Spooky is offline Junior Member

Getting worried. Lost 7% body fat natural but same weight

Around 5'8 and 185 pounds. I started 1st of feb with training again after 3 months off and horrible food habits. Was 185 pounds at 17%. I assumed I would gain some muscle back but I never had so little weight loss during a cut / pre-contest. So far I dropped 1 or 2 LBS tops depending on when I weigh in. I brought back the kcal to around 2000 kcal for this whole time with the first 10 weeks 6 day clean and 1 day cheat day. Now the last 6 weeks have been doing 7 days clean with 1 to 2 cheat meals planned in every 3 or 4 days.

I train 3 days with legs, arms/abs, chest/back and 45 minutes cardio after. 1 day rest and start over.

I did blood check and got all tested and all is working. Should I not be losing more weight ? I know people might say this is a very good thing but as I normally lost around 20 pounds when pre-contest it is weird that now I don't have this at all. Could also be the age as I'm 10 years older now then in my contest days.

- David

MMA_Influenced is offline Associate Member
    Number 1 lets cut the bull. No more cheat days. If your goal is maintainence and you have a cheat day fine. If your goal is to cut and you have a cheat day and your not reaching your goals then guess what?

No more cheat days. I prepare all of my meals once a week (7 meals a day). In otherwords i cook/seperate/put away 49 meals in my fridge once a week. Thats what I eat from. I dont eat pizza.. hot dogs.. drink soda.

This is a menal game of will. With time you master it and it becomes easier. The question is how bad do you want to be healthy? How much does your body matter to you? To me its a high priority and i cut no corners.

The thing is that if you eat a huge calorie meal your body will take what it needs and store the rest as fat. Lets say you eat at the italian restaurant. Its very possible to go over 2000k in just a single meal if not more. That kills your body. You will gain fat especially at your age.

Me? Never eat big meals. All my meals are roughly the same in calorie content/macros. I never cheat. I have an insulated lunch bag that i take on the go. I eat every 3 hours no excuses.

If i was you if start eating 6 small meals a day and never cheat. Thats my response to you. Take it up a notch. Also keep your cardio on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    I brought back the kcal to around 2000 kcal for this whole time with the first 10 weeks 6 day clean and 1 day cheat day. Now the last 6 weeks have been doing 7 days clean with 1 to 2 cheat meals planned in every 3 or 4 days.
    David, tell us what you eat. What does a day look like?

e.g.,

Meal 1: Three eggs, pop tart, 8 oz orange juice

Snack: two tablespoons peanut butter

Meal 2: 8 oz Chicken . . .

And so on. You get the idea. Clue us in, and we will be happy to help you.

Thread Information