• 1 Post By numbere
  • 1 Post By 73rr
  • 1 Post By numbere
  • 1 Post By numbere

Thread: Looking for Friendly Advice on my BULK Diet

Muse is offline Junior Member

Looking for Friendly Advice on my BULK Diet

Morning All,

I'm about to begin a bulk on Test E @600mg/week for 12 weeks, currently I'm coming out of a cutting diet currently at ~1,800cal/day & I'm carb cycling.

Current Stats:
    5ft 8"
    156 Lbs
    ~10% B.F (9.5% by calipers, but I take them with pinch of salt)...
    25 years old
    Recent pic in my avatar.

Calculated Bulking Diet:

BMR = 1725 cal/day (using online calc)
    Maintenance working out 4-5 days per week = 2674 cal/day
    Total cal/day = Maintenance + 500 cal?
    = 2674 + 500
    = 3174 cal/day

Macro Ratios - unsure on this.... so much contradicting advice, on this forum an old bulking thread recommends 2 - 2.5g protein per lb of body mass. This is so much higher than external sources recommend, and also the ratio between carbs and fat is a minefield.

Please advise on:
    1. macro ratios, how many g of protein, carb and fats?
    2. i'm considering only placing carbs into breakfast, PWO and the meal following my PWO.

Thank You.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    You sure you`re ready for gear when you dont know about the protein?
    Ok, i guess that wasnt friendly. Sorry. Millon takes on that one, this is the one i consider the best nowadays. Start low. 200 g. Then add 20 g each week until you reach 300-350.
    But i see you are pretty low in bodyweigth, so maybe you could start at 150 g. And work your way up to 250-280.

Did you remember the AI?

btw, i dont think your avatar is 10%
    numbere likes this.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    You should throw those caliper out and just look in the miror.

Generally, when you can begin to see your lower abs your at about 10% and when you can begin to see the bottom of your lower abs your at about 8-9%

For your first bulk just start with a 40/30/30 and recalculate it every week as you gain/lose weight.

This is a good ratio to begin with but you need to listen to your body.

E.x. when my carbs get past ~270g I get gasey and like to eat more healthy fat to meet my macros.

With a goal of 3,200 cal on a 40/30/30 ratio:

1280 cal p/960 cal c/960 cal f

320g p/ 240g c/ 107g f

Now divide the numbers my the amount of meals you'd like to eat in a day and you'll have your macros that you need to base meals around.

You're not going to need 320g p/day so if you want to fudge the numbers a bit a few percent here or there doesn't make that large of a difference as long as you're getting enough calories to grow.
    Last edited by numbere; 04-24-2016 at 09:58 AM.
    Muse likes this.

Thanks guys, here is my draft diet.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for Friendly Advice on my BULK Diet-bulking_diet_page_001.jpg  

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No vegetables?

I would change out the shakes to real protien(chicken,turkey, even red meat)

Also u have alot of breed in there.(to me everyone is different) try to put some sweet potatoes or something like that in as carb source instead of the bread.
    Muse likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    Thanks guys, here is my draft diet.
    Nice work!

I love a clean spreadsheet lol.

This is a good start, but to be brutally honest it needs a lot of work.

Like 73 mentioned above you'd benefit from reducing the number of protein shakes to one and adding vegetables wherever possible.

Shakes should be more of a convenience food rather than a staple, because no matter the brand your never getting exactly whats on the label.

I don't mean to sound like your mom, but if you don't eat your veggies on cycle then odds are your mid cycle bw is going to suck big time.

Veggies are expensive. There are two ways I've found around this; learn how to cook cheap veggies like cabbage ($0.40/lb) or find out when your local farmers market is open and go there during the last hour before they close. Farmers only bring fresh veggies with them and they would rather sell you what is left over at the end of the day for next to nothing then bring it home with them and throw it on the compost pile.

FYI rice is less expensive then bread and it doesn't get moldy in the summer. If you do like bread then lean towards ezieakel or arnold high protein.

Why no eggs? Why no peanut butter? They're cheap protein. Are you allergic?

All that glucose after your workout is just empty calories. Supplement companies push that stuff because it costs next to nothing to manufacture.

Unlike mayo olive oil has no sodium. I know it's knit picky but when you run only test I've found a gram or two of sodium and make a big difference in water retention.

As long as you're bulking then don't worry about perfectly meeting your macros as long as your over by a few hundred.

Your going to put weight on fast. If you want to keep gaining then you're going to have to recalculate your macros at least one a week, sometimes twice.
    Muse likes this.

Hey guys, again thank you very much for the very good responses!
    I forgot to mention all of my meals include vegetables, but I will be taking your tips into consideration and visiting my farmers market! I'll add this into the plan.

Oh yeah I forgot the sodium content -Dbol and Test DONT mix with sodium haha, even with an AI! I'll try to reduce this asap.
    As for bread Ill remove it and add brown rice/yams/sweet potatoes.
    Ill replace some shakes too, and include between fats such as peanut butter and eggs in the mornings.

Ill add the new plan up shortly.
    Is there any tips to make this into clean bulk and minimize fat gains, as I'm wanting to stay as lean as I can if at all possible.

Hey guys, again thank you very much for the very good responses!
    I forgot to mention all of my meals include vegetables, but I will be taking your tips into consideration and visiting my farmers market! I'll add this into the plan.

Oh yeah I forgot the sodium content -Dbol and Test DONT mix with sodium haha, even with an AI! I'll try to reduce this asap.
    As for bread Ill remove it and add brown rice/yams/sweet potatoes.
    Ill replace some shakes too, and include between fats such as peanut butter and eggs in the mornings.

Ill add the new plan up shortly.
    Is there any tips to make this into clean bulk and minimize fat gains, as I'm wanting to stay as lean as I can if at all possible.
    If u make the changes I would say you would be in clean bulk! Good luck buddy and hope the best for your diet!

Thank You!

New Diet Plan - (look better?)

Thank You!

Looks pritty good to me. Only thing I would add is maybe a spinach salad with chicken and olive oil or something like that to your post meal and a carb source for your pre.

Nice brother! Looks much better!

Eat within 300-500 calories over you tdee. If you have a day when you're too sore to workout then go to the gym, stretch and then walk on a treadmill for 45 minutes to an hour.

If you do that then you should drop ~1-2% of bf by the time you reach PCT when lean bulking on test or test plus an oral.
    Muse likes this.

Awesome Thanks very much! I'll start a log on Sunday to track my progress and link this thread for my diet plan!
    Appreciate your input man.

Awesome Thanks very much! I'll start a log on Sunday to track my progress and link this thread for my diet plan!
    Appreciate your input man.
    Anytime brother.

Have a great cycle!

Thread Information