• 1 Post By RaginCajun
  • 1 Post By krugerr
  • 1 Post By DeterminedMuscle
  • 1 Post By krugerr
  • 1 Post By DeterminedMuscle

Thread: DeterminedMuscles Journey

DeterminedMuscle is offline New Member

DeterminedMuscles Journey

Hey Everyone just taking up on the advice that I should start my own accountability page so that I can better stay on track of things. It's been about roughly one week since I've been counting my calories and really paying attention to my macros(Before I was Mainly relying on instinct). I will be hitting the gym later on today and look forward to killing it and continue making progress. Anyway i'll keep you all informed in the coming months. Also wanted to get an opinion on red meats. I know some cuts have a lot of fat. Thanks for the help!

-DeterminedMuscle
    krugerr likes this.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Glad you started this mate, but you havent been on since. Shame!!
    DeterminedMuscle likes this.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    Glad you started this mate, but you havent been on since. Shame!!
    Yea! Come on man, what's the update? Please don't tell me u gave up.

O No worries guys I'm still here! Been coming on the forum whenever I get a chance. Just been trying to soak up all the information that's available on this site, what a great place this really is! As far as how I'm doing diet wise, its been great! Been hitting the gym hard and I feel as if my diet is making a difference. For the longest time I thought I just could not physically grow anymore but once I started eating more and spacing out my meals I've gained a little bit of weight and have felt better at the gym. Only problem I seem to have is the price of chicken! Why's it gotta cost so damn much lol. At least tuna's cheap.

By a few pounds I mean 1haha! but it's still progress nonetheless !

Quote Originally Posted by DeterminedMuscle
    O No worries guys I'm still here! Been coming on the forum whenever I get a chance. Just been trying to soak up all the information that's available on this site, what a great place this really is! As far as how I'm doing diet wise, its been great! Been hitting the gym hard and I feel as if my diet is making a difference. For the longest time I thought I just could not physically grow anymore but once I started eating more and spacing out my meals I've gained a little bit of weight and have felt better at the gym. Only problem I seem to have is the price of chicken! Why's it gotta cost so damn much lol. At least tuna's cheap.
    I am glad you're enjoying the forums buddy! There is so much knowledge here.

You've gained 1lb, that's a start mate. Keep it up. Post your entire diet mate, maybe we can add a few more calories.

Chicken isn't that expensive,it's cheaper than steak!

Sent from my iPhone using App

Alright here it is. Keep in mind that i do indeed space my meals out! (Every 3 hours) Haha except for the protein shake I drink right after my workout which is just milk and the one scoop of whey. All the other snacks like the peanuts butter, yogurt, milk, banana, whey powder and oats are all blended together for a protein shake before bed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DeterminedMuscles Journey-screenshot_2016-03-12-08-05-20.jpg  

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeterminedMuscle View Post
    Look into turkey. Turkey is a good source of protien and isn't to expensive.

My lunch actually consists of 6 oz of chicken not 4 oz my mistake! Also to note is that I use sauces like Heinz 57 and Ketchup so thats a few more calories to add

Thanks 73rr I'll look into that! That'll also be good for changing things up from primarily a chicken and tuna diet!

(Update)
    Anyone know whats a good rate for me to be gaining weight? To be more specific whats the best rate for gaining weight with the least amount of body fat? Half a pound a week? Diet's been great also, been prepping my meals throughout the week and have enough spices to mix things up every once in a while!

(Update) Anyone know whats a good rate for me to be gaining weight? To be more specific whats the best rate for gaining weight with the least amount of body fat? Half a pound a week? Diet's been great also, been prepping my meals throughout the week and have enough spices to mix things up every once in a while!
    If you're eating +500 Kcal a day on your maintenance, you should be gaining around 1lb a week.
    How much are you currently gaining?

Forgot to mention that I've up'd my water intake as well. Been aiming for 48-64oz of water daily.

Currently it's been roughly half a pound a week, guessing I should throw in a few extra calories?

Currently it's been roughly half a pound a week, guessing I should throw in a few extra calories?
    Half a pound a week?
    I'd suggest adding another 250Kcal a day. See where that takes you.
    Slow and steady is the best approach here, you'll be an expert at your body of you continue this routine. You'll know how you respond to various calories and diet. Alongside that your gains will hopefully be lean mass, with minimal fat gain. If you heavily bulked and gained 2-3 lbs a week, you'd quickly get fat!

Hey guys sorry for not posting last week was really busy! Anyway I've up'd the calorie count about 150 ish and after weighing myself Im glad to say that I finally gained another pound. Gonna stick to this plan and see how it goes I'll keep you guys all posted!

Hey guys sorry for not posting last week was really busy! Anyway I've up'd the calorie count about 150 ish and after weighing myself Im glad to say that I finally gained another pound. Gonna stick to this plan and see how it goes I'll keep you guys all posted!
    excellent my friend. Glad to see its working.

