Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tarmyg

Thread: Help With Following the Pre-Contest Diet Please !!

AMBH is offline New Member

Exclamation Help With Following the Pre-Contest Diet Please !!

Hi All,

I started following the 'Female' Pre Contest (Low carb diet); Daily Totals:Calories (KCL): 1541,
    Protein (PT): 174, Carb: 21, Fat: 75.

I am not a fitness or bikini competitor or anything i just enjoy working out and trying to get as fit as i can. I train 6 times a week (Saturday to Thursday- rest on Fridays) and this diet is doing wonders for me but i have a few questions which i was hoping you guys could answer as i am approaching the end soon.

I am going into week 7 out of 12 tomorrow. So far, every week I have been replacing the fats with greens (either green beans or broccoli) at least 2 or 3 days. On cheat meal days i eat the 5 meals with the fats(peanut butter- cashews and almonds) and on the 6th have the cheat.

I was wondering 1. When should i stop having cheat meals? What week is recommended to remove them completely? I only started having them on Week 3/4 so far including last nights i have had 3 cheat meals total since i've started the diet.

2. I am confused about what i should be doing differently on the last and final week (Week 12), if someone could explain how i should eat on that final week in more detail i would be grateful. I don't get how the carb up works on this week, like what should my 6 meals look like for this week? The final week is based on their being a show on a Saturday which i don't have so im just a bit lost.

3rd and final question is; Once i am done with this diet what do you recommend i should do? I don't want to bounce back as sticking to this diet has really helped and i want to continue sticking to a plan. I was thinking of carb cycling for a while?

Thank you !!!
    Last edited by AMBH; 04-08-2016 at 10:52 PM.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AMBH View Post
    3rd and final question is; Once i am done with this diet what do you recommend i should do? I don't want to bounce back as sticking to this diet has really helped and i want to continue sticking to a plan. I was thinking of carb cycling for a while?

Thank you !!!
    This is the only piece I can somewhat answer I think. There is a very good write-up on this subject here The cost of getting lean: Is it really worth the trade-off? | Precision Nutrition but in general, there is no way and not recommended to try in stage condition for extended periods of time due to health concerns. Most coaches will get their clients back to 8-10% range minimum as fast as possible due to the effect stage condition has on your mental capabilities.
    AMBH likes this.

AMBH is offline New Member

Talking Thanks

Thank you, will get reading now x

Thread Information