Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Back In Black

Thread: Milk question

Josh577 is offline Associate Member

Milk question

I'm setting here with my girl making up a food list and a meal plain. She has decided to jump on board with me after seeing that I'm losing waight, every thing I'm doing I've gotten here on this site. I'm doing five meals a day so she also wants do this. We figured up are tdee, are protein, carbs, fats, I said I would like to do a protein bar and protein shake with skim milk for two of my meals. She showed me a diet online that she was looking into that said milk and milk products kills testosterone , causes belly fat in men. I can't find any claims of this on here and it sounds like pepol one 50/50 on her abt using milk win cuting from what I've read on here. What's your opinions on this an milk in your first meal of the day and befor training

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I haven't touched milk in years. I'm not saying it's bad but I just got used to not having it when I started dieting down and never went back to it. Mainly cause solid foods will be harder on your body to digest resulting in more calories burned

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Dairy is the enemy to my physique. Bloats me and smooths me out. I can only drink high quality whey as well.

Almond milk is a good alternative if you feel you must.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Im in the same boat as Mp859.

Im not sure if milk products kill test, but I definitely did bloat and the majority of that was located on my belly.

Haven't touched milk in a few years now.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    All depends on how your body processes milk. Some of the really old school guys lived off of milk, meat, and lots of breathing squats. Just for fun or if you are bored, do a Google on JC Hise.
    Granted he was more of a powerlifter, but sometimes these things can be useful in bodybuilding. It all depends on how you react to it, IMO.
    Back In Black likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I agree with AG, some people have huge intolerance to it.

Me? I have it daily, in my tea, coffee and in my oats.

If t bloats you or increases a mucus feeling n your mouth then ditch not then it's ok but it does have a fairly high % of sugar.

Oh, and breathing squats rock.
    almostgone likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I'm 32 now but win I was 20 I decided I wanted to look like Arnold so I cut 100 lbs in 6 months. I didn't have muscle to speak of! I couldn't bench the bar after 1500 cal crash diet for 6 months. I didn't know what I was doing an believed all that shit the mags in the grocery store said. I eat 10 to 12 cans a tuna a day for the first 8 month. I have the ability to eat the same thing over and over no matter the tast cause eating is just a function to me, after that I got into sci fit cookie n cream from echo. I can't find that stuff any more. My moms nabor was a sponsored power lifter for west side bbc. Guys a bad ass he soild that shit at his house for 20 buck for five pound can. With my Crazy work schedule back thin I figured Fck I'll live off shakes.
    I drank five shakes a day with skim milk no soild food for a year! trying to build muscle. I don't remember any bad side or waight gane but I never could cut that Littel belly fat and I didn't put on mass like I wanted

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh577 View Post
    I'm 32 now but win I was 20 I decided I wanted to look like Arnold so I cut 100 lbs in 6 months. I didn't have muscle to speak of! I couldn't bench the bar after 1500 cal crash diet for 6 months. I didn't know what I was doing an believed all that shit the mags in the grocery store said. I eat 10 to 12 cans a tuna a day for the first 8 month. I have the ability to eat the same thing over and over no matter the tast cause eating is just a function to me, after that I got into sci fit cookie n cream from echo. I can't find that stuff any more. My moms nabor was a sponsored power lifter for west side bbc. Guys a bad ass he soild that shit at his house for 20 buck for five pound can. With my Crazy work schedule back thin I figured Fck I'll live off shakes.
    I drank five shakes a day with skim milk no soild food for a year! trying to build muscle. I don't remember any bad side or waight gane but I never could cut that Littel belly fat and I didn't put on mass like I wanted
    Shakes aren't a substitute for whole foods, but rather they are method of getting in extra protein (and carbs) depending on what you buy/put into your shakes. You probably weren't getting anywhere near the amount of complex carbs you needed for growth, not to mention micronutrents.
    Just my 2cc on it.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I agree with u now but back thin I didn't know what I was doing. I was doing 1800 cal diet made up of all pro shakes. All the redline vpx I could handle and cell tech creatine. I believed all the lies in the grocery store bodybuilding magazines. I worked out twice a day for an hour each time, big mass/powerlifter routines like 5 sets of 5 and pyramids aslo swam or rain three times a week, I was doing a starvation diet with a power work out lifting work out over tranning trying to look like Arnold. I have driving motivational he wouldn't leav I had driving motivational if you wouldn't belive! If didn't drink or have sex or anything for two years I just worked out and went to work. I wish I would have had some guidance. By the time I figured out I was doing it all wrong I was burnt out from Littel gains for my work.

bsh
    bsh is offline Associate Member
    I love milk... It's the most natural thing in the world it seems... But the sugar is a draw back to me for sure! I found this and I like it I just us in moderation

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2380467914.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	485.9 KB 
ID:	163405

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Love the stuff and love it post workout, especially chocolate milk!

I've never saw that kind of milk befor, where did you get it? Love to try it

Thread Information