Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By InternalFire
  • 2 Post By RaginCajun

Thread: Intermittent fasting and training time

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member

Intermittent fasting and training time

Ok, my work schedule is changing and I think intermittent fasting will be my best option.

The question is when should I lift? Dearing the time I actually get to eat or can it be dearing the fasting stage?

I usually life before work and was planning on that bring the beginning of my fasting time.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    some like to lift when they get up

others like to lift right before they break the fast

just have to see what's best for you

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    I am comming back to intermittent fasting routine back again, loving it, and just now realizing how much I loved it before, almost forgotten how it feels.
    I feel real well whole day and usually train just before I start my feeding window. Idea behind this is that I am guaranteed to feel great troughout the day in non-depleted physical state, want to perform optimally during my work day, and as end of the day approaches I know I will be starving but also know all kinds of kcals will be waiting, and to earn that I got to throw myself to the weights and earn my food. Workouts intensity does not suffer for me due to this, but thats just me, were all different.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 73rr
    Ok, my work schedule is changing and I think intermittent fasting will be my best option. The question is when should I lift? Dearing the time I actually get to eat or can it be dearing the fasting stage? I usually life before work and was planning on that bring the beginning of my fasting time.
    I personally always trained in the fasting period. Usually 3-4 hours before I broke the fast. I loved every minute of it.

I used to fast 8pm-12am. Training at 8am ish, so I was always fully into a fast, and it was only a few hours to go before I could eat. So it never felt like effort.

http://forums.steroid.com

So pritty much what ever u prefer.

I have always eaten before my work outside and after. So I'm going to need to play around a little

Another question, a pre workout drink would break the fast wouldn't it?

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea pretty much yes. Anything that has calories
    73rr likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    check out lean gains dot com

this is a pretty good website that can give you ideas on training and diet in regards to fasting.

there are many ways to skin a cat, just have to figure out which one best suits you
    krugerr and GAINZ4DAYZ like this.

erny23 is offline New Member
    If you train when you're fasting, you're likely to burn more fat and be at risk of losing muscle. If you train after you've got food in you, you're less likely to burn muscle but will burn slightly less fat (in my experience).

Thread Information