• 1 Post By krugerr
  • 1 Post By DeterminedMuscle
  • 1 Post By krugerr
  • 1 Post By DeterminedMuscle
  • 1 Post By krugerr

Thread: Need some advice

DeterminedMuscle is offline New Member

Need some advice

Just wanted to share some pictures with you all and hopefully get an estimate of my body fat percentage. Also wanted to know where I should begin, should I lose some fat then start eating like a horse? Or should I start eating right away as I am now?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gainz.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	859.7 KB 
ID:	161932Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gainz2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	528.5 KB 
ID:	161933Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gainz3.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	554.6 KB 
ID:	161934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gainz4.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	532.9 KB 
ID:	161935
    Also Keep in mind Im flexing in some and not in others.
    Lastly here are a few other things to consider,
    1.) Im 19 and wont start using AAS until about 23-24ish
    2.) Im 5'9 150lbs
    Thanks for the help!!!

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeterminedMuscle View Post
    Just wanted to share some pictures with you all and hopefully get an estimate of my body fat percentage. Also wanted to know where I should begin, should I lose some fat then start eating like a horse? Or should I start eating right away as I am now?

Name:	gainz.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	859.7 KB 
ID:	161932Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gainz2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	528.5 KB 
ID:	161933Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gainz3.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	554.6 KB 
ID:	161934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gainz4.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	532.9 KB 
ID:	161935
    Also Keep in mind Im flexing in some and not in others.
    Lastly here are a few other things to consider,
    1.) Im 19 and wont start using AAS until about 23-24ish
    2.) Im 5'9 150lbs
    Thanks for the help!!!
    I didnt mean literally repost the whole thing! haha.

Right, lets get started. Do you have MyFitnessPal? If not, sign up, and put together a "typical" daily diet for yourself. We can then begin to critique and correct it for you.

Take a look at some of the other threads too, for inspiration if you've not written a diet before.

Haha!! I do have MyFitnessPal on my phone and will do! Thanks again for the help! I'm going to look at some other threads like you said and i'll post my typical diet here in a little while. (I've actually have been using MyFitnessPal for a while haha so I should have some foods in there already recorded)
    krugerr likes this.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    i started at 142lbs and was about as lean as you, i just ate like a horse till i got to 200 sloppy pounds then dieted down for my first show and for me it was at 156lbs and very low BF...so i guess thats my advice , eat lots but eat clean to limit the fat gain, eliminate carbs for breakfast, and time most carbs around training time this will allow keep BF under control bit better then i did when i was younger...

Haha!! I do have MyFitnessPal on my phone and will do! Thanks again for the help! I'm going to look at some other threads like you said and i'll post my typical diet here in a little while. (I've actually have been using MyFitnessPal for a while haha so I should have some foods in there already recorded)
    Excellent. Tracking your food is absolutely vital. Eating instinctively is just not going to work for 99.99% of people.

Ive got some details in my own accountability threads, and there are other ones here which may prove useful. I use it more like a diary, posting workouts and diet, mood etc. Its the best tool I have, interacting with people here keeps me accountable for my gym and diet. Its also good to have constructive feedback.

You should also take a look at Marcus HIT thread for some tips on training.

-Krugerr

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    welcome!

read through the bulk stickie and post up a diet for us to critique
    DeterminedMuscle likes this.

Okay here is my typical meals throughout the day....
    MEAL 1: Makeshift protein Shake
    2tbs Peanut butter
    1 scoop generic whey protein powder
    1 cup of milk
    1tbs greek vanilla yogurt
    2tbs sugar free jello (for flavor)
    MEAL 2: LUNCH
    2 cups of microwaved white rice with soy sauce and butter
    8-12 Oz chicken breast(with Heinz 57 sauce)
    Bottle of water
    MEAL 3: Varys
    Sometimes red meats like steak.
    Other days sandwiches (I usually try to limit my bread intake).
    SNACKS: Usually chocolate milk
    now that that's over I see where this can be improved.......haha.
    Any advice? And perhaps a suggested meal plan?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Okay here is my typical meals throughout the day....
    MEAL 1: Makeshift protein Shake
    2tbs Peanut butter
    1 scoop generic whey protein powder
    1 cup of milk
    1tbs greek vanilla yogurt
    2tbs sugar free jello (for flavor)
    MEAL 2: LUNCH
    2 cups of microwaved white rice with soy sauce and butter
    8-12 Oz chicken breast(with Heinz 57 sauce)
    Bottle of water
    MEAL 3: Varys
    Sometimes red meats like steak.
    Other days sandwiches (I usually try to limit my bread intake).
    SNACKS: Usually chocolate milk
    now that that's over I see where this can be improved.......haha.
    Any advice? And perhaps a suggested meal plan?
    that is a start

now go through each food and put up the macros (protein/fats/carbs) for each so you know how much you are eating.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    that is a start now go through each food and put up the macros (protein/fats/carbs) for each so you know how much you are eating.
    As RC said. Put this into MFP on the website, and there is a printable version. This will be much more user friendly.

Good start, but there's some clear areas we can work out.

Once we have the macros we'll start critiquing.

Sent from my iPhone using App

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I would aim at -7 meals per day or more specificly 3 solid (bigger meals) with 3 smaller meals (snacks) if you want to call it that. i often like to alternate carb and protein meals with fat and protein meals...usually my snack meals are shakes with flaxseed oil, maybe handful of almonds some fish oils, olive oil, avocado etc.

