• 2 Post By 73rr
  • 2 Post By 73rr
  • 2 Post By Johnhenson
  • 1 Post By Johnhenson

Thread: Diet and pics.

Johnhenson is offline Associate Member

Diet and pics.

20 years old-5'9-165
    Ive seen a lot of pcf ratios i think they are called, but i do not know mine. Every day i have about 3-4 big meals until i cannot eat anymore. I have been given advice to eat smaller and more frequent meals to help speed up metabolism. I think my metabolism is already too fast to begin with lol ive been training and lifting for 6 years and i am 165 lbs. everyday i eat a large portion of protein (steak/chicken/lamb chops/ribs/beef,hardboiled eggs,pbjs) with brown rice,broccoli,avacado,cauliflower,corn,and fruit. I really only drink water,milk , and protein shakes but i do have gatorade and water with sea salt and lemon juice in it after workouts. I would like to gain lean muscle and gain a good 30 pounds (obviously over a long period of time) of it which my workout schedule should take care of if i am dieting right, but i do not know if i am dieting right. Any suggestions on what foods to eat and which foods to stay away from if i want to gain lean muscle and keep my BF%? (9-12% i think)

Ps. I may just not be gaining weight due to generics or how much running i do weekly.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	170 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	165401Click image for larger version. 

Views:	82 
Size:	290.2 KB 
ID:	165402Click image for larger version. 

Views:	100 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	165403Click image for larger version. 

Views:	67 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	165404Click image for larger version. 

Views:	84 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	165405

I am usually bigger but i just came out of football camp which consisted of A LOT of conditioning.
    InternalFire likes this.

I am actually seeing other posts that are answering some of my questions but please feel free to give some of your knowledge and opinion on this too.
    Marsoc likes this.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    I dare say youre around 10-12% mark BF%, you are so young and should have GREAT potential gaining alot of quality mass during next 5-10 years.

One thing came to my mind after reading all this, you wanna try cyclic-ketogenic diet, or just google up a book by Dan Duchaine - Bodyopus , where he talks about body recomp diet low carbs - high carbs frequent meals, basically you get gaining mass within first few weeks and boy that thing works wonders. Its not easy but its working, he explains good parts how and why it works and till this date this protocol it is used alot. Nowadays there are lots and lots of this diet rebrands, but all are based on this one principle, I would really encourage to try this and see what results will you get. Run it for 2-3 months and monitor your gains weekly, especially mid week after feed-days/carbups where you would be pre-exhausted again and you should see your most accurate body weight as to measure the progress.
    Marsoc likes this.

If you need help gaining some weight then just eat a cup full of mixed nuts before bed every night.
    Bam... About 700 calories right there.

That is enough good protein and fats to help you put on about a pound a week.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    If you need help gaining some weight then just eat a cup full of mixed nuts before bed every night.
    Bam... About 700 calories right there.

That is enough good protein and fats to help you put on about a pound a week.
    Really... I eat a peanut butter and jelly before bed for the slow digesting fat. I probably put around two servings on the sandwich. Didn't know it was that many calories though. Good fats I know that

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You don't need lots of small meals. The whole thing about lots of small meals boosting metabolism is mostly bull.

You need lots of big meals. You haven't actually posted your diet. Please detail a full days normal diet that you are trying to gain weight with and include the macro's.
    RaginCajun and Sehdee like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnhenson View Post
    20 years old-5'9-165
    Ive seen a lot of pcf ratios i think they are called, but i do not know mine. Every day i have about 3-4 big meals until i cannot eat anymore. I have been given advice to eat smaller and more frequent meals to help speed up metabolism. I think my metabolism is already too fast to begin with lol ive been training and lifting for 6 years and i am 165 lbs. everyday i eat a large portion of protein (steak/chicken/lamb chops/ribs/beef,hardboiled eggs,pbjs) with brown rice,broccoli,avacado,cauliflower,corn,and fruit. I really only drink water,milk , and protein shakes but i do have gatorade and water with sea salt and lemon juice in it after workouts. I would like to gain lean muscle and gain a good 30 pounds (obviously over a long period of time) of it which my workout schedule should take care of if i am dieting right, but i do not know if i am dieting right. Any suggestions on what foods to eat and which foods to stay away from if i want to gain lean muscle and keep my BF%? (9-12% i think)

Ps. I may just not be gaining weight due to generics or how much running i do weekly.
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	170 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	165401Click image for larger version. 

