Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member

Artificially sweetened "Cheat meals"

Been using the search button but haven't had any luck. Just looking for any no calorie cheat meal ideas to take care of a sweet tooth during contest prep.

Last prep I would use diet sodas (mainly a&w rootbeer), and a couple of walden farms sauces: chocolate syrup and caramel dip.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i really don't know of any 'no calorie' cheat meals, but you can make some different types of desserts

i like to make a cottage cheese type ice cream/pudding

there are a few recipes in the recipe section, but not sure any will be calorie free.

some calorie free cheats to me would be getting some sugar free koolaid or something like that and freezing it to make popsicles. you could also maybe get some isopure protein powder (one that dissolvers clear) and freeze it to make something.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    i really don't know of any 'no calorie' cheat meals, but you can make some different types of desserts

i like to make a cottage cheese type ice cream/pudding

there are a few recipes in the recipe section, but not sure any will be calorie free.

some calorie free cheats to me would be getting some sugar free koolaid or something like that and freezing it to make popsicles. you could also maybe get some isopure protein powder (one that dissolvers clear) and freeze it to make something.
    I have tried freezing isomer protein but it didn't turn out as i expected... just wasn't very sweet. I really like that koolaid idea though. Especially considering summer is right around the corner lol.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Personally I stay away from artificial sweeteners. I would rather use real sugar. Your body doesn't know what to do with the fake shit IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    Personally I stay away from artificial sweeteners. I would rather use real sugar. Your body doesn't know what to do with the fake shit IMO.
    For the typical gym rat, or an off season competitor, I completely agree with you. But when you're nearing the last 6 weeks before stepping on stage, you just can't afford to be adding 50+ grams of sugar... Artificial sweeteners aren't the perfect route, but just something to have as a plan B to keep you sane lol.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Sugar free JELL-O hits the spot on a hot day.

MIO makes a really good calorie free lemonade flavor.

They also make a sweet tea flavor.

It's not as good as the lemonade, but if you mix them you get a decent Arnold Palmer.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere
    Sugar free JELL-O hits the spot on a hot day. MIO makes a really good calorie free lemonade flavor. They also make a sweet tea flavor. It's not as good as the lemonade, but if you mix them you get a decent Arnold Palmer.
    Yes!

Totally forgot to mention sugar free jello and also pudding!

Good call

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Yes!

Totally forgot to mention sugar free jello and also pudding!

Good call
    I was going to mention sugar free pudding but it has 32 carbs in a box plus the macros of 2 cups of milk.

Still for 50 cents, sugar free pudding is one of my favorite cheat meals.

Thread Information