531hulk is offline New Member

Tdee and what macros?

So I figured out that my tdee is 4,732. Holy shit that's alot of cals. I'm planning on losing some weight. I really need to. I'm around 340 lbs. I'm 6'4. Now I'll reduce it to about 4,000 considering you want to reduce your calories by 500-700. Considering my weight is so high I reduced it by 700. Now I just need to get my macros in check. I know that I'll need atleast 300 grams of protein. Do you think I should do the 40 40 20 ratio? That would put me at 400 grams of protein, 400 grams of crabs, and about 90 grams of fat. Open to all advice. Especially from people who were once heavy (35% Bf and up) and lost a good amount of Bf in these forums.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Kinda, hard to answer your question. Reason being everyone is different. Some ppl like carb cycling to lose weight. Otherso simply lower fats in there diet.

What I would suggest is simply eating less. Your a really big dude. Sure try a 40/40/20 but when it comes down to it just make sure u are eating under your tdee wih GOOD food. None of this McDonald's or burger King junk.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    Kinda, hard to answer your question. Reason being everyone is different. Some ppl like carb cycling to lose weight. Otherso simply lower fats in there diet.

What I would suggest is simply eating less. Your a really big dude. Sure try a 40/40/20 but when it comes down to it just make sure u are eating under your tdee wih GOOD food. None of this McDonald's or burger King junk.
    To Piggy back on what 73rr stated. The junk food can be as much as 1k calories per combo. When they list the caloric value of the meals. They base it off the lowest possible value.

You could easily drop your caloric intake to 25-2700 just by cutting that out and focusing on whole vegetables and lean meats. You can actually have the same amount of food volume ingested without the same caloric intake. Which will help minimize hunger and blood sugar drops.

Whole veggies would be uncanned, unprocessed foods, Basically fresh. there are a billion vids on YouTube that you can make quick meals out of. When I am dieting for a show, or when I came back from surgery. I would search YouTube Or Pinterest for quick healthy meals just before I went to the store. Let me tell you, that was a life saver. If you do it right, you can make great meals for less than 10 bucks a meal.

I recommend wieghing food for the first week or so, so you get th idea of how much something is. After that you will be able to eye ball your portions and know what you got.

One trick I did when I got my calories really low, was to eat very slow. Your stomach is slow to sense when it is stretched causing it to cut off the hunger hormone. Which in of itself takes some time for it to get out of your circulation. I would usually take a bit and then a drink of water to help get me full so I wouldn't try to over eat.

Secondly, I would smack on romain or spring mix salad. With small amounts of dressing. Vinegar and oil is a really good dressing. I usually get Raw organic apple cider vinager (ACV) and a good quality olive oil and mix that on my salads. A little goes a very long way because of how strong the ACV is.

Plus because the ACV is fermented it is a great source of beneficial bacteria. The key is it must be labels as Raw Organic apple cider vinegar. Or it will come filtered and processed.

Hope that helps, all that made me hungry. Lol

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    My approach is slightly different even though I see nothing wrong with what have suggested whatsoever! People generally say eat "clean" so instead of trying to cut calories at all try to simply make some food changes. For people just starting out, this usually has a great impact and keeps the complications to a minimum. If you start by weighing all food this is going to get old fast or counting everyting (Turning food into math). All that is fine when you might want to start being more detailed but in the beginning, keep it as simple as possible.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Tarmyg gave you some great advice above. I don't think you need to track macros at this point. Save the macro splits and food weighing until you've met some goals and weight loss seems to have stopped.

I understand this is easy for a bunch of gym rats to say but just eating healthier foods will have a profound effect on your weight loss.

One of the reasons people stop fall off the wagon and stop dieting is because counting calories is difficult and not that fun. It's something that you should ease into. Cooking and eating should be fun and enjoyable, don't turn it into something monotonous right from the beginning.

531hulk is offline New Member
    Thanks alot guys. I'll just be focusing on eating good food and limiting my going out.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by 531hulk View Post
    Thanks alot guys. I'll just be focusing on eating good food and limiting my going out.
    Good luck hulk!

Keep us updated on the progress.

Sehdee is offline Junior Member
    studies show that people really only need about .7 to .8 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight , but if you were on cycle id have it to about 1 g per pound of body weight , the supplement industry tends to over exaggerate the amount of protein needed for muscle. You'll need a good amount of dietary fat for hormone function , things like almonds , peanut butter, olive oil etc . For carbs , i personally try not to consume more then needed . For maintaining i eat 1.5 x bodyweight in carbs , on my lifting days , and a little less then 1 g per gram of body weight on my off days .

Thread Information