Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RaginCajun

Thread: Help with ketosis diet

Stinger910 is offline New Member

Help with ketosis diet

I started doing intermittent fasting + keto yesterday. I need help with splits for proteins and fats; 70/30, 80/20, what? Also, for keto, does it have to be absolutely 0 carbs? or just a very very low amount and what are some good foods that have good fat and no carbs? I ate a boat load of nuts yesterday not realizing that had some carbs in them. How long can you stay at a diet with no carbs; we need carbs for structural support and to help maintain our blood PH levels. Should I be taking supplements (pre-workout, creatine, BCAA's) while on an empty stomach? Can I still consume veggies and fibrous carbs?
    Hopefully I see huge progress with this type of diet and will post progress pics!
    Last edited by Stinger910; 06-16-2016 at 03:08 PM.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Did reply to you on another thread to this.

Tell me did you read any articles or books regardimg this diet?

"Atkins anabolic diet " is great place to start , will save so much time for you and all of us not needing to rewrite the important parts of this technique. You will learn alot in time

Yes you did reply, but I didn't feel that my questions were answered. I am reading what you've suggested and more and I am not understanding why a Keto diet is ~75% fat and ~25% protein. Should it not be the other way around?? Don't I need 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound I weigh to lose weight and gain muscle? I was thinking of eating ~2 lbs (32 oz) of chicken a day. At 8g of protein per oz, that would be 256 grams of protein and 1024 calories with me being around 230 lbs. Going off around a 2500 cal diet, that leaves ~1500 cals worth of fat left aka 164g. That's ~40% protein and 60% fat.

Reading books helps a ton man, nobody is going to spoonfeed you your future but you. Spend some time starting researching keto on google and torrent sites if you must, not being ignorant but unless you hire a nutritionist nobodys gonna detail every aspect of any diet directly in to your dish or hardwire it to your head

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinger910 View Post
    Yes you did reply, but I didn't feel that my questions were answered. I am reading what you've suggested and more and I am not understanding why a Keto diet is ~75% fat and ~25% protein. Should it not be the other way around?? Don't I need 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound I weigh to lose weight and gain muscle? I was thinking of eating ~2 lbs (32 oz) of chicken a day. At 8g of protein per oz, that would be 256 grams of protein and 1024 calories with me being around 230 lbs. Going off around a 2500 cal diet, that leaves ~1500 cals worth of fat left aka 164g. That's ~40% protein and 60% fat.
    Too my protein turns into glucose and kicks you out of Keto, that is why. If you are doing to do Keto you can not abide by the 1g of protein/lb of lean mass.

Not suppose to build a house from the roof down.
    Keto is a long term diet, otherwise all that you burn so nicelly you will gain back so quickly if you don't stay consistent with it long term.

People would help themselves and others so much more if they only listen better and read more... books about keto diet is the answer, if you really dig in to it you will love it, otherwise you be wasting yours and everyone elses time asking questions trying to pull sense from thin air
    Last edited by InternalFire; 06-16-2016 at 07:33 PM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    What those guys said

You can also look into CKD and there is a great thread on it somewhere in this section. I'll try to find it and bump it to the top.
    InternalFire likes this.

I am reading, but there is a lot of information out there. Trying to sift through the sources I trust and what not. I have lost 5 lbs in 2 days so far, so I am doing something right?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinger910
    I am reading, but there is a lot of information out there. Trying to sift through the sources I trust and what not. I have lost 5 lbs in 2 days so far, so I am doing something right?
    All water from the lack of carbs.

That CKD thread is gold

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    The weight youve lost is glycogen depletion. Its common with low carb diets.

Simple suggestions, stay under 20g carbs, make sure they come mostly from veggies.
    Go for about 1g pro/lb lean mass.
    Make up the rest of your calories from fat.

Keto is a long term 'diet'. More of a lifestyle. People stay on keto for years.

Yes! Thank you so much for bumping that thread..All that condensed information is helping me loads.

Thanks for the tips Hawk! I have planned to get most of the <20 carbs via fibrous carbs aka veggies. From my readings, for fats, I want to be consuming mainly monosaturated fats instead of poly or saturated, right?

Thread Information