yogurt 2F/27C/10P
    Turkey/chicken 4oz 3F/0C/26P
    1 cup cooked Brown rice 2F/46C/5P
    Cottage Cheese 5F/4C/12P
    Turkey/chicken 4oz 3F/0C/26P
    Green Veggie (Super food Pilaf) 5F/13C/3P
    total for the day if she eats it all 1001 calories 21F/105.28C/97.62P percents 18.87F/42C/40P
    I guess this really isn't to bad. She doesn't have time to cook so she is at the mercy of what i cook for me....hahaha

After 2 weeks of clen , clean diet, and doing 30-40 minutes of fasted cardio almost every morning she is still plateaued and not dropping any more weight. She is tolerating the clen well with minimal side effects, but now I have to add keto at night, so we will see.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Everyone metabolizes differently and I have to go lower on carbs. If I am not hitting 30-40 net carbs, I will not move any fat.

Suggest reduce rice. Add more protein and or fat.

My body like 50% P, 25% C and 25% fat.

Clen is not a miracle.

Thanks GGR I will re-work her diet and mine a bit. 6 weeks till vacation and she is stressing...she says if she doesn't loose more weight she is going one piece! I reassured her that she looks great now and could wear a bikini, but she is a stubborn Pollock. No clen sucks! I tried it for 4 days and couldn't handle the sides. She is doing fine with the sides, but it has not made any difference. I felt that maybe even the placebo effect might even help her and make her push just a little harder. Bottom line good clean diet, HIIT fasted, and weight training works most times!!!

Man this is really discouraging. As far as I know she has been doing what I tell her, I don't know if she cheats on her diet at work though. She has plateaued and not lost a pound in 6 weeks. She gets up at 5AM almost every morning, takes her keto, goes to our gym in the basement, weight trains for about 30 minutes, does about 30 minutes of cardio, waits about 45 minutes then eats the 2 protein pancakes I make for her and drinks her pot of coffee. Off to work normally 10-7 or 9-6. Comes home eats whatever I make for dinner. We have not been going out to dinner with friends but maybe once a week and then try to eat healthy (fish and cottage cheese). She does have a few drinks on the weekends but doesn't bing drink like I do on weekends.
    I feel she should get full labs to see what is going on, but she refuses to take estrogen. I have not provided any stats so here they are 54 years old, 5' 1", 139 pounds (all boobs and butt). She really isn't supper fat just has a few extra pounds on her belly.

Thread Information