Crevicediverx is offline Junior Member

Bulking List / Advice

Okay guys i recently posted a question about trying a Sust 250 cycle and got some great replies but mainly people telling me i need to get my nutrition in order first before thinking about cycling which i agree is good advice
    Basically im sitting around 130lbs seems tiny but when i was 17 i was 100lbs now im 23 so not bad so fat considering i didn't know have the stuff i know now...
    The sust was basically going to be a boost because i was getting tired of not seeing the gains i wanted! Impatience urgh!

Anywayyyyyyy... What do you guys think of this as a grocery list weekly from my local tescos

Tesco Small Bananas 6 Pack
    Tesco Everyday Value Eggs Minimum Weight Box Of 15
    Tesco Everyday Value Ham 400G
    Tesco Everyday Value Baked Beans In Tomato Sauce 420G x 4
    Princes Tuna Chunks Spring Water 4X160g
    Snack A Jacks Jumbo Chocolate Chip 180G (rice cakes) --- A little bit of sugar here but snacks throughout the day
    Walkers Crackers Crispy Cheddar Cheese 130G - Again something to snack on whilst at work as i don't get many breaks to eat larger foods
    Tesco Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500Ml - Teaspoon when extra cals are needed?
    Tesco Penne Pasta Quills 1Kg
    Tesco Micro Rice Long Grain White Rice 4 X 200G (rotating pasta and rice so im not bored ect)

I wouldn't need bread or milk as they are already in the house everyday and i get my breakfast at work 2 bagels and milk my calories im aiming for are around 3000 maybe a tiny bit more. From what i gather i need around 2400-2500 a day so i'm hoping 3000 would be enough?
    This comes to around £15 total but the oil and pasta would last longer than a week so i have money to jiggle around
    I get my meats from a local butcher for 3 packs of chicken breast for £10 and 3 bags of mince for £10 this would last roughly a month for me

Sorry for the long ass post but i might as well get as many questions in one post rather than spamming away if anyone has my TDEE at a different number i'd be more than grateful for advice
    Stats
    130lb
    5'7
    4 days a week working out
    working in a kitchen 5 days a week
    Last edited by Crevicediverx; 08-26-2016 at 07:31 AM.

Bump

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would read up on some of the stickies in the nutrition forum and make yourself a set diet. The way you are planning on doing it, I can almost guarantee you wont get in enough calories and even if you do, they wont be quality calories. I have nothing against trying different things and switching foods up here and there but its very important IMO to have some sort of base meal plan to go off of.

Yeah i dont plan on just picking and whatever the question was are those ingredients a good enough base for the diet, it would const of bagels on the morning from work with milk and egg in them, shake before working out and after, pasta/rice with chicken/mince for dinner and then snacks being the bananas rice cakes and crackers and then the tuna would be if i needed my protein boosted for the day again same with olive oil if i needed some quick calories thanks for the reply btw

sxdjq6be1vj5j28f is offline New Member
    As long as your diet will meet your calorie and protein goals you're good but don't forget to also eat some vegetables.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevicediverx View Post
    Yeah i dont plan on just picking and whatever the question was are those ingredients a good enough base for the diet, it would const of bagels on the morning from work with milk and egg in them, shake before working out and after, pasta/rice with chicken/mince for dinner and then snacks being the bananas rice cakes and crackers and then the tuna would be if i needed my protein boosted for the day again same with olive oil if i needed some quick calories thanks for the reply btw
    Well I like the fact you have varying sources of protein. Maybe some potato for carbs? Either sweet or regular. Veggies? Other than that the "ingredients" look fine the biggest thing you want to look at is calories in vs calories out. Controlling food quality is a good thing to do but its definitely not priority and I know some will argue this but it really is about the calories. But to answer your question yes I think that is good enough for a base diet, i've gotten away with less but I wouldn't recommend it lol.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Dude I wouldn't waste my money or time with all them little bullshit snacks etc. lol no offense but I'll get your basic man. Brown rice, chicken, yogurt, whatever fruit you like, any type of nuts perhaps wether you like them or not. That's the problem. You can't be like a 5 year old that doesn't like their veggies lol. Unless your allergic it can't be that bad and force them down. If your looking for snacks something with good fats, natural I mean if you want to eat whatever you want just for calories be my guess but I'd keep it simple, whole foods. High sat fat. Protein etc. though protein diet will keep you very full and satisfied feeling. Whole wheat wraps, ground chicken so you consume more. Try rice cakes man that's carbs and will be a good snack. Don't what else to tell you without typing a mile long reply. But revolve around your base whole foods, brown rice, meats, multi vitamin, fiber supp or pro biotic etc if you don't like greens. And all your in between snacks. I'll go for what's efficient and bulk. Not like cheddar cheese sandwich crackers. Again I'm speaking outside looking in and I'm sure any little snack In between your meals will suffice for calories. You know what you goat do man. Don't forget the coconut oil though. A Good Super food and you can run it on your girls skin or hair for softness lol. Try humus, again I'm just saying whatever comes to mind. To much typing. See ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    Well I like the fact you have varying sources of protein. Maybe some potato for carbs? Either sweet or regular. Veggies? Other than that the "ingredients" look fine the biggest thing you want to look at is calories in vs calories out. Controlling food quality is a good thing to do but its definitely not priority and I know some will argue this but it really is about the calories. But to answer your question yes I think that is good enough for a base diet, i've gotten away with less but I wouldn't recommend it lol.
    Yeah i totally agree! my calories in are going to be hitting like 3k some days a tiny bit more which i think at 130lbs is more than enough? People say about the veggies alot but i can't stomach them which wouldn't make me want to eat them or look forward to eating them meaning eating becomes a chore.!

As for the snacks.. i did state rice cakes? snacks are ideal for when you're running low on time the thought behind them was they are like £2.50 total for easy of use cant go wrong?

Thread Information