Josh577 is offline Associate Member

Confused abt bmr and tdee

I've read just abt all the stikys in this section today, I have the day off so I'm really trying to focus on this section of the site. I've figured up my bmr and tdee. My bmr is 2,800 and my tdee is 4,340 I want to lose body fat and cut my waight. I read the sticky on carb cycling for cutting, I like that but I also watched milos sarcev secrets of the pros and I thank I'm a endomorphic body type. He says I should keep my carbs at a 100 grams to lose weight, I'm confused abt the hole thing right now. I'm 6'7" 315 pounds. I would say my bmi is around 30 to 35% and I want to get down to 280 or less so how would I figure my bmr and tdee and my protein n carb needs being this over weight? I've already lost 50 lbs at this point by cuting out all beer and soft drinks and eating more often with higher protein. I like this carb splitting routine that I just read on here but I feel like if I go by the tdee that I come up with from the Harris Benedict formula I'll start to gain waight becuse my bmi is so high. I feel like I would be taking in protien an carbs for some one with a lot more muscle. Can some help me pls.
    Last edited by Josh577; 04-29-2016 at 08:55 PM.

did I say somthing wrong? I'm trying to figure my self a dite an only use this site for references. I'm really stuck on how many grms of protein An carbs I should take in from where I at with this much body fat. I hit the scales this morning I'm down to 305 now. I don't know if I should just figure up my diet just like I was a 305 man with 12% body fat? It's seem the formula used for the tdee is for some one with low body fat already so would some one with more body fat use a differ formula? Thank you.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I would have you eat at around 3200-3600 cals a day for 2 weeks to see how your body responds. I would shoot for around 220-250 grams of protein a day, about 50-100 grams of fats, and the rest carbs. What does your typical day look like? What/how do you like to eat, small meals, or larger meals? Are you doing any cardio? Lifting any weights?

Thank you! I was starting to thank nobody liked me... Lol yes i am going to the gym three to four days a week to lift and cardio on the other days win I'm not dead, I'm a union pipe fitter. I've been working 7 days week 13 hours a day seens agust 1. I'm always on the road working, living alone in motels and apartments all over the United States makes it vary hard to have a good rutine, it's even harder to work the hours, hit the gym, make my meals and steel have time to take care of my day to day needs. I'm not making excuses, I'm spending a lot of time reading every thing one this site trying to come up with a plain.

I understand it's hard to eat good when you are in motels/hotels. If possible, cook all of your meals at one time and pack them in an ice chest to the hotel. There are normally little fridges and microwaves in them.

Download myfitnesspal to help track everything. It is really easy peasy

Thank you. Is that an app for iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh577
    Thank you. Is that an app for iPhone?
    Yep and you can customize it to fit your goals

Thank you I really appreciate it .

Ok added it up, if I do
    250 grams of protein
    100 grams of fat
    On 3200 cal.
    That leaves 325 grms of carbs if I've added it up right.
    if I split that up over five or six meals geting simple carbs in the morning and befor I work out, 2 meals. Fast carbs right after my work out meal three. No carbs in the other three meal. You thank I could start there to see if I maintain or lose? If I don't lose do you thank I should start cuting back the calories 300 to 400 a day threw carbs. What do you thank.

Start there and go for about 2 weeks. Make sure you are weighing yourself in the same manner every time. Meaning, first thing in morning after you relieve yourself. After the two weeks, if you are being consistent, you should see something happen. If nothing happens, then we can lower the cals by about 300 cals by taking away some fats.

Also, one day a week for cardio, do some sprints instead of long slow cardio. I like to do some uphill sprints and only resting a minute between sprints. Start out with only 5-7 and work your way up. Speaking of which, I need to start doing again!

Consistency is the key to this lifestyle.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 05-01-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Thank you brother

Quote Originally Posted by Josh577
    Thank you brother
    No problem, we are all here to help and learn

Thread Information