Views:	82 
Size:	290.2 KB 
ID:	165402Click image for larger version. 

Views:	100 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	165403Click image for larger version. 

Views:	67 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	165404Click image for larger version. 

Views:	84 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	165405

I am usually bigger but i just came out of football camp which consisted of A LOT of conditioning.
    1: Deadlifiting dogs advice is interessting and healthy.

2: Drink a gallion of milk each day. You get bloated but when u wake up its gone.

3: Drink a gallion of water each day.

Cheap and easy and you will stay anabolic all nigth.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    You don't need lots of small meals. The whole thing about lots of small meals boosting metabolism is mostly bull.

You need lots of big meals. You haven't actually posted your diet. Please detail a full days normal diet that you are trying to gain weight with and include the macro's.
    Im not to sure on the macros, if i were to guess i would say i eat a lot more protein than anything , then comes carbs and i think my fat intake is very little but i may be wrong because im not too sure on what foods have what amounts of fats in them. Id say per day on average i have about 100-250g protein about 100-150g carbs and around 20-40g of fat but again i really an not sure those are just guesses. Maybe what i had today (which is usually what i eat most of the week) will give you a better idea of what it is.
    Ok well today i woke up very late and ate 3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on white bread at like 1pm about 3 hours later i had 2 turkey burgers, broccoli , a steamed artichoke,brown rice and yams. For dinner around 3 hours later i had white rice with corn and chicken cutlet. I had a few snacks , banana inbetween breakfast and lunch and i had a protein shake before i went to sleep.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Im not to sure on the macros, if i were to guess i would say i eat a lot more protein than anything , then comes carbs and i think my fat intake is very little but i may be wrong because im not too sure on what foods have what amounts of fats in them. Id say per day on average i have about 100-250g protein about 100-150g carbs and around 20-40g of fat but again i really an not sure those are just guesses. Maybe what i had today (which is usually what i eat most of the week) will give you a better idea of what it is.
    Ok well today i woke up very late and ate 3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on white bread at like 1pm about 3 hours later i had 2 turkey burgers, broccoli , a steamed artichoke,brown rice and yams. For dinner around 3 hours later i had white rice with corn and chicken cutlet. I had a few snacks , banana inbetween breakfast and lunch and i had a protein shake before i went to sleep.
    Thank u for putting your diet on. But that still doesn't really tell us how much your eating.

To explain. Easily= a peanut butter and jelly sandwiches can be a bunch of different sizes. Same with how much rice or how big your yams are.

Do u have a scale or can u get a scale? For 1 week can u weight your food and log it for us? If u can then this will help a lot! It's simple ones u get the hang of it
    Last edited by 73rr; 09-13-2016 at 05:33 AM.
    Johnhenson and InternalFire like this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    100-250g protein per day. That's a massive difference but even if we take the high figure that's 1000cals.

If we take the top figure for carbs that's 600cals.

Maybe you have 50g of fat so just over 400cals.

So, on your highest calorie day you eat 2000cals and a lower end of the spectrum day you are maybe around 120cals.

With all that cardio and so little food it's no wonder you can't gain weight.

Take 73RR advice and get some kitchen scales. Learn to measure and weigh and start eating at LEAST 2500cals per day and weigh yourself after a week and then 2 weeks. At that time adjust your cals accordingly.

Keep your protein at 210g. Keep your fats around 60g and make the carbs make up the rest.