Hey everyone another update here. Gained another pound and now I'm up to 155ish. I'll weight myself first thing tommorow morning to reaffirm this. Anyway other than that the diets been pretty good! In fact I tried some protein muffins some girl made for me in my nutrition class, stuff was amazing!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Hey everyone another update here. Gained another pound and now I'm up to 155ish. I'll weight myself first thing tommorow morning to reaffirm this. Anyway other than that the diets been pretty good! In fact I tried some protein muffins some girl made for me in my nutrition class, stuff was amazing!
    There you go!

As SlimmerMe says, slow wins this race!

Invite her over so she can teach you the recipe

Haha thanks ragin! And that sounds like a good plan!

Haha thanks ragin! And that sounds like a good plan!
    How's it mate? Training hard?

Hey Krugerr, sorry for the delayed response Haha. It's been great! Eating training everything! I've discovered the recipes thread on here and my word I've been in protein heaven..lol. Other than that my uncle started his cycle and goes to the gym with me once in a while!

I've also been prepping my meals for the week and it's a lot easier than most people think

I've also been prepping my meals for the week and it's a lot easier than most people think
    Excellent brother! Way to go!

Your uncle pushing you hard I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    Excellent brother! Way to go!

Your uncle pushing you hard I hope!

Yes sir! All the time

Hey everyone just updating you guys. As usual the diet has been going great and so has my training. Although i must say i think my gym is becoming more packed day by day But this usually happens to it around the beginning of summertime. I also recently saw a buddy of mine from high-school who used to be a complete twig maybe weighing 140ish who just got completely shredded and jacked. He's got to be at least at 160 atm.

Anyone try that Fair-Life milk? Supposed to ultra filtered with less fat and less sugar than regular milk. Of course the price is jacked for a half-gallon though. I'll just be sticking to my newly adopted 1% milk, used to be whole milk everyday but the 1% helps me hit my macros with ease.

Just another update here diet has been good but last week was a setback unfortunately. Instead of one cheat meal I had two cheat days. At first I felt real bad about it but then soon realized there's gonna be some set backs which helped to ease my mind. Just gotta keep in mind that its about the journey not the destination.

Back again and doing good! Weight is up to about 162lbs and I'm getting incredible pumps at the gym. I might have to increase calories as I've been 162 for almost about 2 and a half weeks now...as usual I'll keep updating

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Back again and doing good! Weight is up to about 162lbs and I'm getting incredible pumps at the gym. I might have to increase calories as I've been 162 for almost about 2 and a half weeks now...as usual I'll keep updating
    Keep up the hard work!!!!

Hey guys! Just wanted to inform you guys on the progress. First off I gotta say I think I can actually see my abs a bit better than before though idk yet if this is just me and my head playing tricks on me. Diet has been great and I'm seeing some minimal progress. It just takeseems foreveeeeeeerrrrr. Lol but I ain't ever gonna quit until I win.
    krugerr likes this.

Hey guys! Just wanted to inform you guys on the progress. First off I gotta say I think I can actually see my abs a bit better than before though idk yet if this is just me and my head playing tricks on me. Diet has been great and I'm seeing some minimal progress. It just takeseems foreveeeeeeerrrrr. Lol but I ain't ever gonna quit until I win.
    Hey brother, good to hear you're making progress!

Get some pics up so we can see!

Hey everyone been gone for a while but I wanted to let you all know that I haven't given up! I've just been patiently waiting for an opportunity to post some progress pics and finally I think I have some that are worth showing. The process was slow but time and effort is all you need. And a lot of food of course the pic on the left was me at 155lbs and to the right is the current pic of me post leg day at the gym at 165.8lbs. Granted I know it's not a drastic/ radical transformation by no means and in the pic to the right I do have superior lighting. But it's progress nonetheless. I've also notice my strength to have gone through the roof! Needless to say I'm satisfied so far with my progress and continue to look forward to add upon this in the future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DeterminedMuscles Journey-2015-08-19_00.18.09.jpg   DeterminedMuscles Journey-snapchat-158967891239157612.jpg  
    krugerr likes this.

Hey everyone been gone for a while but I wanted to let you all know that I haven't given up! I've just been patiently waiting for an opportunity to post some progress pics and finally I think I have some that are worth showing. The process was slow but time and effort is all you need. And a lot of food of course the pic on the left was me at 155lbs and to the right is the current pic of me post leg day at the gym at 165.8lbs. Granted I know it's not a drastic/ radical transformation by no means and in the pic to the right I do have superior lighting. But it's progress nonetheless. I've also notice my strength to have gone through the roof! Needless to say I'm satisfied so far with my progress and continue to look forward to add upon this in the future.

Progress is progress. 10lbs is a good start. Keep eating and training. Push that food up some more.

PS - Get some pics of legs and Tshirt fully off so we can see shoulders/chest. Ask someone to help?

Thread Information