Stinger910 is offline New Member

How's my breakfast?

Hey guys! I am really trying to make it an importance to eat extremely well so I can see a radical change in my body fat %. Trying to figure it all out one meal at a time, here it what I have been having for breakfast for the past week and I think it is a nutritional, cheap, and quick meal.

6 eggs ( 420 cal, 36g of protein, 9g of saturated fat)
    about half a bag of perdue short cut chicken ( ~170 cal, 27g of protein, 1.5g of saturated fat, 2g of carbs)
    I spinkle some groun cayenne red pepper on meat and eggs to help speed up metabolism

Oikos greek yogurt with a bit of chocolate whey protein powder (120 cal, 15g of protein, 15g of carbs) + cals and protein of powder
    Water or Arizonia zero calorie Green Tea with Ginseng ( to speed up metabolism)

Total: 710 cal, 10.5g of saturated fat, 17g of carbs

My goal is to lose about 10 pounds a month. Is this a solid first meal of the day? Is it too much? Are there any substitutes that would be much better than what I am currently eating? Any and all constructive criticism is welcome, thanks!

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    eh...6 eggs are 40 g fat. At least eggs from norwegian hens.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    eh...6 eggs are 40 g fat. At least eggs from norwegian hens.
    I think he is just looking at the saturated fat level instead of entire fat content. I usually go with 4-6 egg whites and a couple of Egglands Bests whole eggs. Some fat can be a good thing.

Speaking of eggs, that's what for breakfast this morning. 5 Egg whites scrambled together with 7 ounces/~200g of salmon and a little hot sauce on top.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-23-2016 at 07:16 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Welcome

What are your stats, BF percentage?

Lay out your current daily eat schedule just like you did for the breakfast, for the entire day.

What does your weekly workout schedule look like?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Welcome

What are your stats, BF percentage?

Lay out your current daily eat schedule just like you did for the breakfast, for the entire day.

What does your weekly workout schedule look like?
    5' 11", ~230, BF around 25%. I don't really have an eating schedule, this is my first time actually putting time and effort into eating properly to try and obtain the physique I so badly want. I am trying to string all this information together; meal by meal, starting with breakfast. Meal 1: good breakfast, Meal 2: ect.... Meal X: (last meal)
    As for working out, I workout ~90 mins, 5-10 of abs, and or 10-20 mins of HIIT cardio. I was doing Chest + tris + shoulders/ Back + Bis + forearms/ Legs.
    I wasn't seeing much progress with that, so about a month ago I have switched to Chest + Back/ Tris + Bis + forearms + shoulders/legs for my splits.
    As for when I workout, I try to go in the late morning because studies have shown that testosterone is highest then. If I have to work or whatnot then I go in the evening or late night.

In the past I've eaten pretty much whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted; eat when hungry, eat when bored, eat because it's there. I am trying to make a plan on what to eat when for the first time in my life.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I figure your maintenance cals to be around 2500-2600 cals. That just means if you eat around that many cals a day, you should maintain your current status

Do yourself a favor and add up everything you eat in one day and then you will have an idea of how much you are currently eating.

Try eating around 2200-2300 cals a day for now and see how your body responds to it. Reassess in 2 weeks.

There are tons of recipes on here if you need some ideas on meals.

The magic to all this is consistency!

Thread Information