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-15-14-38-28.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	161937 OK here's my rough estimate of my macros, this is me trying to eat instinctively also something to note is that this isn't what I eat exactly everyday(dinner is always random, one day I might have pasta rather than steak). Last thing to mention is that this wasn't always my diet I used to be a fat kid growing up, (too many trips to grandmas house)I only started to thin out once I began playing football my freshman year....Thanks again guys for all the help and advice
    Last edited by DeterminedMuscle; 02-15-2016 at 04:10 PM.
    krugerr likes this.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Any advice?
    Yep. Start a daily log with a specific goal in mind–– within a certain amount of time. It will help a lot. This way you'll get on track plus stay on track.

Welcome!!

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-15-14-38-28.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	161937 OK here's my rough estimate of my macros, this is me trying to eat instinctively also something to note is that this isn't what I eat exactly everyday(dinner is always random, one day I might have pasta rather than steak). Last thing to mention is that this wasn't always my diet I used to be a fat kid growing up, (too many trips to grandmas house)I only started to thin out once I began playing football my freshman year....Thanks again guys for all the help and advice
    Right, youve got the right idea, food choices arent so bad. You need to break these down a little further though, as well as add some calories.

Do a new meal plan today, but this time aim for 2500 calories. Ive attached a copy of my meal plan to give you an idea. My Macro split is 45/45/10 currently.

Id simply stick yours at 40/40/20. Which means 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat.

250g protein
    250g crab
    55g fat

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	161942

Sounds Good thanks guys! I appreciate all the help, I'm coming up with a meal plan and now will be tracking it real close. I look forward to improving day by day!

Sounds Good thanks guys! I appreciate all the help, I'm coming up with a meal plan and now will be tracking it real close. I look forward to improving day by day!
    Excellent buddy, share your meal plan here when you get a chance.

Alright I still need to fill some calories in but how is this looking so far?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	103 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	161943 and any other suggestions to get me up to 2,500 calories?

I was thinking increasing my chicken at lunch from 8oz to10 while adding broccoli and then add another snack right before bed?

I was thinking increasing my chicken at lunch from 8oz to10 while adding broccoli and then add another snack right before bed?
    I think you should split that meal in half. 10oz of chicken is way too much in a single sitting IMO.

(5oz chicken // 0.5 cup rice ) x 2

Add some cottage cheese before bed. 150g-200g should be plenty.

Change the above and lets see it again.

Because Im quite interested in this thread, I took the liberty of knocking together your existing (with my changes) and then a better alternative. You'll see from the below attachements, i split your chicken meal, and added cottage cheese before bed. However I wasnt really happy with the way it looked.
    I restructured it for the second, switched your pork for chicken, and added oats.

I also calculated BMR at 1595 Kcal. I guesstimated 3-5 workouts a week which would put you at moderate modifier. All done, your TDEE is 2473Kcal. Which we can call 2500 for ease, so I think actually the second diet below will be a fairly good start for you, its a couple hundred calories over, which should see you start to put some weight on.

Just some suggestions. feel free to throw some greens in with the cooked meals. This isnt a perfect mealplan, id usually balance the meals a bit more so they were all of equal calories.

Name:	User - BEfore.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	161952

Name:	User - After.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	161951

O Wow! thanks krugerr! I like this meal plan a lot. I'll definitely keep you guys posted on how this is doing for me. In fact I just went to the grocery store yesterday and picked up most of these things listed. Only thing I left out was the oats and cottage cheese but I'll be able to pick those up after my class today. Alright, finally I got a better understanding on how to eat, all these years of lifting in high school I thought I could eat anything as long as I worked out haha, what an idiot I was! Thank you all for the help regarding my noob questions!
    krugerr likes this.

O Wow! thanks krugerr! I like this meal plan a lot. I'll definitely keep you guys posted on how this is doing for me. In fact I just went to the grocery store yesterday and picked up most of these things listed. Only thing I left out was the oats and cottage cheese but I'll be able to pick those up after my class today. Alright, finally I got a better understanding on how to eat, all these years of lifting in high school I thought I could eat anything as long as I worked out haha, what an idiot I was! Thank you all for the help regarding my noob questions!
    The only stupid question is the one you dont ask, my friend.

I , and many other here have all the time in the world for someone that is genuinely here to learn. As it seems you are.
    That diet is just a guide, if you dont like it, feel free to modify it and share it back with us. It was just a suggestion, and upon looking at it I should probably have added more calories. With your current size, and weight, feel free to add seasonings and sauces to things to add flavour. Syrup and a good hearty cheat meal once a week, satisfy your cravings.

Tips: Use raw weight or dry weight of things when weighing. This is much better way of measuring.
    Water, drink it like you're a fish. Try 1 gallon (4litres UK), you'll probably spend a lot of time pissing to start with!

Can you please jump on the scales first thing tomorrow, naked after using the bathroom, and before you eat anything. Try get a true weight and post it up. You said you use MFP, so log the weight there as well for your own little graph tracking.

Lets see how the weight changes, I imagine all the extra calories will see you jump up a few lbs to start with, and then it should level out into steady growth.

-Krugerr

Sounds good!I'll post my starting weight tomorrow morning! I'll be sure to keep you guys informed about my weight and how it changes in the coming months as well as to inform you guys if I modify my meal plans.

-DeterminedMuscle
    krugerr likes this.

Sounds good!I'll post my starting weight tomorrow morning! I'll be sure to keep you guys informed about my weight and how it changes in the coming months as well as to inform you guys if I modify my meal plans.

-DeterminedMuscle
    Start your own accountability thread here too.

"DMs Accountability" or whatever you want to call it, the post all starting stats, diet and training, along with some pics. Then you can keep it going a bit like a blog. Myself, TaxMan, Rhoag, SlimmerMe, RajunCajun, and lots of others all have our own accountability blogs. Its a great way to just interact and keep us updated.

Thread Information