Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RaginCajun

Thread: Please critique my cutting diet/strategy!!!

spykemalo is offline New Member

Please critique my cutting diet/strategy!!!

Hi,

Your feedback is much appreciated. Please let me know your thoughts on this and any changes you may recommend.

I have researched a lot of the forum to come up with this, and most of my decisions were based on Rambo's thread on cutting.

I am currently 23 years old, 190lbs, approx 25%-30% bodyfat (the person who took my measurements was not very precise, i will re-do tonight to get exact). I have trained between ages 17-20, and then stopped for 2 years. I got extremely fat, I was up to 275lbs. Over the course of the last year, I dropped to current weight of 190lbs - mostly from cardio and P90x and just a regular calorie deficit diet.

Now I am planning on getting my diet and workout to an optimum level and getting back into the gym lifting.

I have calculated my TDEE at approx 2700 calories - considering I will be doing AM cardio 6x a week, and weight training 5x a week.

Based on that I am intending on consuming approx 2200 calories per day - 49g FAT / 180g CARB / 249g PRO

My daily plan will go as such ----

6am WAKE UP
    - 1 scoop BCAA
    - 1 scoop Glutamine

6:30am-7:30am FASTED CARDIO
    - Low intensity, THR 127-138 BPM

7:30am MEAL 1 (PRO/FAT)
    - 1 Whole Jumbo Egg - 90 Cal. 5g FAT, 1g CARB, 8g PRO
    - 4 Jumbo Egg Whites - 144 Cal. 4g CARB, 32g PRO
    - 1 Tablespoon Flax Seed Oil - 130 Cal. 14g FAT
    - 2 EFA - 20 Cal. 2g FAT
    - Vitamins
    TOTAL MACROS ------ 384 Calories. 21g FAT / 5g CARB / 40g PRO

10am MEAL 2 (PRO/CARB)
    - 1/2 Cup (uncooked) Oatmeal - 150 Cal. 3g FAT, 27g CARB, 5g PRO
    - 6oz Lean Chicken Breast - 195 Cal. 3g FAT, 36g PRO
    - Fibrous Veggies - 48 Cal. 12g CARB
    - 1 scoop Glutamine
    TOTAL MACROS ------ 393 Calories. 6g FAT / 39g CARB / 41g PRO

12noon-1pm WEIGHT TRAINING

1pm MEAL 3 (PWO Nutrition)
    - 1 1/2 Scoop ON Gold Standard Whey - 180 Cal. 2g Fat, 5g CARB, 36g PRO
    - 1 Scoop BCAAs - 20 Cal. 5g PRO
    - 1 Scoop MuscleFeast Dextrose - 184 Cal. 46g CARB
    - 1 Scoop MuscleFeast Maltodextrine - 144 Cal. 36g CARB
    - 200mg R-ALA
    TOTAL MACROS ------ 528 Calories. 2g FAT / 87g CARB / 41g PRO

3pm MEAL 4 (PRO/CARB)
    - 1/4 Cup (uncooked) Brown Rice - 160 Cal. 1g FAT, 35g CARB, 4g PRO
    - 6oz Lean Chicken Breast - 195 Cal. 3g FAT, 36g PRO
    - Fibrous Veggies - 48 Cal. 12g CARB
    - 200mg R-ALA
    TOTAL MACROS ------ 403 Calroies. 4g FAT / 47g CARB / 40g PRO

6pm MEAL 5 (PRO/FAT)
    - 5oz Lean Ground Beef (96/4) - 176 Cal. 5g FAT, 28g PRO
    - 1/2 Scoop ON Gold Standard Whey - 60 Cal. 1g Fat, 2g CARB, 12g PRO
    - 2 EFA - 20 Cal. 2g FAT
    TOTAL MACROS ------ 256 Calories. 8g FAT, 2g CARB, 40g PRO

9pm MEAL 6 (PRO/FAT)
    - 2 Tilapia Fillets - 220 Cal. 6g FAT, 42g PRO
    - 2 EFA - 20 Cal. 2g FAT
    TOTAL MACROS ------ 240 Calories. 8g FAT / 42g PRO

11pm SLEEP
    - 1 Scoop Glutamine before bed

Will drink 1.5 gallon water per day.

