flexshack is offline Member

what's the deal with chocolate?

hey,
    i have heard that chocolate causes major chemical changes in the brain and this is probabley one of the main reasons people, esp. women, crave it so much. what is altered exactly, if we even know? could it cause an estrogen increase? b/c i could almost swear that i get a few zits after eating it (like the next day or so). thanks.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    i know what your talking about one time i heard that eatting a larg amount of chocolate does the same thing to the brain as the feeling of falling in love
    idk about the zits i found this on line
    "In a 1969 study by doctors from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 65 subjects with moderate acne ate either chocolate bars containing 10 times the amount of chocolate found in a typical bar or otherwise identical bars with no chocolate in them. Test subjects who consumed the excessive amount of chocolate for four weeks didn't show signs of increased acne."

I highly dought that chocolate rases estrogen. If anyone knows dif fill use in
    hope i helped
    peace

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    chocolate has some very small amounts of ingredient in it that mimics the affects of marijuana on the brain.. one time i ate a small box of chocolates all at once, it didnt really do anything to me

flexshack is offline Member
    oh, thanks guys for the info. good to know. i pretty much try to stay away from it anyway.

Thread Information