Polypeptide is offline New Member

Need help shedding weight

It has been quite some time since I have been on these forums (busy life needy wife). I have basically been sedentary for the last 3-4 years and I have just started getting back into lifting. I have severe muscle atrophy and a large increase in fatty tissue. I really need help and critique my current nutrition as well as my current workout regiment.

My stats: I am 26 years old male, 71.5 inches tall, 265lbs, approximately 30-35% BF.

My current regiment involves waking up at 4:30am doing some cardio, abs, and stamina exercises for the muscle group i'm working out that evening (example on chest/back day I do pushups, chinups, and pullups in the a.m.). In the evening after work I focus on weight training. My weight training regiment includes chest/back day 1, arms day 2, legs day 3, day 4 rest, rinse and repeat. I do 3 sets of 8 reps for each workout and about 4-6 different lifts per muscle group.

Diet: in the morning few cups of egg whites and a yogurt (21g high protein yogurt). For lunch I eat cup of rice, chicken breast, and veggies. I have protein shake for a snack in between lunch and dinner. For dinner I eat a spinach salad with fruit and veggies.

I am barely losing weight and I need to know if I am doing something wrong. I want to get down to about 210lbs and run a test cycle (pending good bloods). I would just like some help please and thank you.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Welcome!

First of all, looks like you are not enough food. Yes, I said that in case you need to read again.

You are not eating enough. Do yourself a favor and add all of that up using myfitnesspal app and see how many calories you really ate. I would guess that it is close to around 1200-1500 cals.

Go read thru the stickies so you'll have a better idea on macros and finding your TDEE

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    At first, I would prob start you off around 2300-2400 cals. Once you have eaten at or close to that for about 2 weeks, then we can reassess to see how your body responded.

Polypeptide is offline New Member
    I thought to lose weight your caloric expenditure has to be greater than your intake? Or by not eating enough does it cause my body to decrease its metabolic rate?

Thread Information