What do you guys think?

Thank You!!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Welcome!

Looks like you did your homework

I really don't like all the stuff in your post weight training meal, would rather see some rice or potato instead of all that muscle freak stuff. If you already spent the money on it, then just run it, but I think real food works better.

Eat your plan for about 2-3 weeks and reassess. Keep this thread going to track your progress, it helps!
    kinetixtrainer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Welcome!

Looks like you did your homework

I really don't like all the stuff in your post weight training meal, would rather see some rice or potato instead of all that muscle freak stuff. If you already spent the money on it, then just run it, but I think real food works better.

Eat your plan for about 2-3 weeks and reassess. Keep this thread going to track your progress, it helps!
    Thanks for replying!
    I did already buy all that stuff. Like you said, I will use it for now....maybe a month into this I will switch up the dextrose/maltodextrin with some white rice to achieve a similar fast acting effect. What do you think?

Yes I will start a new post soon and track the progress.
    I already started on it for the past 2 days - pretty excited to see what my 2 week intervals are going to look like.

kinetixtrainer is offline Junior Member
    Looks like a solid plan. The only suggestions I would add is opt for real food any time you can over supplements and aim for slow steady fat loss to hold onto as much of your muscle as possible.

I don't know what your using to track your macros and calories. But Myfitnesspal has been great for me. It works great for tracking your intake while on the go.

Good luck with your cut.

Quote Originally Posted by kinetixtrainer View Post
    Looks like a solid plan. The only suggestions I would add is opt for real food any time you can over supplements and aim for slow steady fat loss to hold onto as much of your muscle as possible.

I don't know what your using to track your macros and calories. But Myfitnesspal has been great for me. It works great for tracking your intake while on the go.

Good luck with your cut.
    Yes, definitely going the slow and steady route. In the past I would go all out and drop my calories to 1400-1700 per day and I would lose weight really quick. But maximum I have ever been able to hold it for was 3 weeks....afterwards I would binge the **** out and it would take a while to regain control of myself....only to repeat lol. I played that up and down game for like a year....definitely got results, but probably because I was just overly fat before.

Its crazy how right now I'm dieting but I'm not really going hungry in between meals.
    From a psychological perspective, it feels as if I am not dieting as much as I should be for my goals and that I am eating too much....but I think that's just because I am so used to doing it the wrong way.

As far as tracking, I'm not sure what you mean. I eat the same thing every day, portions pre-made exactly to the spec's I posted above.

Also, for anyone that may have the answer to this.....considering the diet I've planned above, with it not really being any kind of crash diet or anything, is there any point to having a cheat meal or carb-loading? Or would it be no problem if I just keep it 100% consistent?

Thank You!

So....its been about a week that I have been on this diet. I am definitely leaner in the mirror and my clothes are looser on me, but I just got on the scale, and it showed that I have gained 2 pounds LOL.
    Anyone have an opinion on this?
    I'm thinking it might be because for the past year I have only been doing cardio/P90X and now that I am back in the gym doing heavy lifting, I might actually be making some noob gains even on a calorie deficit.
    What do you guys think? I can't really come up with any other explanation.

Also, I am debating on changing up my diet on 7th day of every week. 6 days of what I posted above, and day 7 something different. Maybe just having brown rice with lean meat all day in an amount that still hits my cutting macros or maybe bump up to maintenance levels? I wouldn't be training on day 7, probably only cardio in the AM, if even that. Maybe it would be better to drop my carbs really low on that day? Let me know if something like this would have a good impact on my overall results.

Thank You!!

kinetixtrainer is offline Junior Member
    OP: tracking with an app like myfitnesspal or something similar. This would allow you to switch up your foods and not burn yourself out on the same freaking food day in and day out. If you're doing a slow cut it will be a lengthy marathon not a sprint.

Your weight gains very well could be muscle gain. But make sure you're using the same scale and you weigh your self under the same conditions. ie... first thing in the morning after taking a piss and nude. Different times of the day your weight may fluctuate due to water retention or food on stomach.

Cardio is an option just be aware it will put you into that much more of a calorie deficit. If you are doing a slow cut to preserve muscle just take that into consideration.

good luck

Thread Information