Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By InternalFire

Thread: Low carb lifestyle?

IronClydes is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb Low carb lifestyle?

I'm currently listening to an audio book by Vinnie Tortorich and he insists upon grain and sugar being the leading cause of obesity. He insists that we should focus our daily eating upon fats and proteins with any carbs being made up of fruits, vegetables, and the like.

Any thoughts on this?

I know a standard bodybuilders macro split is 40/40/20 and I have stuck to that for the most part, with refeed days hitting 50/30/20.

But, what he says actually makes a lot of sense.

I am curious if there is any educated, informed, or experienced feedback on the forums regarding this.

Looking forward to hearing it!

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    What works for one may not work for another so treat it as trial and error. I personally like it, I find intermittent fasting and Keto diet goes very well for me. Not only do I avoid sugars I feel better off without them, but yea veggie carbs makes sense as long as it doesnt bloat you
    IronClydes likes this.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Do you mean highly processed grain and refined sugar?

Homo sapiens have been eating grains and sugar ever since we evolved.

You don't get obese from eating normal amounts of food, even if it's processed food.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    I do low carb every year leading up to summer for my cut. Ido cheat on the weekends, cant do without pizza and donuts

Anyways, its very succesful for me. I also do intermittent fasting. If it werent for my favorite foods being carb heavy, id do it year round

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    I am curious if there is a negative to doing low carb as a permanent diet choice?

I think it would not be an issue for me to drop down to carbs as 20% of my diet, mainly vegetables, fibers, fruits, and occasionally grains - on a weekly re-feed day for example.

I was hoping to hear any negatives as to why this could, or would, be a bad decision...

Thread Information