How much protein on a non workout day?

so i re did my diet excel spread. it now includes MACRO percentages for workout and non workout days. i did this so i could better manipulate my protein intake.

for basal/non workout days i'm only consuming a little over 1gram per LB.

for the work out days i'm consuming a little less than 1.4 grams of protein per LB.

i am making a note now for later to account for lag. i.e. the idea that what you ate the day before if fueling your day today, or helping recovery for that day.

on that same note, how about down days? days in which i've spent more than 2 days out of the GYM? how much protein reduction or calorie deficit can i do on those days? sometimes i am just wasted tired.

if you can't make heads or tails of my excel thing just ask. i want to make a little cheat note card with me that i can carry around in my lunch box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NEW ADDITION.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	165601

i also made this. it turns into a drop down/filter menu. it's not done quite yet

Name:	NEW A 2.png 
Views:	138 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	165602

the whole thing isnt really done. i need to re-assess my Body fat % but i need to re calibrate. I envision better progress
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 09-28-2016 at 08:17 PM.

holy crap.... on my off days i get 1 tablespoon of dry steel cut oats for every 6 meals. lol

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I remember you saying you were looking for "lean gains" in a past thread?

If thats still the case, I wouldn't even consider dropping the protein down on non workout days. Not worth the risk of sacrificing any muscle at all. Drop your carbs instead. Personally I do 550-600 grams of carbs on workouts days (6 days a week) and drop it to 250-300 grams or carbs on rest days.

yea, my carbs on non workout days are pretty low.... i was thinking anyways. i thought they needed to be higher

but i'm going to use your ratio percentages to come up with some new ones for me, so i can keep my protein high.

what's high protein to you? 1.4g per lb, or 1.7?

[success! shredded chest last night. sore now!]

ok, your high carb intake is reduced by 50% for your low and high values. unless i increase my calories on a non workout day, i'm eating next to no fat at all. that ok?

Name:	work in progress.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	165603

unless i increase my calories, i'm going to have to drop even more carbs to meet the high protein demand... increase calories, right? that sounds like a great little tweak to me.
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 09-29-2016 at 04:53 AM.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My protein sits around 1.5g per lb.

I don't think you should increase your protein anymore than it is, I just don't like you cutting it on non workout days. Also, sacrificing fats for carbs isn't the best idea either. Fat and protein are critical in the repair and rebuilding process. Is there a reason for you having your calories so low on non workout days?

well, no. in fact i'm going to rework the numbers and i increased the calories. i'm still tweaking it. your advice is really helping. i feel like my calories are just getting bumped way to high on non workout days, but it's what i need if i'm to keep protein the same and still have fats + carbs

here's the new work. i'll be honest, it's been a long day at work, so this might not be the best work

Name:	still at it.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	165609

the thing is, i thought that a reduction by 500 cal was where one starts with a diet

Thread Information