Stinger910 is offline New Member

Questions with meal splits!

TDEE ~ 3200
    goal is -2 lbs a week aka -1000 calories/day
    ~2200 daily calories left

Following 40/40/20 rule, 880 calories from protein, 880 calories from carbs, 440 calories from fats
    220g of carbs, 220g of proteins, ~50g of fats

Should I be following 40/40/20 rule or is another combination proven better to lose fat? Should I try this formula and see how it affects me?

So I need to eat every 3-4 hours to not peak levels, but how much of my daily macros do I eat per meal? Do I divide it equally 6 ways? Or more of one macro in the morning, more of one macro before/after a workout, and more of one macro before bed?

7:00 am wake up
    7:30 am How many of what macros?
    11:00 am How many of what macros?
    2:00 pm How many of what macros?
    5:00 pm How many of what macros?
    8:00 pm Pre-workout meal, How many of what macros? (how long before workout should pre-workout meal be consumed?
    9:00 pm Workout
    11:00 pm Post workout meal/Bedtime meal, How many of what macros?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    There are many ways to skin a cat

You can divide by the number of meals and just in your food to those macros. Try to plan you protein/carb meal around your workouts, mainly before and after.

Question, how do you like to eat? Big meals or smaller meals?

I've pretty much only ever eaten big meals, with small snacking; which is why I look the way I do. Trying to change all that and really have a strict diet so I can see results.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger910
    I've pretty much only ever eaten big meals, with small snacking; which is why I look the way I do. Trying to change all that and really have a strict diet so I can see results.
    Have you ever looked into intermittent fasting?

Look up lean gains dot com. It is basically like this, you fast for 16 hours and eat for 8. I usually fast until lunchtime and eat until 8 pm. It allows me to eat bigger meals. Sometimes I only eat two meals a day and get all my macros in, sometimes it is 3 or 4.

Discipline and consistency are the magic pills to all this.

I just wanted to give you another option, plus for me, it is easier to stay in a caloric deficit when fasting.

I was literally just talking to a guy at the gym about intermittent fasting.
    When you sleep, you're fasting, and breakfast literally means to break the fast. But when you wake up and continue fasting your body will continue to be in its highest fat burning state, makes sense.
    I have some questions about this though..
    Have I been lied to my whole life about breakfast being the most important meal of the day?
    Doesn't eating breakfast + eating every few hours keep my metabolism higher?
    Won't my metabolism slow down if I fast?
    Won't I feel full if I cram all my macros into a shorter period of time?

I was literally just talking to a guy at the gym about intermittent fasting. When you sleep, you're fasting, and breakfast literally means to break the fast. But when you wake up and continue fasting your body will continue to be in its highest fat burning state, makes sense. I have some questions about this though.. Have I been lied to my whole life about breakfast being the most important meal of the day? Doesn't eating breakfast + eating every few hours keep my metabolism higher? Won't my metabolism slow down if I fast? Won't I feel full if I cram all my macros into a shorter period of time?
    No, you have not been lied to, breakfast is important.

You will find mixed reviews on metabolism, I don't think it slows down anything as you are still getting the same amount of cals.

Of course you will feel full getting all those cals at once, that's what I love about it! When I eat every couple of hours, I'm hungry all the time. I do switch it up and don't fast everyday but do love it! Your body gets use to not having food and your hormones will level off, meaning you won't get those bad hunger pangs after a week or so.

As I mentioned before, there is more than one way to skin a cat!

Have been reading up on intermittent fasting and "wild diet". I am going to try it starting tomorrow and see how it affects me. Thoughts on intermittent fasting + ketosis? Was planning to combine both of them for a double whammy way to burn fat ASAP.

Have been reading up on intermittent fasting and "wild diet". I am going to try it starting tomorrow and see how it affects me. Thoughts on intermittent fasting + ketosis? Was planning to combine both of them for a double whammy way to burn fat ASAP.
    I haven't experimented with that but if you stick to anything, it will work no matter what. Key to all this is consistency and discipline. I say go for it as I have read about it and have tried some of those recipes since I have a lot wild game.

One tip that helps keep you motivated, logging into this thread everyday and posting what you eat and train. I would also recommend doing some tabata type workouts and doing sprints once a week. Looking forward to this thread and thanks for reminding me about he wild diet. I have that recipe book somewhere in my emails

Don't know if I mentioned it earlier but get myfitnesspal app. It is really easy to track and customize it for your needs

Thread Information