Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Ketogenic eating, anybody?

Blazini is offline New Member

Ketogenic eating, anybody?

Just wondering if anyone else in here is running a low carb high fat "diet" while trying to lose some body fat and preserve muscle mass? I have found it highly effective the past 2 sessions (2-3 months a piece). Give me a shout if you know what's up with keto. Always looking to share some knowledge.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Wsup my man, I love this diet and it worked well for me! Check out my log in the members section, man we can share some stuff about it. I find this diet doesnt suit everyone , or I'd like to call it - only for the tough

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Glad to hear it is working!

Lay out your plan so we all can see how you are doing it.

Keep up the hard work!

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    I also just started toying with it. I like the concept, it makes a lot of sense, but I am incredibly hesitant with all of the majority here focusing on the traditional 40/40/20 or a higher carb diets.

With so many successfully running those diets, I hesitate to waste time on a less traveled path...

Why may I ask, do you prefer ketogenic over traditional?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I like a keto diet, shed fat quick
    InternalFire likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Stinger910 is offline New Member
    I started doing intermittent fasting + keto yesterday. I need help with splits for proteins and fats; 70/30, 80/20, what? Also, for keto, does it have to be absolutely 0 carbs? or just a very very low amount and what are some good foods that have good fat and no carbs? I ate a boat load of nuts yesterday not realizing that had some carbs in them. How long can you stay at a diet with no carbs; we need carbs for structural support and to help maintain our blood PH levels.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    you can play around with more carbs if you are willing to burn some cardio time everyday but keep in mind gotta keep it consistent. when things get serious is basically you're in field of 25-35g total carbs out of ~2000kcal diet.
    I found its go hard or go home with carbs, carbs is the fuckin EVIL for me, if I cross more than 35g carbs that day and didn't do cardio it tailspins my brain in to "whatever..." mood, maybe its just me, I feel amazing when about 1 week in on just sub 25g carbs a day, withdrawal symptoms from carbs are best described comparable to one of coca!ne addiction withdrawal symptoms, it gets real tough on you brain, Its not the same for everyone but I believe some people will relate. Once you break carb cravings food looks all different and you will begin to re-learn your senses and whole understanding and importance for consuming food, its all different way looking at eating and nutrition (the way I found it) after you get used to Keto.

Thread Information