Thread: Cottage cheese?

margo is offline Female Member

Question Cottage cheese?

I love cottage cheese and could eat it at every meal!
    There is one problem though, I can only get cottage cheese that has this nutritional value in 100g:
    kcal 107/KJ 447 - protein 12.5g - fat 4.5g - carbs 3g - natrium 336mg

What do you think, is it okay to eat about 500 - 700 g per weak of this kind of cottage cheese. Can I subtitude it with something else, any ideas?
    Margo
    Train hard - Eat smart

Comments.... anyone!!
    Margo
    Train hard - Eat smart

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    It's fine to eat that much as long as ur working out like a whore.Throw some red meat and tuna in ur diet.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    I go through about 5-6 lbs of it a week. Its good for you eat as much as you want, even when dieting. Just get the very lowfat stuff, and look at the sugar content in different brands because it does vary.

AndroholiK is offline Junior Member
    I love cottage cheese too, its the greatest! I eat a container a day even when im cutting but i use the low fat where 1 serving is 100 cals, 20 from fat, 14 grams protein, 3 carbs.

bumdart420 is offline Associate Member
    Cottage cheese isnt really worth eating for protien. The cheese has been de-natured in the process of making it and therefore makes the protien a pretty crummy one. (comparred to meat, whey, etc...)

Thats not to say you should never eat it, but I wouldnt be making it the pillar of my protien source.
    Last edited by bumdart420; 07-03-2003 at 03:46 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You absolutely DO NOT want to eat cottage cheese while cutting. I have no idea what diet the others follow, but as a trainer/National competitor, I can assure you those who know how to diet NEVER eat that shit.

Comments like "eat as much of it as you want, even while dieting" scare the shit out of me when it comes to those taking advice, and please don't take that advice. You cannot eat as much as you want and achieve your goals, that's assanine.

Stick to clean protein sources, clean carbs, and healthy fats. Leave the dairy for off-season, it's an incomplete protein, and it's all sugar.

~SC~

bumdart420 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You absolutely DO NOT want to eat cottage cheese while cutting. I have no idea what diet the others follow, but as a trainer/National competitor, I can assure you those who know how to diet NEVER eat that shit.

Comments like "eat as much of it as you want, even while dieting" scare the shit out of me when it comes to those taking advice, and please don't take that advice. You cannot eat as much as you want and achieve your goals, that's assanine.

Stick to clean protein sources, clean carbs, and healthy fats. Leave the dairy for off-season, it's an incomplete protein, and it's all sugar.

~SC~
    Cant argue with you there! lol

AndroholiK is offline Junior Member
    made me very sad D=

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    im not cutting but following just a 40 - 30 - 20 eating plan.. you wouldnt say cottage cheese is junk food would you? from all the stuff i read on here i thought it was pretty decent for a slow digesting night time meal

Feli Fly is offline Junior Member
    My post in here should explain why it's fine for most people, but why SwoleCat is down on it... for good reason with his goals. Sugars and sodium is the reason. You'll find virtually or absolutely no dairy in a typical comp cutting diet (EW maybe, but no milk, yogurt, cot ch etc)... but margo and nintey some % of this board prolly isn't on a comp cutting diet.

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=56601
    Last edited by Feli Fly; 07-04-2003 at 02:14 PM.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    the cottage cheese i eat has only 4g of sugar per serving...thats only 32g for the whole container...i dont see where its bad to eat the stuff...yeah it may be processed, but its made of casien protien thats great to eat before bed and throughout the day...and if thats your only dairy in your diet....How can it be to bad for you????

Yeah you are right Feli Fly, I´m not on comp cutting diet but want to eat healthy! Maybe I will try to eat like I´m going to compete and SwoleCat can you give me an idea of clean protein sources, clean carbs, and healthy fats that you would recommend to eat... please
    Margo
    Train hard - Eat smart

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    I love cottage cheese. I like the new one that came out with the dipping sauce included (peach, strawberry, blueberry).

Thread Information