Absolutely do not waste your time, money and health on any kind of aas cycle until you get this figured out and start gaining consistently.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

100-250g protein per day. That's a massive difference but even if we take the high figure that's 1000cals.

So, on your highest calorie day you eat 2000cals and a lower end of the spectrum day you are maybe around 120cals.

Take 73RR advice and get some kitchen scales. Learn to measure and weigh and start eating at LEAST 2500cals per day and weigh yourself after a week and then 2 weeks. At that time adjust your cals accordingly.

Keep your protein at 210g. Keep your fats around 60g and make the carbs make up the rest.

Absolutely do not waste your time, money and health on any kind of aas cycle until you get this figured out and start gaining consistently.
    To add one little thing to this great advice. Don't get the 210g portiend from powder shakes. Us them as extras or in a pinch. Real food. That way u know your getting the correct amount and it's better!
    Johnhenson and InternalFire like this.

zenvost1 is offline Associate Member
    12 egg white 3 yolk
    2 cup of organic oat
    Half liter milk
    1tb peanut butter organic prefered

250g 95%lean beef
    Broccoli
    1 big sweet potato
    1 tb Olive oil

Meal 3 as 1

Meal 4 as 2

Meal 5 3 can of tuna with 4 slices of whole grain bread
    1 tb of mayonnaise without soybean oil

Meal 6 12 egg white 2 banana half liter of milk 1 tb of penaut butter
    Sweetener put everything In the blender and Drink

I'm sure you will grow on this diet but if you don't train hard enough you will gain fat more than muscle you must know how to train also

Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    Thank u for putting your diet on. But that still doesn't really tell us how much your eating.

To explain. Easily= a peanut butter and jelly sandwiches can be a bunch of different sizes. Same with how much rice or how big your yams are.

Do u have a scale or can u get a scale? For 1 week can u weight your food and log it for us? If u can then this will help a lot! It's simple ones u get the hang of it
    Ok i will buy scale and log my diet as soon as i get the scale
    73rr and InternalFire like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    1: Deadlifiting dogs advice is interessting and healthy.

2: Drink a gallion of milk each day. You get bloated but when u wake up its gone.

3: Drink a gallion of water each day.

Cheap and easy and you will stay anabolic all nigth.
    Come on dude. Really. A gallon of milk. I mean I come close if I'm mixing my shakes with milk and everything else I use with milk. But to chug a straight gallon of milk. I'm sure there are bad side effects of to much milk. I heard calcium overload or some thing

Quote Originally Posted by zenvost1 View Post
    12 egg white 3 yolk
    2 cup of organic oat
    Half liter milk
    1tb peanut butter organic prefered

250g 95%lean beef
    Broccoli
    1 big sweet potato
    1 tb Olive oil

Meal 3 as 1

Meal 4 as 2

Meal 5 3 can of tuna with 4 slices of whole grain bread
    1 tb of mayonnaise without soybean oil

Meal 6 12 egg white 2 banana half liter of milk 1 tb of penaut butter
    Sweetener put everything In the blender and Drink

I'm sure you will grow on this diet but if you don't train hard enough you will gain fat more than muscle you must know how to train also
    Thank you this helps me a lot. I run a high intensity workout i should be fine.

Ok thank you very much. I do still plan on running a cycle this offseason but i will put it off until i get my diet together
    InternalFire likes this.

Hey i got my diet in check and i gained 7 pounds since this post without cycling thanks man. Im pretty sure a lot of it is water though because i wasnt in the gym much before this but still this is the most ive weighed in my life 172lbs

Hey i got my diet in check and i gained 7 pounds since this post without cycling thanks man. Im pretty sure a lot of it is water though because i wasnt in the gym much before this but still this is the most ive weighed in my life 172lbs
    Congratulations keep it up!

This dude looks strikingly similar to that dude bollted or whatever that's spiking like a Gallo of teen plus other stuff ..same guy ?

Never mind this cats got more meat on his bones then the other guy lol.my bad

Thread Information