Eating lower glycemic foods. switching out oatmeal for beans and lowering TDEE by 550

so i've posted this diet all over the boards and nobody has commented. well I've been working on it and looking into lower gylcemic foods. I'm going to switch out my oatmeal for beans and lower my TDEE by 550. i'm still gaining wait and i feel like not all of it is muscle. i already cut down my TDEE by 500. im on week 9/15 and i've put on about 12lb. definition is fading a bit and today i feel bloated. (i didn't eat much today on my day off) i didn't make my basal TDEE today. waist size by measuring tape is relatively steady at 34.5 - 35, but today i blew the F up to 35.5. why?

could it be that my e2 was really low on my last Blood test and when i let it rise i started retaining more water?

how does one get bloated? maybe it's because i drank milk?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DIET.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	165145

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    so i've posted this diet all over the boards and nobody has commented. well I've been working on it and looking into lower gylcemic foods. I'm going to switch out my oatmeal for beans and lower my TDEE by 550. i'm still gaining wait and i feel like not all of it is muscle. i already cut down my TDEE by 500. im on week 9/15 and i've put on about 12lb. definition is fading a bit and today i feel bloated. (i didn't eat much today on my day off) i didn't make my basal TDEE today. waist size by measuring tape is relatively steady at 34.5 - 35, but today i blew the F up to 35.5. why?

could it be that my e2 was really low on my last Blood test and when i let it rise i started retaining more water?

how does one get bloated? maybe it's because i drank milk?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DIET.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	165145
    Really sounds like your holding water..

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    What KK said and possibly you don't process dairy well. Some people bloat easily from dairy/milk. I'm kind of lost by your spreadsheet? It's nice and looks great, but I don't even see milk on it?
    Also as you mentioned, if your E2 isn't stable it can contribute to fluid retention as it increases.
    Your waist size is stable, but how do you look in the mirror? Feeling bloated and being bloated are 2 different situations.
    Congrats on your current progress!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

oh thanks. milk isn't in the diet. it's in the shakes for morning and evening but because i didn't meet my basal requirements yesterday i had an extra glass. i should include a glass of milk in the diet if i'm going to be drinking it, but i don't think i really need to be ultra strict and meet my numbers dead on.

yea, i think it's water retention too. maybe a little bloat. i was 195lb last night, took a sh1t this morning and now i'm 192. feeling better as well. that reminds me. i need to replace 2% milk with skim milk.

i don't look great in the mirror, but then again i haven't shaved in awhile. less definition than almost 2 months ago i think. i'm cutting calories by another hundred and giving it 2 more weeks before i take photos again. i haven't failed in my diet. the last real cheating i did was 1 slice of pizza 2 weeks ago after slaying myself on a Friday. if i want to be strict i could call myself out on the milk, but eh. ...-i need them skim milkses
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 08-28-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Thread Information