ePeeZy is offline New Member

Diet Advice/Confirmation wanted

Hey guys, I've been posting around on the forums here for a couple of days now, and there are some really knowledgeable guys on this site, so I'm hoping to pick your brain a bit.

Stats:
    25 YO
    6'6"
    250 lbs
    13.5% ish BF

I have been stuck at this % for quite sometime, I did an 8 week keto diet that dropped me from 20% to about 15 - 16% naturally, then cut to 13.9% using a carb cycling approach. But since starting my current cycle (this is end of week 6) I have been at a stale mate on my BF. So I read through the stickies on here and calculated my TDEE and broke down my percentages based off that advice and I came up with the following:

3760 Calories/day to be in a 500 calorie deficit
    40/40/20 was the standard recommendation, but I upped the protein a bit and lowered carbs...
    400g - Protein
    340g - Carbs
    75g - Fat

Here's the problem, I am honestly a little scared to eat this much Carbohydrates. I gain BF easily, so I've always leaned towards lower carb. But I have been eating waaayyyyy under this number for several weeks now, like way under (2200 - 2500 calories/day). So maybe this is why I am stalling, and I need a change to kickstart my results.

Just looking for advice/encouragement/input. Do you guys think I should eat this many carbohydrates while cutting? I feel like that's insane. I want to compete next year and I want to get my diet on point, but 300g of carbs a day??? I normally do that when I bulk, seems illogical to do it while I cut.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks guys!
    Last edited by ePeeZy; 04-21-2016 at 04:29 PM. Reason: added age

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What's your cycle?

Cardio plan?

Carbs aren't the enemy for most people, particularly when fats are kept fairly low. On 3750cals per day my carbs would be around 450-500g per day. Honestly, I think your protein is overkill, I'd be saving some money and potential health issues by reducing it.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I'm running 16 weeks

Weeks 1-16 500mg Test E
    Weeks 1-15 650mg EQ
    Adex .25mg E3D
    (Just had blood drawn today so I'll know a bit more in a couple days)
    I'm TRT so no PCT

Fasted Cardio every morning for at least 30 mins, usually closer to 45 mins. I lift after work around 7pm

You're the first person ever to tell me my protein is too high, I agree, but everyone gives me shit about it being too low. Currently I eat 300g/day of protein, the above plan is what I plan to do starting next week. What changes would you make to macros?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    EQ and you are cutting? Why?

Protein 350g or so because you are on cycle but off cycle I'd go a little lower.

Fats 70-80g

Carbs the remainder.

That's me though but if you think you need as many cals as 3750 to cut then you'd have to account for a lot of carbs. I know people who are terrible with carbs and would rather sub proteins and fats and just keep carbs around workout times.

TBHwith your stats you probably have you diet figured out better than most already.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I like EQ when I cut because it doesn't bloat and the connective tissue repair it provides makes me feel better while eating lower calories.

Yea I mean I've made a lot of progress not doing anything like this, I usually do 120 - 150g Fat, Protein 300g, and carbs at 75g or less when cutting, with a refeed on Sunday where I'll have 300 to 400g carbs. I'm just stalled out and getting pissed week after week not seeing any drop in BF.

I don't think I need that many cals, that's just what the math suggested based off the info on the stickies here, and I'm looking for something to help me start making progress again, so I figured why not give it a shot, hence why I posted, I wanted to get a 2nd opinion from guys like you.

Thread Information